Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
And again, giving the cool new muscle guy a win is better than the Triple H NXT vision of slowly building a 38-year-old called "LA Knight" in the developmental territory

Vince Was Right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
How tf you do a surprise comeback with no comeback or surprise? He just.... stop selling and did the move and LA Knight was dead like he got hit with an Akuma raging demon

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
That was a pretty good opener.

Ganso Bomb posted:

This doesn't technically look bad but it also looks like when a show like Family Matters does a story where they go see a wrestling show. It's like weirdly fake and I can't put my finger on why.

Maybe I'm just saying this because my only comparison for "small arena wrestling TV show" is Lucha Underground, but it feels like they aren't doing quite enough with the set overall? I think that the very light space is going to feel emptier than if the outer walls were black. It makes it feel like they don't own the space. It's definitely something you could fix, it's just going to take set design work.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
LA Knight seems like one of those guys who is going to get his release. Made no sense to me when he was hired. He's almost 40, doesn't make any sense in developmental unless he's always jobbing (maybe that will be his job going forward) and he's just filler on the main roster.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

the folks just politely sitting on the bleachers while the boys look around like “what the hell IS all this”

I have no idea who Briggs or Jensen are but they’re adorable

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

This crowd looks like they're watching Maury

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Le Saboteur posted:

LA Knight seems like one of those guys who is going to get his release. Made no sense to me when he was hired. He's almost 40, doesn't make any sense in developmental unless he's always jobbing (maybe that will be his job going forward) and he's just filler on the main roster.

Hey you could have a Miz on each show if you put him on smackdown. There's a draft in 2 weeks.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

It's like an episode of AEW Dark. All these established guys and then newbies. Except the established guys aren't always winning it seems.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
Brooks Jensen is Bull Buchanan's kid and Josh Briggs is an alleged sex pest, so there's that.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I mean if WWE does want to develop talent this is what they need to be doing with them. Get them their tv minutes in.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

heel turn posted:

Brooks Jensen is Bull Buchanan's kid and Josh Briggs is an alleged sex pest, so there's that.

…oh

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
it looks like they set up a ring for a daytime talkshow taping

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Shows pretty good so far. Granted it's been all wrestling and no sports entertainment yet.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Aw, there go my dreams of newbies going over all night

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

It is weird how brightly lit the crowd is. They need to find the happy medium between this and the original really darkly lit audience.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

…uh who is this gal

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

the escape goat posted:

…uh who is this gal

I believe her name is New Money

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Le Saboteur posted:

I mean if WWE does want to develop talent this is what they need to be doing with them. Get them their tv minutes in.

Yeah this makes way more sense than warehousing people for years as you wait to clear out your backlog of indie stars learning to work a hard cam. Any step WWE takes in the direction of "wrestling's not that complicated" is a good move

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/BlockbusterPlus/status/1437934408221274121?s=20

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
That is a jobber-rear end jobber that B-fab is up against

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

Pamela Springstein posted:

it looks like they set up a ring for a daytime talkshow taping

It looks exactly like when every 90's sitcom went to a wrestling show.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

As an example of people actually getting their tv match time in B-Fab has been on TV with Hit Row for months. Pretty sure this is her first actual match.

That definitely had "this is my very first match" vibes.

They stole the ending of that promo from AEW, just fade out to the next thing.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Sep 15, 2021

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

This set is the drizzling shits

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
This setup reminds me of when CHIKARA ran Easton at the Funplex.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Also for MTG Nerds Loading Ready Run finally put up a new episode of their wrestling podcast a few hours ago on YT, gonna go listen to what Canadians have to say about stuff.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

has the sound quality always been this poo poo

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Come on fellas, lets do the V.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I have the gift of gab, and the gift of jab

*does discus front kick*

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

having no clue who any of these folks are other than Knight and Imperium does make it feel developmental and honestly kinda decent? Maybe?

I won’t watch again since today is a morbid curiosity thing but still, it’s different than expected.

Priscilla Kelly wyd

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Unnecessary heel turn from a promising young guy, I thought this was the *new* NXT

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

so did Duke Hudson have a match up next or

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I guess not???

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

How long are they going to call it NXT 2.0 for I wonder.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
This hasn't been bad so far. Obviously the match quality has taken a dip but it's developmental so

Super indy NXT was dead as soon as AEW showed up anyway

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I like the new look of NXT. The new layout is cool as gently caress.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Yeah turning this into actually mostly developing young talent may be the WWE actually making a smart move for once.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

If they replaced Mandy Rose with another wrestler, I might commit to watching this

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Big Queefy posted:

If they replaced Mandy Rose with another wrestler, I might commit to watching this

Hey she's one of the ones who complained about being underused and having latent potential. Let's see what she's got.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I'm down with Team Goth GF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Pleasant surprise that Priscilla has been allowed to keep her general presentation and entrance at least!