Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Pryor on Fire posted:

C-SPAM > Biospher collapse: So Long Big Sequoia!

gotta get it right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

fanfic insert posted:

dig deep and put a bunch of seeds in clay pots, if lucky maybe an earthquake in a thousand years or so brings em up to the surface and maybe we as a civilization died quick enough for the climate to kind of restore itself

No matter what we do the climate will eventually restore itself. It may take millions of years but in the grand scheme of things it’s just a blink of an eye.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Without reading the article, I am going to guess:

Neckties create less airflow around your neck, which in turn makes you hotter, which makes you want to turn on the AC?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Don’t look up is a documentary.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
what if we just collect all the extra co2 in a big bag and then launch the bag into space???

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://twitter.com/wallstreetsilv/status/1561377629822783488

lol, lmao!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/08/28/us/california-water-restriction-enforcement-elam/index.html

people in LA having their water restricted 30x less than normal if the water district catches them being wasteful, in goes the restrictor plate on the city water pipe to your meter

And of course the loving GOLF COURSES are super green!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

smoobles posted:

Lol billions of people displaced and cities submerged all so we could drive around in cars for 100 years or so

Planes, industry, and naval ships count for a shitload more pollution that personal vehicles lol

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Does. :colbert:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

TACD posted:

sorry, what the gently caress?

I’ve spent a long time researching a suicide method that works for me and buying all the equipment with my own money, and you think the government should be handing out death like candy to anyone who can tie a bit of twine around a light fixture and act shocked when their half-assed hanging pulls the whole thing down?

how is that fair to hard-working suicide ideators like myself?

lol if your death plan isn’t to wait and watch most of the world burn and then peacefully go with a bottle of nitrogen while listening to Pink Floyd right before the cannibals descend on you.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

FacelessVoid posted:

cadmium and arsenic accumulates in bottom of GSA since there is no outflow and now that it's causing heavy metal dust storms lol

Truly god hates the Mormons the most.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Stereotype posted:

i assume they're gonna be doin great from all the new sea :)

And it will be a nice warm acid bath for them! Win win!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://twitter.com/marco_piani/status/1568193775364718598?s=46&t=7awRxsc41RWtmHzVknWZ9Q

:thunk:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

The average house in California consumes 48 gallons of water a day or 17,520 gallons of water per year.

One Almond takes 1.1 gallons of water or 1,900 gallons of water per pound.

Just 9lbs of Almonds consumes more water than an entire house does in a YEAR.

Edit:
1lbs of rice takes 600 gallons of water.
29.2lbs of rice consumes as much water as an entire household does in a year.

we are growing these crops in the desert lmao.

FlapYoJacks has issued a correction as of 12:20 on Sep 12, 2022

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
A typical 150-acre golf course consumes 200,000,000 gallons of water a year. But of course the residents are the ones that need to save water while the golf courses remain green.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Car Hater posted:

L'Mao, as they say

mamma mia! Cambiamento climatico!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Stereotype posted:

i probated arf one time and he stopped posting forever. pretty cringe of him to just give up like that

It was pretty cringe to probe Arf in the first place. :colbert:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
that article is full of speculation and should be taken with a metric ton of salt.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

TeenageArchipelago posted:

that's where it wouldn't make much sense, as like I said it would be an escalation into actually damaging something that they were already shutting off for "maintenance." The only thing that I can think of is some kind of gamble trying to pin it on the US and hoping that that would mobilize anti-US and anti-sanction sentiment to push EU governments to end the sanctions against Russia, but that is a whole lot of gambling at that point and idk if that level of uncertainty is something that Russia would go for. One also has to take into account what the US would get from this, though. Being discovered blowing up a pipeline in Danish territory right before winter when gas prices are through the roof is a horrendously stupid move, which doesn't actually make it any less likely for the US to do atm, but what does the US even gain that it doesn't already have? Slightly higher prices for gas sold in Europe? A higher market share for American gas sold in Europe? This isn't going to change the fundamental questions irt whether or not the EU depends on Russian gas to not freeze through the winter.

idk, at the end of the day, what anyone gains from blowing up a pipeline. Outside of environmentalists, ofc

The US doing something incredibly dumb and bad at the detriment to millions of people so number can go up is literally their M.O.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Oglethorpe posted:

i know what all those words and pictures mean

Europe is poised to have a polar vortex this winter lmao

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Europe: We have enough gas reserves for winter.
Earth: -50C winter lol

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

It would cost 28B to end hunger

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Shima Honnou posted:

maybe if we're lucky russia will launch the nukes now that we're just blowing up their poo poo. imagine how good the disaster tourism will be when the entire us gets blasted and everywhere looks like detroit

Detroit gets a bad wrap but there are a lot of really nice parts of Detroit as well. :smith:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Carbonara. Never mention carbonara around an Italian.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Armadillo Tank posted:

blizzard needs to die because i can't play original version starcraft anymore

Star craft remastered is extremely good and cool.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Armadillo Tank posted:

its 6 gigs of wasted space that does nothing to improve the game

it doesn't even fix pathing

It plays on modern windows and has 4k textures. Nothing else needs to be improved. :colbert:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Their website says they are working on fixing the track and service will resume once construction is complete.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Fly Molo posted:

please rain. please

Sorry, Pakistan got all the rain this year.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Next week: Scientists discover rabid bat feces absorbs 1KT of carbon per gram!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Asbestos really is a miracle fiber. it’s a shame about the whole cancer thing. :smith:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

[Biosphere Successes] Astroid umbrella showers.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
While it sounds scary, rest assured it is much MUCH scarier. Lmao

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

As stupid as this is, the painting itself is behind glass.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

lol they know bro

I'm pressing F to doubt.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I'm glad I can contribute the thread in some small but horrific way. :unsmith:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Mola Yam posted:

feelin bad about those crabs

If it makes you feel any better, crabs will repopulate much faster and be plentiful once all the humans go extinct.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

blue squares posted:

I’m pretty sad about the animals

I wish I had been born a boomer. seems like it would have been a nice world

You would have had lead brain

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

blue squares posted:

ignorance is bliss

Covid will give us all lead brain anyway

lead brain turns you into a psychopath, long covid makes you lethargic and want to smoke weed all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The best time to be alive was back in the height of the roman era as a Nobel. Orgies all day, an abundance of food, and if you made it past your 20s, you generally lived into your 60s which is the perfect age to top out.