Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
I don't know how strong it would be but the Scorpion Dragon plays pretty well with that Pia Nalaar deck that has all the impulse draw and benefits when you play things from exile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Simply Simon posted:

1) where does the haste come from in this
2) how does opp not hold up interaction after you plotted the dragon

1) lmao I incorrectly gave it had haste instead of trample when I looked away to write the theoretical fantasy line.

2) well without haste I think they just laugh at you wasting turns in an aggro deck and being left empty handed, while they sit with plenty of health.

I think the four birds are better than the one stinger back.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

AngryBooch posted:

It's not Murktide imo but there's some good potential here:

A Scorpion Dragon without deathtouch or firebreathing? Booooo.

The Plot ability is cool though, will probably beat a bunch of people to death in limited.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's got tiny little hands, that venom would be Hella dangerous.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
It’s a cool card to play with that Rakdos devil from the Clue set that’s a 5/5 menace that dumps your hand into clues. But I don’t actually know if the eternal formats still have a place for like non-hasty 4 mana creatures that are simply big.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I can't imagine it ever having a place in modern+ when you could just be playing Murktide.

It's a really strong limited card that might be played a bit in standard but I don't even know how many standard decks aren't just midrangey value decks now.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm selling some items that I would rather not sell but with mom just having heart surgery I decided I probably should focus on that right now. So I'm selling the signed prints and playmats I bought from the Foglios. click the quote source to go to the SA-mart thread:

Captain Invictus posted:

I bought the Foglio Portfoglio 2 when it was available, and while I do plan on keeping some of them, right now I think I'll put the majority of them up for sale since mom just had heart surgery.

imgur galleries(magic card for scale):
https://imgur.com/a/QTiMYc2#bIi9cBA
https://imgur.com/a/l8G55wb#jSaeior

all prints are signed and come with a certificate of authenticity, and all playmats are signed.

available items in both print and playmat form:

Anarchy
Killer Bees
Bird Maiden
Chaos Warp
Infernal Darkness
Orcish Librarian
Rainbow Vale
Recycle

items I currently plan on keeping but might wind up selling later:
Bottle Gnomes
Sylvan Tutor
Teferi's Puzzle Box
Combined Blasts(Pyroblast and Hydroblast artworks merged), print has some sort of residue or something along the right side for some reason, it came like that.

I am not entirely sure what sort of price I should ask for each of them. looking on ebay, a Bottle Gnomes signed playmat sold for $540, which seems insane to me, but then again I'm not super familiar with limited edition autographed stuff and so any help with figuring out value would be appreciated.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

"Kambal, Greedy Mayor" - 1WB

Legendary Creature - Human Advisor (Rare)

Whenever one or more tokens enter the battlefield under an opponent's control, you may create a tapped copy of each of them. This ability triggers only once per turn.

Whenever one or more tokens enter the battlefield under your control, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.

more fay dalton drama

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I'm sad there's no "Brave Star" themed cards called like "Strength of a Bear"

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Edit: oh I completely misread this card and thought it could copy creatures to make tokens, not just tokens rip

atmz
Jan 5, 2005

lurk lurk lurk

resistentialism posted:

I've now invented a guy in my head who is annoyed that there's a vaguely french version of Paul Bunyan. But I think such a guy might exist.

Actually people on the anti-woke mtg subreddit (I wish I didn’t know this existed) are mad about this card

https://www.reddit.com/r/freemagic/s/HXAieLhTiv
(Click at your own risk, it’s pretty pathetic but also terrible)

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
The punisher has the potential to be a really nasty combo card.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

That RW sniper is a super cool design. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed reading all the cards for this set so far lol

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
You could stack and Ghyrson Starn with a pinger to really pump out the damage, right?

Ping something for one, stack the Ghyrson Starn trigger first, then her trigger for the ping and another trigger for Starn's two damage?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Kaervek is fuckin siiiiiiiick

Edit: goddamn I'm glad this is the rotation set because he'd make mono black the best deck by far just by existing alongside graveyard trespasser

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Silhouette posted:

It feels like a mistake card at first glance. I look at this card and think "is this just yawgmoth's will but crimes?".

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The black restriction makes it a bit less broken than yawg will but it's still insane

Without the restriction it'd become a piece in standard sultai roots that'd let you pop off to make ten billion mana and plants essentially

If wotc does the dumb thing and puts dark/cabal ritual and tendrils into MH3, then lmao

Edit: uhh does he also get around timing restrictions?

Silhouette fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 29, 2024

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
It will be a fun card in Timeless, you can almost make the Breach deck into mono-black. Dump a bunch of cards in the graveyard, get up to like 5 mana, cast Kaervek with some rituals and copies of Tendrils in the yard and the game is over.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Silhouette posted:

Edit: goddamn I'm glad this is the rotation set because he'd make mono black the best deck by far just by existing alongside graveyard trespasser

It's not the rotation set, it's the last set before rotation. Get ready for a wild Summer of Standard

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Will be fascinating when rotation does happen. Black will lose Sheoldred, enchantments loses most of their enablers, domain loses the tri-lands and most of the good search cards, etc.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I got high hopes that sheoldred will come down at least a little in price

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

ilmucche posted:

I got high hopes that sheoldred will come down at least a little in price

Price memory and it being played in every other format its legal in ..... You will probably save 5-10 bucks in a year.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Really hyped to build a Kaervek deck. He lets you cast the card you discard from Bitter Triumph immediately right? Can't believe it isn't limited to instants and sorceries or something. It seems like you'd be able chain the crimes too?

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
Doesn't rotation only take out the two inistrad sets, kamigawa, and capena? Sheoldred wouldn't rotate until 2025 I think.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Fenn the Fool! posted:

Doesn't rotation only take out the two inistrad sets, kamigawa, and capena? Sheoldred wouldn't rotate until 2025 I think.

that's correct

edit: lol beat y'all

flatluigi fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 29, 2024

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Fenn the Fool! posted:

Yep, this is correct. Sheoldred's in Standard until late 2025

https://whatsinstandard.com/

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Fenn the Fool! posted:

That's right

https://whatsinstandard.com/

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Gotta be real, the proliferation of cards that just play off your opponent's deck is a little much. It's logistically annoying!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
beating your opponent with their own cards is one of the most fun things you can do in magic

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
if i were a legendary lizard rogue and i were beating my opponent with their own cards i would also be Laughing

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Cascading into inevitable betrayal is a cruel, cruel play

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Kaervek is really gonna suck when they reprint Thoughtseize into standard in return to Lorwyn.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

fadam posted:

That RW sniper is a super cool design. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed reading all the cards for this set so far lol

For real. Feels like they're letting loose.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

flatluigi posted:

beating your opponent with their own cards is one of the most fun things you can do in magic

My Marchesa Akidio EDH deck agrees

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

The Snorse? Horke? Serprse? Pyorse? has its own card.

3B

Sorcery

Sacrifice any number of permanents you control. Draw that many cards

Plot 1BB

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Fenn the Fool! posted:

Sheoldred wouldn't rotate until 2025 I think.

Ha hah, gently caress me.

Stealing cards is fun, and I'm happy they've printed enough of them at this point that you can fairly easily make it a cube theme for blue/black Dimir.

Dang, so this makes two copies of any other creature you control + has them attack? At 6 isn't breaking, but that's a fun effect and pretty wild immediate impact.

Also digging Eriette's cards, two in a row between this and WOE of a really fun build-around concept.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Mar 29, 2024

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I want to build an eriette deck right now

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Kaervek is really gonna suck when they reprint Thoughtseize into standard in return to Lorwyn.

Liliana of the Veil, Duress, Dreams of Steel and Oil and Pilfer are all in standard, we just need Waste Not and the deck basically builds itself

flatluigi posted:

I want to build an eriette deck right now

I look forward to playing/dread playing against her in brawl

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
There’s our first 2/2 for 1U with no drawback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Oh we're getting some really interesting Mounts now.

I love the snake horse