Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i think that's the end of gazi

More like been gazi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Yeah, in the wasteland video game series most enclaves of humanity that remain after nuclear holocaust in the US are some admixture of cults of personality, cargo cults emulating their piecemeal understandings of what American life was like before the collapse, and religious cults based on things like worshiping the atom bomb itself or Ronald Reagan or extremist christianity or something

I feel like it's the series' most apt observation about American life

Mr. Lobe has issued a correction as of 17:31 on Jul 25, 2022

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I was just thinking the other day about the Precious Moments Chapel being a post apocalyptic holy site.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Mr. Lobe posted:

Yeah, in the wasteland video game series most enclaves of humanity that remain after nuclear holocaust in the US are some admixture of cults of personality, cargo cults emulating their piecemeal understandings of what American life was like before the collapse, and religious cults based on things like worshiping the atom bomb itself or Ronald Reagan or extremist christianity or something

I had never thought about that but yeah, its present even in the first game. Blood cult, mushroom cult, Finster is kinda culty about evolution, the guardians are an America Worship Cult...

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I was just thinking the other day about the Precious Moments Chapel being a post apocalyptic holy site.

Lol absolutely

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Mr. Lobe posted:

Mad max Ronald Reagan cults are so plausible lmao

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
During the last few years, due to a certain someone, I’ve developed kind of an obsession with cults, and the more I read, the more I’m convinced: if you want to stop a cult, you have to throw the leader in prison forever. And this applies equally to the nation’s largest cult. Cut off the head and the rest of the group virtually always collapses or is neutered into a shell of itself. They almost never choose an equal successor if the leader is forcefully brought down or all go on the warpath to free their jailed leader, instead they almost always flop around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off without the leader to direct them.

Conversely, if you don’t jail the cult leader, he’ll just keep on committing offenses until the day he dies. Guaranteed. Ultra-narcissistic leaders aren’t capable of self-reflection and they don’t play it safe after near-misses; instead they just see their continued ability to escape serious consequences as more proof of their innate superiority.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

What I'm hearing is Elon Musk needs to go to jail forever

Sounds good to me

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
The Esoteric Order of Father Trump and Mother MTG

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
This "Gazi" fellow has the eyes of a crazy person. I would stay well away from him!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Futanari Damacy posted:

This "Gazi" fellow has the eyes of a crazy person. I would follow him to hell and back!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

gonna start an ATL branch of Black Hammer, call myself Gazi Kudzu

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

gonna start an ATL branch of Black Hammer, call myself Gazi Kudzu

he got busted in ATL but also lol

wish I could have been accosted by BH on the Beltline

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/aaronjschaffer/status/1553049002727415813
https://twitter.com/AricToler/status/1553087394886197248

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 20:50 on Jul 29, 2022

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the thing is, if that's true, is it doesn't give me much confidence in the caliber of "active measures" if gazi kodzo is the kind of guy they think makes for a good representative for a peace and anti-imperialist movement

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

lmfao

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
imagine having to write up a report for the home office about Gazi Kodo and his schemes. roflmao

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
it's so bananas that it's either not true, or the russian GRU or whatever has no idea what they're doing other than trying to find the most goofball groups that, if anything, prefer to spend their time harassing other political forces in the U.S. which might be better suited toward building a movement opposed to U.S. meddling in ukraine

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 21:19 on Jul 29, 2022

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao wow

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

what a way to start a weekend

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
lmao that russiagate is black hammer

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

it's so bananas that it's either not true, or the russian GRU or whatever has no idea what they're doing other than trying to find the most goofball groups that, if anything, prefer to spend their time harassing other political forces in the U.S. which might be better suited toward building a movement opposed to U.S. meddling in ukraine

You remember the weirdo buff Bernie meme pages that were confirmed as Russian Ops, right? Black Hammer is pretty much an IRL shitpost.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

all this means to me is that the worst people on twitter will start talking about gazi

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

I mean, if the general strategy of Russian propaganda is, rather than try and create a single narrative to sell, to food the information space with so much bullshit that no one can tell what's true and what isn't, I don't see why this would be any different. You don't need to have a coherent plan or vision, just find a bunch of shitstirrers and give them the resources they need to stir poo poo.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

christmas boots posted:

I mean, if the general strategy of Russian propaganda is, rather than try and create a single narrative to sell, to food the information space with so much bullshit that no one can tell what's true and what isn't, I don't see why this would be any different. You don't need to have a coherent plan or vision, just find a bunch of shitstirrers and give them the resources they need to stir poo poo.

Jokes on them, America doesn't need a single bit of help with that.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

christmas boots posted:

i understand what you're saying as an explanation, but i'm in the "needs a coherent plan and vision" gang

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Gazi is still just a footnote in the whole black power exploitation scene, which is loving massive. Just look at all the contributors to Buckbreaking. All of those guys are each running their own hustles, and wouldn't think twice about taking Kremlin money.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Gazi is russia's osama bin laden

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

i say swears online posted:

Gazi is russia's osama bin laden

He’s the money guy?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

i understand what you're saying as an explanation, but i'm in the "needs a coherent plan and vision" gang

any seasoned crusader kings player knows that sometimes it’s not about what the plot is trying to accomplish, it’s valuable enough to have plots going to generate future opportunities. the actions of the russian intel apparatus are exactly what I would expect to see from an intrigue focused leader such as putin

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

The other groups that are implicated are:
#1 - International People's Democratic Uhuru Movement, "the leading mass organization in the struggle for Bread, Peace and Black Power in the 21st Century."

#3 - Yes California for Calexit, a California secessionist group

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Honest Thief posted:

lmao that russiagate is black hammer

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

uber_stoat posted:

imagine having to write up a report for the home office about Gazi Kodo and his schemes. roflmao

Imagine receiving the report.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

We're going to find out Black Hammer was a joint operation of the CIA, FBI, GRU, Mounties, and Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hatebag posted:

The other groups that are implicated are:
#1 - International People's Democratic Uhuru Movement, "the leading mass organization in the struggle for Bread, Peace and Black Power in the 21st Century."

#3 - Yes California for Calexit, a California secessionist group

calexit lol. do it

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Hatebag posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65uuGA2xGwg

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Atrocious Joe posted:

We're going to find out Black Hammer was a joint operation of the CIA, FBI, GRU, Mounties, and Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

Comedy option: The fall of Black Hammer results in a series of incredible relations, the greatest of which will be that every major intelligence agency in the world, regardless of nation or ideology, is basically in cahoots and sharing information because they don't have to work as hard and it keeps their bosses happy and the funding flowing. And I don't just mean the Five Eyes, I mean like "CIA and KGB sitting down to figure out what they can share without rocking the status quo" stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I need to get some CIA, FSB, FBI, etc money.