Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

hey folks! it's been—*checks post history* :negative:

a while. it's been a while since I last posted in a SA Magic thread. let's leave it at that.

I recently got back into the game, which seems like a good excuse to stream, so I can actually interact with other people because I've been feeling a bit cooped up recently.

I'll be streaming some standard brewing / MID drafts if you're interested in that stuff, or even if you simply want to yell at a stranger for not being a particularly powerful wizard. Maybe reminisce about how much you miss type 1.5, or how once you earned a "pro point" at a "GP," or how Shandalar remains the best piece of M:tG software ever created.

For reference, I'll be testing out lists with an Esika's Chariot + Teleportation Circle + Glorious Protector core wrapped in either an Abzan or Bant shell, because I only like playing Yorion decks when nobody else is.

Edit: Done for the day—thanks for stopping by! I wound up not liking the Bant build a ton and the Junk list wound up looking like this:

rinski fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Sep 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

LifeLynx posted:

701.28f is correct, but a better question is why is she bereaved before any of her fellow creatures have died?

prereaved*

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

Gonna stream some Standard constructed (and maybe draft MID) in a bit if any of you folks want to hang out again! Edit: Done for now—thanks for stopping by!

I'm gonna be playing the list below, which is a more tuned version of that cat-circle list I posted before, only I have cut my favorite child Glorious Protector. GloPro is cheap and does powerful/cool stuff (especially with Circle), but it can't block dragons and dies to more removal than I'd like—which sucks, because it has the new "until this leaves play" wording, so if it dies before resolution there's no blink.

Now I'm running Burning-Rune Demon: the format is slow enough for it, it's beefy, it gets value regardless of the board state, and it lets you design fun two-card choice packages. I went with Nullpriest + Legion Angel/Liesa. It's been helpful to have a recursion loop that doesn't depend on circle, and the additional untapped fliers make Alrund's Epiphany much less scary.

rinski fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Sep 26, 2021