Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I can easily be bired for 6 hours at a tine over 3 consecutive days for free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I really want a gamecube copy of Killer 7 but they're crazy cash on eBay and all the listings are like "half of the cd and a photocopy of the booklet only"

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
My peak of random car boot sale searching was finding a boxed NES for £20 and some guy selling 3 copies of Rule of Rose for £5 each

Rule of Rose at the time was going for £100 on eBay.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I bought Earthbound complete(ish)-in-box for $120 at a con in 2007, which felt like a ridiculous impulse purchase at the time but these days seems positively foresighted

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003

BigFactory posted:

I have gyromite

hope thats the BIG gyromite box you got

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Fartlancer posted:

I think I still have the robot somewhere but none of the other stuff. I had a great Nes and snes collection but I think I have most of it away to my cousins at some point.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Fartlancer posted:

is this rob’s down b from smash bros

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Too much of my poo poo is packed up in my garage or in sleeves instead of boxes but I have this stuff out

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

I really want a gamecube copy of Killer 7 but they're crazy cash on eBay and all the listings are like "half of the cd and a photocopy of the booklet only"

i just lent my copy out today and i'll probably want to do a play when i get it back, but if you're still looking in a couple months we can talk.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

EmmyOk posted:

If you're serious, I'm not sentimental about this and would sell for market value

I have the disc itself somewhere in my house in one of those small gamecube-sized flip binders but it may or may not have my name written on it in silver sharpie because of course I would do that 20 years ago

But yeah if what you want is the box and booklet stuff to go along with a disk, if you don't want a disk with ink on it, here's an option

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I have more switch games than I thought

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
havent been buying a lot in recent years but heres some weird crap i picked up in the brief gap where i had employment that was stable and well paying at the same time

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
god drat

killawatt
May 26, 2021

Roth posted:

Been out of the game on collecting for a while now, but it's still fun to talk about. Been thinking of getting back into it again.

Post your collections, what categories you like to collect for the most, sick finds, good deals, how bullshit the secondhand market is now, and anything else that comes to mind.

I'm sure it's not as impressive as most people here, but I look forward to seeing everyone's sick collections.

I lucked out with Metroid Prime Trilogy and Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door because a dude was selling his game collection in preparation for a move and sold them for $5 each.

I had a bunch of Wii games that I gave away to my brother in law. Mostly, I just ended up using my Wii to play gamecube games, and later to watch netflix.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

I discovered on Friday that the retro room I had set up in my basement was totally ungrounded, via getting shocked a bunch when I was adding a bunch of RCA cables, so I moved all the stuff in there up into my exercise room. It's a little cramped now but I don't mind.

I know what you're thinking... Did he shoot six ducks or only five?

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

This also turned up in the move. I remember reading this when I was 12 and being super into it. I also had the one based on RE3, which I had to rip the cover off of in order to read it in school without it being confiscated

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

In Training posted:

i dont display anything since i dont have room its just in a big DVD sleeve binder. its fun to keep it alphabetized and work my way through all the stuff i havent played.

where do you sleep...

welcome posted:

I've got a spindle full of Ps3 games that I hide Disgaea on the bottom of.

burying disgaea under doa xtreme beach volleyball and senran kagura so nobody discovers my deviance

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I have more switch games than I thought

wow switch game spines are fail. yet another reason to go all digital.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i got component cables for my ps2 yesterday. if you havent done this youre missing out, my mind has actually been blown by how much better the picture is. burnout 3 is basically a whole new game with how much easier it is to pick out distant traffic lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

wish my tv had component inputs...

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
those 10 dollar ps2 component cables got nothing on gamecubes 400 dollar ones

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

i got component cables for my ps2 yesterday. if you havent done this youre missing out, my mind has actually been blown by how much better the picture is. burnout 3 is basically a whole new game with how much easier it is to pick out distant traffic lol

Shadow of the colossus looked way better with component cables

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

BigFactory posted:

Shadow of the colossus looked way better with component cables

i started that yesterday lol. i always thought of the ps2 as having that smeared look so it's insane to have such a clear picture coming out of it, its a genuine game changer for me. i got one of those widescreen crts for $50 (now have two crts, natch) that cant play lightgun games and its honestly kind of worth the trade off to play burnout 3 in 16.9 and a clear picture. i cant believe this console is over 20 years old

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Idk if there's a similar toggle for PS2 games but you should look into any games that have a progressive scan mode over component. I think with GameCube games it was holding B during boot.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

Idk if there's a similar toggle for PS2 games but you should look into any games that have a progressive scan mode over component. I think with GameCube games it was holding B during boot.

shadow of the colossus has it straight up in the menu, the whole drat game looks incredible

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

https://en.everybodywiki.com/List_of_PlayStation_2_games_with_alternative_display_modes

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

this just turned up for me today https://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/62472958/ and its godlike, my friends are going to be pissed when i suggest some mvc2 and connect my rap 4 and hand them a dreamcast controller

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

this just turned up for me today https://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/62472958/ and its godlike, my friends are going to be pissed when i suggest some mvc2 and connect my rap 4 and hand them a dreamcast controller

Does the rap4 require a wires controller to hook up to this? My mayflash does and it's annoying

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fixins posted:

Does the rap4 require a wires controller to hook up to this? My mayflash does and it's annoying

im using a wire to connect but you can connect straight to it wirelessly with basically any modern controller. it has button shortcuts to change between stick and controller so the triggers are right and also comes with 240 blocks of vmu memory. a must have imo

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

you even connect a usb keboard for typing of the dead :stare:

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Ya I have one and it rocks except in my case where.yiy need a wireless controller. I have one for my PlayStation 1 and PC engine

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

you even connect a usb keboard for typing of the dead :stare:

Woah this I did not know!!!! I'm going to try that.

Wonder if you can connect a mouse or a Logitech wireless receiver to play quake 3

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fixins posted:

Woah this I did not know!!!! I'm going to try that.

Wonder if you can connect a mouse or a Logitech wireless receiver to play quake 3

apparently you can with the latest firmware lol. im not going to buy a second one to do that though since i do own a computer

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I still have a decent amount of my gb, gba, and ngpc games so I’ve been thinking bout becoming a handheld gaming collector. I’ve been peeping gameboy mods for a few months and there’s a lot of cool ones but I don’t know if i have the patience or talent for that

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

apparently you can with the latest firmware lol. im not going to buy a second one to do that though since i do own a computer

ah sweet you must know some good games to use a controller with

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

FastestGunAlive posted:

I still have a decent amount of my gb, gba, and ngpc games so I’ve been thinking bout becoming a handheld gaming collector. I’ve been peeping gameboy mods for a few months and there’s a lot of cool ones but I don’t know if i have the patience or talent for that

you can buy a premodded gb/gba for only slight markup but i did a bunch of shopping with the same intent and came to the conclusion that buying a ds lite is cheaper and smarter because its backlit already and can play gb, gba and ds games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lookin good boys

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

twin shits. put that turd int he garbage

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

twin shits. put that turd int he garbage

never thought i'd end up here. but yhes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Why are 2 and 3 switched around.