Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Gaunab posted:

Just finished the movie and I loved that James Wan decided to stick an action movie in the middle of a horror movie.

There's a part of me that really wants to see an action movie in the vein of, I don't know, Equilibrium or something but where it's a sister and brother who are conjoined twins and they fight crime literally back-to-back. poo poo, you could even call it Back 2 Back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I'm putting way more thought into this than Wan & Co. but I wonder what happens to Madison after all the events of the movie? I mean, technically the murderer is a different person, but he used her body which multiple witnesses can attest to. I don't see her legally getting to just walk free after all that, I mean the murderer is still alive and connected to her. It's a scenario that has never happened and can never happen so I guess it doesn't matter :shrug:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I mean, I don't want a trial I basically want the sequel to be a buddy cop action movie, but shot like the loving Underworld movies or whatever. I want Disturbed on the soundtrack, but maybe like a slowed-down version with a sad, gravelly-voiced woman singing.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I mean, it's also Madison's mind he's using so wouldn't she have the same powers? I'm sure at no point did the writers consider this, or if they did they probably assumed the audience wouldn't.

They sort of address it when Madison mentions that it's her body so clearly she has Gabriel's strength too, which makes so little loving sense that it's hilarious.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Von Pluring posted:

I thought it was a really bad horror movie. It wasn't scary at all, ever, which makes it pretty bad by default in my book.

Yes, this movie is neither scary nor a good movie. But yes it's also loving awesome and we all love it, sincerely. No irony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Nope, we totally get why somebody would not like this movie. I don't even think, deep down, that all of us here truly understand why we do like it.