Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

kalel posted:

bwuhhh???

Yeah it's not bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

kalel posted:

it's honestly absurd

edit

bwuhhh???

It's a commander card so don't get excited about Tron since I've seen some people hope that will work.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Cool card and pun.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

neaden posted:

It's a commander card so don't get excited about Tron since I've seen some people hope that will work.

Well the extra mana from Tron lands are intrinsic to the card not the type right? At best this would just serve to cover what land you're missing in the set so you can get the extra mana from the other two.

It is an autoinclude for anyone running Nine Finger Gate decks.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Can it cover for both the missing lands? Let's say, Urza's Tower and this one makes the Tower give three mana?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

YggdrasilTM posted:

Can it cover for both the missing lands? Let's say, Urza's Tower and this one makes the Tower give three mana?

Yes, urza's, mine, tower and power-plant are all different land types so this counts for all of them.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Cannoneer synthesizer seems like fun.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

kalel posted:

it's honestly absurd

edit

bwuhhh???

Haha my old friend Nearby Planet, which I now appreciate much more despite the acorn. Rangleing is just better and one time tax over potential recurring seems better to me.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Cactrot posted:

Yes, urza's, mine, tower and power-plant are all different land types so this counts for all of them.

Oh, I thought it worked like Party where each permanent can only count once.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Oh, I thought it worked like Party where each permanent can only count once.

It's like Banishing Slash.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

4x Ancient Tomb
4x City of Traitors
4x Planar Nexus
4x Urza's Tower
4x Urza's Mine
4x Urza's Power Plant
4x Karn TGC
???
profit

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

A Moose posted:

Also lol you can lock someone out with Orim's Chant and Isochron Scepter in modern now

The only difference between Chant and Silence is you can still attack with Silence.

But neither is truly a lock because people can always respond to or counter the scepter copy.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

AlternateNu posted:

The only difference between Chant and Silence is you can still attack with Silence.

But neither is truly a lock because people can always respond to or counter the scepter copy.

That feels like a pretty significant difference

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Silhouette posted:

The bonus card had better be a Domino's Pizza food token

Came here to shake my head that they didn't put Miku on a pizza box

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

A Moose posted:

That feels like a pretty significant difference

I really don't see how any deck with the Plan A of Isochron/Chant lockout wins with any regularity in current Modern.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

A Moose posted:

Also lol you can lock someone out with Orim's Chant and Isochron Scepter in modern now

that's a cool classic combo, a real throwback. anyway I activate boseiju

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
If Boseiju and leyline binding can shut down your gameplan, you are in for a bad time in modern.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
These cards look really cool and none of them appear, to my extremely amateurish eye, to be so powerful as to be format warping. But just really cool.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Kappa Cannoneer and Laelia are the most format warping cards I've seen but my brain is Cube pilled.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Lol Ugin's Labyrinth works with sea gate restroation , emeria's call, cauldra complete, and all the bad brothers war artifact creatures with prototype.

I am having my doubts its any good considering the deck building requirements and how easy it is to blow up a land right now, but its interesting.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

So much colourless and eldrazi love. Smells like a cloudpost unban in modern

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The site has been updated with pictures, and confirms the Black Farewell is from the commander set not the main set.

Does it work? The modal myth cycle aren't colorless on the front and I don't think exiling from hand gives you the option if which side to play.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 30, 2024

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Sickening posted:

Lol Ugin's Labyrinth works with sea gate restroation , emeria's call

This is dumb if true.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sickening posted:

Lol Ugin's Labyrinth works with sea gate restroation , emeria's call, cauldra complete, and all the bad brothers war artifact creatures with prototype.

I am having my doubts its any good considering the deck building requirements and how easy it is to blow up a land right now, but its interesting.

Kaldra is the only one of those that's colorless.

Edit: Actually I guess some of the prototype stuff is too. Their primary cost is colorless.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Dr. Stab posted:

This is dumb if true.

I only say that because it shows up in scryfall for 7 cmc and colorless. :iiam:

Aphrodite posted:

Kaldra is the only one of those that's colorless.

Edit: Actually I guess some of the prototype stuff is too. Their primary cost is colorless.

color=C (game:paper) cmc>=7 legal:modern

I thought like an artifact or land is colorless unless the card says "this card is x color". It doesn't come up very often outside of commander so I dunno.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 30, 2024

CountDuckoo
Jul 27, 2022

Sickening posted:

That is probably because one side is colorless (the land) but not 7 cmc, and the other side is 7 cmc (the spell) bit not colorless. I don't think it would work.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Sickening posted:

your search was flawed - the land side is colorless and the front side is 7+ cmc, but it's not simultaneously true (and it only looks at the front, spell side in exile anyway)

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Sickening posted:

Pretty sure this is wrong

712.8a: While a double-faced card is outside the game or in a zone other than the battlefield or stack, it has only the characteristics of its front face.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Sickening posted:

They're not colourless when they're in your hand, only if you actually play them on the land side. So no, they don't work.

The prototypes do though.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

ilmucche posted:

So much colourless and eldrazi love. Smells like a cloudpost unban in modern

Cloudpost in modern would be pretty funny, I guess it would just directly replace tron lands pretty much.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

scryfall doesn't discern front side vs back side. sea gate restoration is the front and will match "cmc=7" searches but it also is colorless on the backside. matching "c:c"

you can also look in the JSON structure and see the front side is blue, back side has no colors

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Sickening posted:

I thought like an artifact or land is colorless unless the card says "this card is x color". It doesn't come up very often outside of commander so I dunno.

Lands are colorless (except dryad arbor). The problem is that Sea gate restoration is a colored card with cmc >=7. That's the properties it looks at when in your hand. It's only a colorless land with cmc <7 when you play the back side. It's never both simultaneously.

Also, incidentally, a card's color is usually determined by the colors in its casting cost. Artifacts are not inherently colorless by virtue of being artifacts. Though, the BRO cards you're talking about do work for Ugin's Labyrinth. Because they have no colors in their base casting cost.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Sickening posted:

Lol Ugin's Labyrinth works with sea gate restroation , emeria's call, cauldra complete,

you're wrong

...because there are no cards called sea gate "restroation" or "cauldra" "complete" :eng101:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Cloudpost in modern would be pretty funny, I guess it would just directly replace tron lands pretty much.

I mean, that's the exact reverse of what happened when it was banned so yeah.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I mean, that's the exact reverse of what happened when it was banned so yeah.

oh I didn't realize post was actually unbanned at one point. I assumed it was one of those things that just kind of started banned

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

My hot take is that cloudpost would probably be worse than tron in current modern and tron isn't even particularly great anymore, so it would be a safe unban.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
wow gently caress kappa

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Affinity is probably gonna claw its way back to T1, unless some other ridiculous artifact hate cards get spoiled. Meltdown is a good start, but uhh cannoneer kinda dodges that one because nobody's getting to 7 mana in red in modern except maybe tron off of a filter

The literal hatebear owns

Also the medallions are gonna make storm possibly viable again

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Fajita Queen posted:

My hot take is that cloudpost would probably be worse than tron in current modern and tron isn't even particularly great anymore, so it would be a safe unban.
It's all moot since the Nexus makes Tron the better one by default

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

HootTheOwl posted:

It's all moot since the Nexus makes Tron the better one by default

Nexus is a commander card, but I agree if it were a Modern card tron still would be better.