Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

fadam posted:

The red flare seems very strong in Rograkh EDH decks at least, and maybe has applications in some 60-card combo decks. Black Flare seems kind of bad.
Innocent Blood* costs one mana. This one is blood with "upside" and is free. It's very good and playable. 4 mana might as well be four hundred for the decks playing it.

*Innocent blood would have been a good add to modern and would have done more to help small creature decks than the fury ban ever could

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

HootTheOwl posted:

The copies are not cast.
Now, if you had a way to copy the initial trigger, then you could go as far as you could afford since paying CC would copy the one not resolved yet

You don't need to cast the copies - you never let the first copy trigger resolve, so the second copy trigger (and every subsequent copy) can keep copying it.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

The copies are not cast.
Now, if you had a way to copy the initial trigger, then you could go as far as you could afford since paying CC would copy the one not resolved yet

I'm only triggering the ability twice, each time with a real spell. After that it's just endless copies of the first trigger creating new copies of the first trigger (and everything else)

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
The white emrakul deck is incredibly dumb and I think I'm in love.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Ancient Cornucopia putting up good numbers at the PT and with 4x in a PTQ winning deck, another L for this thread.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Thank goodness it's a mythic or it might have done worse

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Why does the second half of https://scryfall.com/card/neo/21/invoke-justice still resolve if the target for the first part is removed before resolution? I thought normally if a spells target was removed before it resolves the whole thing fizzles, and it says "then" which makes it seem like the second part only happens after the first is played out.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

distortion park posted:

Why does the second half of https://scryfall.com/card/neo/21/invoke-justice still resolve if the target for the first part is removed before resolution? I thought normally if a spells target was removed before it resolves the whole thing fizzles, and it says "then" which makes it seem like the second part only happens after the first is played out.

[edit]

Yes (target player)

MrL_JaKiri fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 29, 2024

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
The spell has two targets, so if you remove one (the creature card), it still resolves the part regarding the other half (target player).

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

distortion park posted:

The player is still a legal target, so that part still resolves.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

distortion park posted:

Ancient Cornucopia putting up good numbers at the PT and with 4x in a PTQ winning deck, another L for this thread.

Lmao

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

distortion park posted:

That's wild. Yoshi didn't run any Invasions in his Domain list and that worked out pretty good for him.

The Topiary and Invasion ramp package was always the most awkward and vulnerable part of the domain list. It's cool seeing better magic players (than myself) doing something about it.

For reference, Yoshi ran:

4 Topiary Stomper
2 Spelunking
1 Glimpse the Core
1 Cartographer's Survey

Here's his entire list.

EDIT: My friend asked Chris Botelho, who spared a few moments to speculate. He assumes its a hedge against Esper, since so many threats Esper has are fliers and you have to shift the mana base to make long goodbye reliable. Otherwise, he says the 4/4 flip is really powerful.

kung fu jive fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Apr 29, 2024

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

distortion park posted:

Only if all of a targets are removed does a spell fizzle. Also, the card tries to do as much as possible. If they wanted to make it so the second half only happened if the first half happened, they would stick an "if you do" somewhere in there.

"Then" is just a way to clarify that things happen in the order written on the card. In this case it's there so players understand that you can put counters on the returned card. It doesn't make any actual difference whether it's there or not.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Dr. Stab posted:

Only if all of a targets are removed does a spell fizzle. Also, the card tries to do as much as possible. If they wanted to make it so the second half only happened if the first half happened, they would stick an "if you do" somewhere in there.

"Then" is just a way to clarify that things happen in the order written on the card. In this case it's there so players understand that you can put counters on the returned card. It doesn't make any actual difference whether it's there or not.

Thank you this explanation made sense to me.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

one of the main leakers probably got a C&D and said as much on his twitter. apparently he also revealed the area where he lived so uhh maybe made it easier to be found.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Strong Sauce posted:

one of the main leakers probably got a C&D and said as much on his twitter. apparently he also revealed the area where he lived so uhh maybe made it easier to be found.

WOTC are the slimiest. They have the ability to prevent these types of leaks but choose riskier processes because it benefits them more.

C&D these nuts wotc. :commissar:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

self mill goyf tribal

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Are there any other kinds of counters players get besides poison or energy?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Experience counters, like on the other card there

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

snyprmag posted:

Are there any other kinds of counters players get besides poison or energy?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Experience counters, like on the other card there

Also rad counters from the Fallout Commander decks.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Eldrazi are going to be intolerable to play against in Commander. It's already nasty and it's going to get even worse.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Devoid should count to color identity

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

drat newlamog is another nasty toy for animar edh

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

so i guess i haven't followed the modern meta in a while but what happened to hammer? it use to easily be top 3, top 8 on its worse metas but now mtggoldfish lists it at <0.3% past 7 days, 0.5% past 14, 0.9% past 30. what of the top decks is it so bad against that people are no longer playing it? crashing footfalls had a big fall too but at least that is explainable. it's true that yawg seems to still be top tier but hammer still was placed well even as yawg was getting popular.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Secret Lair Hatsune Miku.

This is not a joke

https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/a...id=whlz7l5seigs

MrL_JaKiri fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 30, 2024

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.
New Secret Lair alert. Did you ever want to have to explain what a vocoliod and Magic is in the same conversation? Want to have anime girls on cards that aren’t proxies? This one is for you

https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/a...id=kdnojvoghmpq

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Miku's Spark is a strict nerf from Chandra's Ignition in an Ignacio of Myra's Marvels commander deck.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

paymoneywubby is probably a poo poo-posting equivalent of a twitch streamer, but everyone monday he does magic openings where he buys expensive magic products and opens them. he has gotten ripped off a lot but he pulled this from an unlimited pack (i think it was a deck but not sure)

https://clips.twitch.tv/RacyConsiderateDolphinPanicBasket-j1jvh3rIkyoCoj8p

might need to turn down the volume a bit though.

spoiler for what he pulled unlimited mox diamond

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Ulta posted:

New Secret Lair alert. Did you ever want to have to explain what a vocoliod and Magic is in the same conversation? Want to have anime girls on cards that aren’t proxies? This one is for you

https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/a...id=kdnojvoghmpq

gonna play all of these and have leekspin playing on repeat

The bonus card had better be a Domino's Pizza food token

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

kinda creepy

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Miku’s Spark is the remix to (Chandra’s) Ignition, fresh and hot from the kitchen

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

It's really impressive that 2 of those arts are really good (Feather/Vantage) 2 of those arts are bad (Lost but Singing/Shelter) and the remaining 2 are alright I guess (Harmonize/Spark). By which I mean I don't know why the art quality on this one is all over the place.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Silhouette posted:

gonna play all of these and have leekspin playing on repeat

The bonus card had better be a Domino's Pizza food token

For anyone that doesn't know what Hatsune Miku is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPuI4l0jK7s

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

the artist who did azusa normally draws much more realistic stuff so i wonder if they got told they had to anime it up a bit

shelter just makes me think of alita battle angel so unfortunately i like it

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
none of them are bad imo. the azusa one is a bit uncanny but she is a singing robot after all

i want that feather alt art on arena. i've been fond of that card ever since i hit mythic for the first time off a feather deck and i think that version looks really striking

also lol @ making a card for Shelter. congratulations, porter robinson

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

To be fair, she's shown up in Magic once before, as the designer of Aggressive Mining.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sit on my Jace posted:

To be fair, she's shown up in Magic once before, as the designer of Aggressive Mining.

lmao

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I'm glad that the creator of Minecraft is finally being represented in the Lord of the Rings Transformers Dr. Who card game, she deserves it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is she still actually a thing? Last I heard of her was a story about how the guy that married a hologram of her can no longer Talk to her because the software was sunset.