Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Strong Sauce posted:

just noticed that nulldrifter's draw trigger is "when you cast" like other eldrazi.. neat combo of an eldrazi mulldrifter

Yeah it's a cool way to stop Ephemerate shenanigans from being incredibly backbreaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Echoes of eternity art looks awesome

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Kappa Cannoneer in Modern good lord lol

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

fadam posted:

Place your bets: Is the Red Flare going to be Amazing (Deflecting Swat, Fury), or is it going to be rear end (Force of Rage, Pact of the Titan)?

Would the Flare text on a Lightning Strike be good?

They could just re-do fireblast but you sac two creatures instead of mountains, everyone loves a callback, right?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

fadam posted:

Yeah it's a cool way to stop Ephemerate shenanigans from being incredibly backbreaking.

Kinda sad because uw blink was my pet deck in standard for most of the time mulldrifter was legal in it, one of my favorite cards ever printed. This new one just ain't the same.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

fadam posted:

!

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

fadam posted:

Holy poo poo is that actually for real

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

AngryBooch posted:

Holy poo poo is that actually for real

Technically not 100% confirmed, but I believe.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

thats so, incredibly sick. im an 8 cast gamer when possible

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the pinkertons will soon let us know whether these leaks are real

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Strong Sauce posted:

just noticed that nulldrifter's draw trigger is "when you cast" like other eldrazi.. neat combo of an eldrazi mulldrifter

ahh, so that works with the "triggered ability of a colorless spell" on the other leaked dude. nice

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

fadam posted:

Kroxa mad!

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Kappa Canonneer in modern is gonna do some things, that card is so insanely good

Necrodominance is very cool way to do that kind of design

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

there's a chance kappa cannoneer may not be in modern. it's most likely in modern horizons 3 according to the pics but it could be part of the commander decks, which are not modern legal. no confusion there at all. good job wotc.

edit:

here's a new card from modern horizons 3 that won't be modern legal

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

it's kind of annoying and weird that every card in that post is better than on-rate for their respective mana costs. reminds me of how every rare creature in otj is on-rate or better

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
There's a 2BRG 5/6 that reanimates Lhurgoyfs when they hit the yard from anywhere but the battlefield, and creates a Tarmogoyf token when your creatures deal combat damage to a player. I love him.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I want fake necropotence to be good but I doubt it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Sickening posted:

I believe (that I will brew this on MTGO and get owned)

kalel posted:

it's kind of annoying and weird that every card in that post is better than on-rate for their respective mana costs. reminds me of how every rare creature in otj is on-rate or better

You're right, but it's also worth pointing out that other than the Eldrazi, at first glance none of those cards seem remotely playable. Balancing this game is hard.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.

fadam posted:

How does this interact with reliquary tower?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Ulta posted:

I think because it's the same kind of effect, time stamp order?

EDIT: Yep, from Gatherer:
https://gatherer.wizards.com/pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=500968

If multiple effects modify your hand size, apply them in timestamp order. For example, if you put Null Profusion (an enchantment that says your maximum hand size is two) onto the battlefield and then put Reliquary Tower onto the battlefield, you'll have no maximum hand size. However, if those permanents enter the battlefield in the opposite order, your maximum hand size would be two.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Ulta posted:

Time stamping I think. Which ever got played last.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
If a magus of the moon and the new island one come into play at the same time, say because you yorion them both, are non basics islands or mountains or do you just pick?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

613.6j If two or more objects would receive a timestamp simultaneously, such as by entering a zone simultaneously or becoming attached simultaneously, the active player determines their relative timestamp order at that time.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I want Pearl-Ear, both because she would slot well into my Xenk commander deck, and because the original Kamigawa cycle novels ruled and I want more of the characters from them who didn't get cards in the original Kamigawa block to get cards.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Sickening posted:

am i stupid or is this literally necropotence, just 2 less cards in your maximum handsize?

because if thats the case this seems like the latest in a long line of attempts to reprint a necropotence that isnt busted, and i have suspicions it will end the same way

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

A big flaming stink posted:

am i stupid or is this literally necropotence, just 2 less cards in your maximum handsize?

because if thats the case this seems like the latest in a long line of attempts to reprint a necropotence that isnt busted, and i have suspicions it will end the same way

Call me crazy, but without good rocks and rituals even straight up Necropotence might not be good enough in some formats. It’s only been okay in Timeless.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Your opponent can remove it before your end step and you get no cards. That's a huge difference.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Jabor posted:

Your opponent can remove it before your end step and you get no cards. That's a huge difference.

yeah good point

someone also pointed out it draws cards so bowmaster hits it, but it also means if you have sheoldred you can draw as much as you want and profit on life

i still think this card is gonna be insanely busted

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Not having a graveyard is a big deal in the the color pie. Its a huge deal. You don't want to be casting enchantment or artifacts that don't get you immediate benefit in the modern format. If it doesn't survive the turn its a blowout.

fadam posted:

Call me crazy, but without good rocks and rituals even straight up Necropotence might not be good enough in some formats. It’s only been okay in Timeless.

:hmmyes: People are living in the past.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Sickening posted:

Not having a graveyard is a big deal in the the color pie. Its a huge deal. You don't want to be casting enchantment or artifacts that don't get you immediate benefit in the modern format. If it doesn't survive the turn its a blowout.

you're not wrong about the graveyard thing but how is it a blowout if it gets removed before the end step? it's just a one for one

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
mh3 should add a bunch of good rocks so I can shove them into my brawl decks on arena. it's like arcane signet and mind stone and then a bunch of 3 mana ones or ones that come in tapped. sad

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I always feel bad when I do an EDHREC browse for a card and a bunch of the recommendations are talismans or signets that aren't on Arena lol

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

you're not wrong about the graveyard thing but how is it a blowout if it gets removed before the end step? it's just a one for one

If the payment of life triggers the card drawing and doesn't require it to still exist, then you are right.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Sickening posted:

If the payment of life triggers the card drawing and doesn't require it to still exist, then you are right.

You decide how much life you're going to pay when the trigger resolves, and you draw those cards immediately. It doesn't matter whether it's still on the field after the trigger goes on the stack.

There's not even an opportunity for you to say "okay I'll draw 7" and your opponent flashes in Bowmasters in response - they need to play it before you decide how many cards you're drawing.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

definitely never get secret lairs for the bonus card potential. got the same one in two of them. the other sl i got was an extra sketch arcane signet which still looks rad as heck.

kinda funny when my brother opened up two almost identical packs in his thunder junction bundle. a manager and i split a baldurs gate collector box awhile back and we got some similar packs.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I survived my hill.

https://magic.gg/news/pro-tour-thunder-junction-standard-metagame-breakdown

Ancient Cornucopia: 8

Edit: i think that list is missing some cards. Temur Calamity should be playing Calamity no?

Tom Clancy is Dead fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 26, 2024

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Necropotence doesn’t draw, so this does have that difference.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It'd be nice to be able to keep a risky hand and get rewarded like every single Domain player does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Was safekeeper in one of the leaks?

If creature sacrifice is in mh3 then maybe it's veteran explorer's time to shine