Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

lol we're hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

:regd08:

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

comedyblissoption posted:

"but if you keep polluting we will both surely die," said the worker

"lol" said the corporation. "lmao"

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Xeom posted:

wanna be there during that first date where car hater just goes off like a madman. keep shining you bright star.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Serf posted:

well clearly i need to up my plastic-eating game

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Blockade posted:

Someone should post an actuarial table for civilization so I know exactly when I should stop caring about tps reports and I can coast off my savings for the rest of my life

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

gonna eat a pound of meat tonight, burn baby burn

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

RIP Syndrome posted:

Cool. So the cloud layer breakdown forecast by the way too pessimist, probably bad new models that was maybe, possibly happening next century in an absolute worst-case scenario:

- Is real
- Started happening in earnest a couple of years ago

lmao

haha that owns

quote:

"It's actually quite concerning," said Edward Schwieterman, a planetary scientist at the University of California at Riverside who was not involved in the new study.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Can someone explain why the yellow line goes up after going down and what "atmosphere starts to become toxic due to dinoflagellate toxins" means? https://twitter.com/_ppmv/status/1448725571215708163/photo/1

ahahahaha haha holy gently caress this whips rear end god drat

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Hexigrammus posted:

Drought in the Canadian Prairies has hit the barley crop, which is going to impact beer brewing. We're hosed, everyone panic.

Local onion crop has been good though. I was going to simplify my life by adopting the ancient Sumerian commoner's diet of onions, beer, and wild rear end. Unfortunately this barley shortage is going to screw that up.

Also a lack of wild rear end.

gently caress climate change finally hits home

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE_u5RuvNog

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyhrYis509A

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Cold on a Cob posted:

isn't that the crazy doomer guy that every other doomer thinks is too crazy?

that just means he's a year or three ahead of the curve

buy him an account

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Mola Yam posted:

so long suckers! i rev up industrial society and create a huge cloud of smoke. when the cloud dissipates humanity is lying completely dead on the pavement

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Alobar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEmwJzQjwyw

*slams hands on desk and throws papers around the room* NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! DAMNIT!

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Serf posted:

this thread becomes more and more insane the longer it goes. is this guy some kinda well-known dumbass?

it brings me great joy to know this motherfucker will be alive to see just how wrong he is

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

this is why i only drink beer, which as we all know is beer not water and therefore is fine

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

your food is contaminated but probably fine overall compared to the water you're drinking

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

lol yeah it owns

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Egg Moron posted:

makes no sense why the rest of the world doesn't band together to destroy the United states to save their own rear end

big boom boom bombs

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

"fart" is a nice succinct honest answer to what are your climate policies mr biden

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

lol

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

lol it's mid november we're over the halfway point for fall

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

eating Arby's rn to celebrate mudslide season

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

pfffft pnw megaquake baby tier "will it wont it" event, dethroned by east laptev pre-formed methane pocket punching out the ozone layer

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Rime posted:

We are about to watch some serious poo poo go down over the next few weeks.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

https://i.imgur.com/xwriX8a.mp4

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

water! fire! earth! electricity! this episode of collapse has got it all

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Goons don't go out during the day anyway. :shrug:

plants do

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Yes! Now this is the kinda poo poo I'm staying alive for

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

tuyop posted:

A video of someone who survived one of the landslides in BC
https://twitter.com/globalbc/status/1461108250896740361?s=21

fuuuuuck

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Be a good friend. Tell him he doesn't want to know and that he'll be far happier living in ignorance. This isn't something where we need to inform people and raise awareness anymore. You're not doing this guy a favour by ruining any sense of hope he may have for the future.

gently caress that everyone deserves to crack ping over this poo poo, and sooner rather than later

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Chamale posted:

Thanks to Rime for helping me tip off my loved ones several days ago to fill their gas tank.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

It's probably a good sign that a supervolcano eruption has gone from an apocalyptic scenario to something we're actively hoping happens

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Jel Shaker posted:

i see graphs like this and think, we really are sure that plastic nanoparticles are non-toxic right?

right?

yeah don't worry we're sure that they're endocrine disrupters and loving us up

good news though they also don't degrade, like, forever, so our legacy is assured in Earth+: Plastic Edition :buddy:

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

reminder you consume 5g of plastic a week lol

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

flossin and brushin and lolin at how oral hygiene is just abrading your mouth with plastic

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

at least it wasn't as bad as next year