Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Miku is currently touring, from what I’ve seen on social media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Apparently this is also the first of 4 Miku drops, there's going to be one in each Seasonal drop this year.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is she still actually a thing? Last I heard of her was a story about how the guy that married a hologram of her can no longer Talk to her because the software was sunset.

hatsune miku is one of a suite of software programs called vocaloids, which anyone can purchase and make music with using synthesized vocals. the company's been going pretty strong after two decades making it, and the characters are still extremely popular with people actually going to touring concerts to see the music made with the program "performed"

the thing you're thinking of is apparently a third party startup (now defunct) that sold holograms of fictional characters to people for them to "interact" with and it appeared to be on the level of someone loading up tracer from overwatch in chatgpt and proposing to them, in terms of being an official thing by the people who made the character

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is she still actually a thing? Last I heard of her was a story about how the guy that married a hologram of her can no longer Talk to her because the software was sunset.

video footage of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORpb2MsQtuM

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I guess all the anime tiddy playmat guys at local game stores around the world will be thrilled

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Why would they? That's not really a demographic that's currently really into Miku, they wouldn't really like the art used anyway if they were.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Miku fans are mostly women.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Most sure, but I'm thinking along the lines of that one dude who married an avatar.

And the weird dude with the questionable playmats at my lgs

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
things can be japanese and also not exist to be masturbated to

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
OG Feather still the best, should have made Miku into a figther jet

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

ilmucche posted:

Most sure, but I'm thinking along the lines of that one dude who married an avatar.

I'm not sure the two of those are similar beyond 'likes fictional female' and they aren't even the same kind of 'like'

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

flatluigi posted:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Weak Mikus, 2/6

ilmucche posted:

By all means, please tell us more about who you think is jerking off at your lgs

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

flatluigi posted:

*glaring at you while aggressively jerking it to this ebi nigiri*

That seems like quite the underwhelming pile of cards for the SL. I’ll be curious to see if there’s still such a HM following that it sells out fast.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Vidmaster posted:

That seems like quite the underwhelming pile of cards for the SL. I’ll be curious to see if there’s still such a HM following that it sells out fast.

Seems like the pattern of secret lair for a while now. They seem to be taking the whole "reprint equity" stuff extremely seriously.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So are we getting a Goyf tribal precon?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

MonsieurChoc posted:

So are we getting a Goyf tribal precon?

Disa looks like the commander set symbol so it seems likely? Could be fun

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Goa Tse-tung posted:

OG Feather still the best, should have made Miku into a figther jet

Lord help us if they ever make a KanColle or Strike Witches set.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Cool approach to the leaks imo:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/announcements/the-modern-horizons-3-leaks-nulldrifters-and-you

Winter Moon is neat. Didn’t expect so much non-basic hate.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

fadam posted:

Cool approach to the leaks imo:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/announcements/the-modern-horizons-3-leaks-nulldrifters-and-you

Winter Moon is neat. Didn’t expect so much non-basic hate.

comes up with a service unavailable error for me lol

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

ilmucche posted:

comes up with a service unavailable error for me lol

Yeah it's hosed. Per Twitter they're working on it.

In the meantime,

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
The images didn't load and upon refresh, I'm no longer authorized to view the page. Lmaoo

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Did they even fix the difficulty with interacting with the new recurring nightmare? Isn't returning it to your hand still part of the cost, so it can't be destroyed?

Also lol the site is down for me now too after it initially worked.

edit: Nope, the energy etb solves this issue.

th3t00t fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 30, 2024

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vidmaster posted:

the cosplayer?

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

That article really smacks of them blatantly trying to save face with their Pinkerton's bullshit still being fresh in everyone's minds. Pretty loving audacious to try and put forth this "hey we're all cool here and are just stoked the cards are getting shown" routine.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

:aaaaa:

Hell yeah

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
But we're not monsters. Well, Bob from Accounting might be, but generally we're fans just like you. (Ask your local longtime player if you're not familiar with Bob from Accounting.) So, we're going to leave you with some cool cards from both Modern Horizons 3 and Modern Horizons 3 Commander decks.

Ugh

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

kappa cannoneer is indeed in mh3 :monocle:

also sylvan safekeeper:

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Null elemental blast seems pretty powerful

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Energy was boring the first time around and not happy to see it stapled to some cards.

Kappa Cannoneer lmao. Strictly better silence okay.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

well, modern is getting a lot more expensive and powerful. These packs are like, double the price of normal sets right? If so are these sets at least twice as much fun as standard sets to draft? I might draft just to luck out and raredraft the next $80 commander card.

Also lol you can lock someone out with Orim's Chant and Isochron Scepter in modern now

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
1 mana goyf lol

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

A Moose posted:

well, modern is getting a lot more expensive and powerful. These packs are like, double the price of normal sets right? If so are these sets at least twice as much fun as standard sets to draft? I might draft just to luck out and raredraft the next $80 commander card.

Also lol you can lock someone out with Orim's Chant and Isochron Scepter in modern now

Horizons sets are insanely fun in limited.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

that Bear humility....

i guess they keep their abilities. also good synergy with Ayula...

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

the Orb of Zot posted:

1 mana goyf lol

It's 1 mana half tarmogoyf

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Sickening posted:

Kappa Cannoneer lmao.

it's honestly absurd

edit

bwuhhh???

kalel fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 30, 2024

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

dp

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
SobGavin's video about it last week was a preemptive I'm sorry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

kalel posted:

it's honestly absurd

edit

bwuhhh???

12-post is dead, we're on 16-post now.