Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Tiggum posted:

Also, it seems like the side stories (like the woman and her daughter who got left behind by their friends and then briefly heard a radio station - I don't know who she is or why she's in the show) are just padding the runtime. And it really doesn't need padding.

She is (was) some sort of staffer for the previous "Totally not a clone of George W. Bush" president that died. Not sure if she was, like, "Chief of Staff" or just some lower role, but we briefly saw her being goaded into shooting a gun by that president, but not much else. I assume she must be a lower level staffer since I would assume that someone as important as Chief of Staff would have been at the Pentagon with him when he died.

Hence why she tried to get past the blockage, cause she assumed she was "important enough."

I think they're showing her to sort of show us what the day to day life is like for the "average" person left? Not in a city, not in the government inner circle, just trying to loot homes for food and not die of cold or starvation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Enjoyed the latest episode a lot more than the one before, but one question:

Was I supposed to be able to tell who was getting shot in those last few scenes? Other than the former Secretary trying to do the coup getting capped in the head, I couldn't tell if I should recognize the other victims...including the woman that Kim ended up stabbing at the end to protect Christine.