Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

fadam posted:

The red flare seems very strong in Rograkh EDH decks at least, and maybe has applications in some 60-card combo decks. Black Flare seems kind of bad.
Innocent Blood* costs one mana. This one is blood with "upside" and is free. It's very good and playable. 4 mana might as well be four hundred for the decks playing it.

*Innocent blood would have been a good add to modern and would have done more to help small creature decks than the fury ban ever could

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

HootTheOwl posted:

The copies are not cast.
Now, if you had a way to copy the initial trigger, then you could go as far as you could afford since paying CC would copy the one not resolved yet

You don't need to cast the copies - you never let the first copy trigger resolve, so the second copy trigger (and every subsequent copy) can keep copying it.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

The copies are not cast.
Now, if you had a way to copy the initial trigger, then you could go as far as you could afford since paying CC would copy the one not resolved yet

I'm only triggering the ability twice, each time with a real spell. After that it's just endless copies of the first trigger creating new copies of the first trigger (and everything else)

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
The white emrakul deck is incredibly dumb and I think I'm in love.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Ancient Cornucopia putting up good numbers at the PT and with 4x in a PTQ winning deck, another L for this thread.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Thank goodness it's a mythic or it might have done worse

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Why does the second half of https://scryfall.com/card/neo/21/invoke-justice still resolve if the target for the first part is removed before resolution? I thought normally if a spells target was removed before it resolves the whole thing fizzles, and it says "then" which makes it seem like the second part only happens after the first is played out.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

distortion park posted:

Why does the second half of https://scryfall.com/card/neo/21/invoke-justice still resolve if the target for the first part is removed before resolution? I thought normally if a spells target was removed before it resolves the whole thing fizzles, and it says "then" which makes it seem like the second part only happens after the first is played out.

[edit]

Yes (target player)

MrL_JaKiri fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 29, 2024

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
The spell has two targets, so if you remove one (the creature card), it still resolves the part regarding the other half (target player).

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

distortion park posted:

The player is still a legal target, so that part still resolves.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

distortion park posted:

Ancient Cornucopia putting up good numbers at the PT and with 4x in a PTQ winning deck, another L for this thread.

Lmao

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

distortion park posted:

That's wild. Yoshi didn't run any Invasions in his Domain list and that worked out pretty good for him.

The Topiary and Invasion ramp package was always the most awkward and vulnerable part of the domain list. It's cool seeing better magic players (than myself) doing something about it.

For reference, Yoshi ran:

4 Topiary Stomper
2 Spelunking
1 Glimpse the Core
1 Cartographer's Survey

Here's his entire list.

kung fu jive fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 29, 2024

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

distortion park posted:

Only if all of a targets are removed does a spell fizzle. Also, the card tries to do as much as possible. If they wanted to make it so the second half only happened if the first half happened, they would stick an "if you do" somewhere in there.

"Then" is just a way to clarify that things happen in the order written on the card. In this case it's there so players understand that you can put counters on the returned card. It doesn't make any actual difference whether it's there or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Dr. Stab posted:

Only if all of a targets are removed does a spell fizzle. Also, the card tries to do as much as possible. If they wanted to make it so the second half only happened if the first half happened, they would stick an "if you do" somewhere in there.

"Then" is just a way to clarify that things happen in the order written on the card. In this case it's there so players understand that you can put counters on the returned card. It doesn't make any actual difference whether it's there or not.

Thank you this explanation made sense to me.