Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Won't somebody think of the children?!?!??

Stop having them!! Their lives are gonna suck!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swamp thong
Nov 6, 2023
I am decreasing my carbon emissions per capita by importing the destitute

hypoallergenic cat breed
Dec 16, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/04/15/health/climate-crisis-parenting-bill-weir-wellness

quote:

Allan: On one hand, you wrote “The United States of America I knew and loved is gone … eaten from the inside by metastasized lies fed to furious people in forgotten places.” On the other hand, you intentionally had a child in the last few years. What would you say to someone who feels conflicted about having a baby right now?

Weir: I would say we need all the good help we can get. And if you believe that your child is going to be a net positive for humanity, go for it. I think our basic purpose in life is to procreate. Nature wants replication and hopefully improvement for the next generation.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
"I think our basic purpose in life is to procreate". That is some dire poo poo. Someone said once that americans lack any shared concept of utopia.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Cup Runneth Over posted:

but then who will wipe my lovely rear end when I'm 85 years old

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

smoobles posted:

but then who will wipe my lovely rear end when I'm 85 years old

get a bidet they're nicd

swamp thong
Nov 6, 2023
He's right. If you're not having kids you are failing to help change the planet

Kids emit carbon, which is good but they also reduce our carbon emissions per capita which is.also good.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
For every child you refuse to have, I will spawn three.

swamp thong
Nov 6, 2023
Biologically compelled to suffer a fate worse than death; maximising your child's present as the future looms threateningly over a smokey horizon. Knowing one day you'll be dead and every treat you let them taste will be replaced with the spite of knowing the cost. The final metaphor for the coming of age made real. Thankfully I raise my kids as warriors of the wastes and not in the old ways

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

Paradoxish posted:

probably fine

:hai:

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 20 days!)

Owlbear Camus posted:

get a bidet they're nicd

i want one with warm water/seat but there's no power outlet next to the toilet :cry:

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

swamp thong posted:

He's right. If you're not having kids you are failing to help change the planet

Kids emit carbon, which is good but they also reduce our carbon emissions per capita which is.also good.

obviously its great if you have kids, but not everybody is able to due to their personal circumstances and that's okay too. if all you can do is book an extended cruise or invite your friends with kids over for burgers on the grill, you're helping.

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

i want one with warm water/seat but there's no power outlet next to the toilet :cry:

you can replace a light switch panel with a combination light switch and outlet if one is nearby. i would chain probe you out of cspam if i had buttons but nobody deserves a cold butthole

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

At the collapsing biosphere -- Where the hoes at? Nature want replication!

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Yeah, I got an extension cord. I’ve got a cord and a clean, warm butthole.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Wakko posted:

obviously its great if you have kids, but not everybody is able to due to their personal circumstances and that's okay too. if all you can do is book an extended cruise or invite your friends with kids over for burgers on the grill, you're helping.

you can replace a light switch panel with a combination light switch and outlet if one is nearby. i would chain probe you out of cspam if i had buttons but nobody deserves a cold butthole

cold water bidet is refreshing and an excellent way to wake up

the hot coffee cold bidet combo is unbeatable

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 20 days!)

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

proof that cspam is full of freaks

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

I mean what do y'all think the "purpose" of life is, if not self-replication? This is all just an extremely elaborate way to maximize extant copies of genes. If anything, humanity is winning the ultimate high score and then shutting the game down to make sure nobody can ever take away our #1 slot on the leaderboard, it's the perfect strategy.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Crazycryodude posted:

I mean what do y'all think the "purpose" of life is, if not self-replication? This is all just an extremely elaborate way to maximize extant copies of genes. If anything, humanity is winning the ultimate high score and then shutting the game down to make sure nobody can ever take away our #1 slot on the leaderboard, it's the perfect strategy.

the "guy celebrating his 3rd place showing like he won" meme with Order Coleoptera on the actual #1 pedestal.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Crazycryodude posted:

broke: self-replication
woke: number go up

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I'm. Not worried

about Climate change

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Crazycryodude posted:

we're supposed to figure out life isn't anything but a series of mistakes starting with "individuality", the moment a majority of us are of that understanding we'll poof into the next realm of existence which is the same as the one before this, and we all get to experience the vast pointlessness of everyones lives and the one soul we all are gets to sigh and go "whew, glad thats over"

hopefully 2 of the last 3 people alive will have figured it out and it wont all have been for waste

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Crazycryodude posted:

who bought a strand of DNA a forums account?

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
a year into constant record highs and it’s not that bad yet. a really nice day today, all the invasive flowers are blooming. me and my 20 kids had a great walk around the lake. I would take them fishing but there are no fishing signs everywhere. something about chemical leakage from a factory upstream in the 80s

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Crazycryodude posted:

anatomically modern humans existed for about 300,000 years and it took the english to arrive at this view

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

it's OK to have a eugenics point of view so long as it's humans vs every other living thing on Earth

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
its loving hot outside someone do something

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Crazycryodude posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WtcWc2PNG0

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Scarabrae posted:

its loving hot outside someone do something

it's summer :sun:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

in the stripped club. straight up "scrolling it". and by "it", haha, well. let's justr say. Climate graphs

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
You all stumble blind upon the rocks of truth, the purpose of all life is to suffer and to attempt the impossible battle against suffering, by selflessly ending all life in the universe that has become as sentient as we, enduring eternal mara to mercifully eradicate suffering as it stirs up over and over again from the chaos of the demiurge

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

You all stumble blind upon the rocks of truth, the purpose of all life is to suffer and to attempt the impossible battle against suffering, by selflessly ending all life in the universe that has become as sentient as we, enduring eternal mara to mercifully eradicate suffering as it stirs up over and over again from the chaos of the demiurge

ahh yes the anti-life equation

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

you can save time and money by doing a hot coffee bidet

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

It's cool it went from cloudless 20ºC sunshine over the weekend to 6ºC and tornadoes appearing with abundant hail and darkness on Monday. Super normal.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Tungsten posted:

anatomically modern humans existed for about 300,000 years and it took the english to arrive at this view

Took a few hundred thousand years to figure out that Neptune and microorganisms existed too, they're not somehow any less real. What's your alternative to a basic axiom of all modern biological theory?

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

It's cool it went from cloudless 20ºC sunshine over the weekend to 6ºC and tornadoes appearing with abundant hail and darkness on Monday. Super normal.

april showers

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

the purpose of life is the investigation of the sun, the moon, and the heavens

they all say we're hosed

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

it was 25 yesterday here. there were even people hitting the outdoor pool on the weekend. it was 20 at 12h today. it was snowing by 14h today
lol, lmao

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Crazycryodude posted:

Took a few hundred thousand years to figure out that Neptune and microorganisms existed too, they're not somehow any less real. What's your alternative to a basic axiom of all modern biological theory?

might as well ascribe purpose to the existence of sand dunes or fire

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

UK, bro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

The Oldest Man posted:

might as well ascribe purpose to the existence of sand dunes or fire

The purpose of a system is what it does. One could assume that nothing unusual is going on with the earth. One of the species is reproducing and consuming until it reaches the limits of it's environment, at which point dieback occurs.

Or maybe not idk. Feeling pessimistic today.