Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

they’re auctioning off the immortan’s war rigs soon

don’t miss your chance to die historic on the fury road

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

from the future: biden administration just declared that scientific proof of imminent biosphere collapse “does not present sufficient evidence” to halt the government’s plan to vastly expand offshore drilling

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

skooma512 posted:

We're going to go from "It's too early and we're not sure" to "It's too late and we should just keep going and enjoy" with no middle that is "Now is the time to do something"
“this is our extermination day” *crowd cheers/rousing music plays*

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

So would a megatsunami help us lower emissions or ultimately increase them?
https://twitter.com/ThePlanetaryGuy/status/1439703412094947333

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

taking action against climate change would go against the wishes of this demon cracker nation's rulers

global warming is the weapon they've created to punish, kill, and dehumanize people they don't see as human

continents rendered uninhabitable with beaten desperate masses fleeing north into an automated meat grinder is the goal

not something to be prevented

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

breathing out a sigh of relief after harpooning the last sperm whale, "the great work is finally done"

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

the violence of environmental deprivation on the world’s poor has never bothered the liberal conscience

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

the spinach in this omelette was harvested by an undocumented teen making peanuts for backbreaking labor and the chicken farm that produced the eggs was shutdown due to an outbreak of avian -

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

it’s an especially shitbrained take as the purpose of degrowth is to minimize mass death as much as possible

maintaining the status quo is literally supporting global genocide of people and every other living thing on the planet

tho I think many white billionaires want exactly that

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

cheap (slave) labor is definitely a reason, but good ol’ fashion racism and sadism is a huge motivator too

unchecked emissions are a way to punish former “vassal” states for rejecting american/european rule or having the temerity to catch up with their oppressors

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

this thread getting nuked would prove that this site is just as spineless and placating as every other board or social media platform

i have no reason to be optimistic

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

i am a perpetual reaction machine :frogsiren:

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

even the land yachts have gotten way bigger and more excessive

1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Length: 186.4 in
Width: 74.8 in
Height: 66.4 in
Weight: 4500 lbs

2022 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Length: 215 in
Width: 84 in
Height: 76 in
Weight: 6420 lbs

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

even if those mostly responsible get to die peacefully, many of them will still have children, grandchildren, and so forth left in hellworld

they will pay for their forebears crimes instead and torturing the rich's progeny will be some consolation since justice isn't real to begin with

ur grandpappy oil bucks forced me to do this *screaming intensifies*

this is not a serious post

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

crazed eyes dart wildly over a dead blasted landscape

THERE ARE NO SINS IF THERE ARE NO MEN!

*blows up the megadome and every soul within*

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

this ironically will lead to the first true immortals, homo plastikos, the undying inheritors of a dead world

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

kater posted:

so I’m laying on a bed made of plastics covered in plastics wearing plastics holding plastics I unno my mouth prolly is full of plastics got plastic fans blowing plastic air through a plastic house man polymerization is an act of godhood and it’s so cheap it’s priced into a 30 cent squash.
i have some sneakers and clothing made from reclaimed ocean plastic

doing my part to hasten the union between man and plastic

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Mayor Dave posted:

The dutch paintings here are one of many shifting baselines covered in The Once And Future Earth, which is an immensely depressing read
im digging the seal pup in every painting who is obviously the fish market’s “pet”

you can still see that today at places that welcome flipper bois

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Mayor Dave posted:

https://twitter.com/Greg_Palast/status/1445888135204773893

that guy's free and the guy who sued chevron to hold them accountable for their crime here is the one who's been imprisoned
this is entirely in line with america's expressed principles of corruption, ruination, and death

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

speaking of magical solutions, thanos snapping every human, manmade object, and byproduct of our activities out of existence would do the trick

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

a real hero would've destroyed the holy materia and ensured that meteor did its job

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

so you’re telling me that nuking hurricanes won’t stop the storms

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

even if it’s pointless, air bursting a tsar bomba in the eye of a massive hurricane has artistic and inspirational merit

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

goku would let collapsa kill everything first so it could give him the best fight

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

yeah, throwing yourself in front of a train is just making a mess for other people

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

yeah, throwing yourself in front of a train is just making a mess for other people

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

an alcubierre drive train that vaporizes jumpers would do the trick

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

WINTER IS CUMMING
https://twitter.com/severeweatherEU/status/1447384225867603970

couldn't have picked a better time for random areas to see abnormal blizzards and freezing with fuel shortages happening all over due to a near breaking supply chain

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

lmao the blue and snow crab populations just crashed without warning

interesting that it’s almost concurrent with chud and king salmon disappearing

can’t wait to see what other fisheries go poof

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

this 200 year project, the 1500 gigaton guillotine, is more incredible than even my wildest expectations

it was only supposed to kill mankind, but it shall execute all life on the planet

it is our magnum opus

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

he’s just on the climeo diet and lookin really fit

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

it’s really cool to witness an openly bought judge act as the attack dog for her big oil masters

but yes vote and all that

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

welp, there’s a burning cargo ship carrying 57 tons of potassium amylxanthate being abandoned at puget sound’s entrance

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

10 battleships worth of plastic, not great but not terrible

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

TRUST VIOLENCE

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Good news, that is about to change! Soon, water will be the currency of the world.
Do not, my friends, become addicted to water. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

id imagine if you could go into stasis for millennia like that rotifer that the planet would still be a hot mess upon awakening

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Paradoxish posted:

we solved that problem by putting engines the size of small cars into them so now you can drive a semi truck and also accelerate to 60mph in 5 seconds
sub 4 seconds if it’s a sociopath’s gilded sport chariot

now they can end a family in the blink of an eye

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Car Hater posted:

I woke up thinking about this today, thanks Rime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5h0qHwNrHk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

at one of the local parks i frequent, there's a small pond at the top where you can see newts and other cool animals

it was completely dry when i visited a few days ago and im hoping those little dudes have suspended animation or something to wait for the rain