Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

i dont know if legacy has progressed past the edict effects, but i like a diabolic edict upgrade that can get a marit lage through dryad arbor protection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

re the 1/2 elf that untaps lands, I believe there is a cycle of karoo lands at common in the set? so probably balanced around those for limited

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

mcmagic posted:

you almost made me poo poo myself because there is no way I would've missed a karoo land reprint lol

yeah my b, my brain must have pasted the 1C activated abilities into the mana production spot, haha

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

BizarroAzrael posted:

I hope the Tarkir teamup is Zurgo and Kolaghan.

I think that's compleated kolaghan in the invasion of tarkir art :(

also I believe the eldraine set is "Wilds of Eldraine" so... WOE

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Mezzanon posted:

Love that the thalia and gitrog art is just them housing some phyrexians. Innistrad people ready to just fight whatever, whenever.

For the phyrexians it was the culmination of years of careful planning to invade the multiverse. To the people of innistrad, it was Wednesday.

they did already fight a bunch of eldrazi, who's to say which is worse????

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I just want a shelob for my ishkanah commander deck :unsmith:

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Mezzanon posted:

I love writing tournament reports and I find it really helps me get better at the game, now that I’m actually putting effort into playing. I’ll hopefully have a standard RC report next week from Vancouver

i cant wait to spend all 3 days playing on demand events

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I think the only reason to prefer remand, outside of colour (which will be most of it I imagine), is that remand triggers Baral. But baral storm hasnt been around in modern for ages.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

the value of white remand is giving remand to decks that dont play with blue mana, or were splashing blue for counterspells that they now dont need to splash for. Especially decks with proactive threats.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

!Klams posted:

I mean, I was playing remand in Jeskai control but took it out when I put solitude in because I needed more white cards to pitch.

Its kind of a no brainer for me, I really rate remand with snapcaster. I hate lord of the rings though, so this kind of sucks, but at least the card is totally LOTR agnostic.

I was just idly wondering if something like hammer might want it in the 75, mostly. Or like... vizier combo? Idk, seems fun to mess around with.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

WotC is going to bow to the meme and the Homelands legendary is actually going to be Joven and Chandler.

I'm rooting for grandmother sengir

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

how did nobody post the red atraxa list

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

also the naive bit that transformed creatures will get summoning sickness if they leave play to transform

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

LifeLynx posted:

Smaug is perfect! Just wish he was on his own instead of step three of a saga that's unplayable in EDH.

just want to brudiclad my board into smaugs and get x * 14 treasures where x is how many other tokens I have

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

the spirit legend not dodging fury, solitude, leyline binding, or 3feri makes me feel kinda shrug about it, but it seems fun to target with my own stuff.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Oh I didn't catch that actually. I thought a spell was any card other than a land? Maybe that's just on the stack?

Do other cards refer to instants/sorceries as spells to distinguish between them and triggered abilities? I guess I've just never noticed somehow

You'd be looking for "targetted by a spell or ability" and this only says "spell". So it works on fatal push, bolt, unholy heat, etc. but not abilities (either triggered or activated) like the pitch elementals ETBs or a planeswalker or creature activation.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Sickening posted:

Moria Marauder might not end up being a huge wave maker, but the card is certified fun in any playtesting I have done. The clause that extends its benefit to other goblins gets some decent value right away. Maybe not specifying combat damage might have broke it a bit, but so far its fun in rakdos goblins in pioneer.

did you mean in modern, or will you be learning the sad realization that the lord of the rings cards arent pioneer legal (or did I miss something)

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Sickening posted:

Yep, modern. It generates a surprising amount value. It doesn't feel like something that is going to see x3/4 copies in a deck, but a 1/2 of that pushes card advantage.

I buy it, though it feels like a card I'd be unhappy to play against fury decks, which also feels like the place where id value the card advantage...? I guess you just have to overload a card like fury in a tribal deck.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Khanstant posted:

Stickers is so much better theoretically in digital when you don't have to gently caress with lovely sticker sheets. Just not that strong of a mechanic anyway.

But Anthology can just be arbitrary singles right? Saw in Half doesn't involve anything specific to that set. Clown Car, and Starlight Spectacular, too please.

Also add Claire D'Loon to test the robustness of Arena's token code

legacy hero Comet, Stellar Pup, please.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

hastily checking which mill effects target and which do not

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Mix. posted:

does this to the thread so we stop aruging in circles

isnt the whole point of the storm forcing a fight to take place in a circle though

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

the musical commander discussion made me think which 4 musicals would make the best commander deck precon set to play with. sweeney Todd has to be one I'm sure theres no end of weird butcher/food poo poo from innistrad and eldraine and etc.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

yeah the unintentional draw snuck dom harvey into number 8 which means a better dominaria's judgment podcast follow up so I'm happy about it

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

are KMC still the go to inner sleeve? I stocked up a while ago but might need to get more soon

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

achieving a time of 0 seconds while chocobo racing*

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Ewastesure

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

The biggest relevant difference that I saw, having discussed it elsewhere, is that the latter actually changes its mana value on the stack, changing how it interacts with a few cards in the set (less likely to be Disdainful Stroked, more likely to trigger Scalding Viper, less freely able to trigger the 5 or more archetype cards).

Also if they expected it to potentially penetrate modern, its interaction with stuff like chalice of the void might have come up, but that's more far fetched.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I hope they go into the center of ikoria and find out slivers are there

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Lmao if you're in Calgary I think the mono green kid you played is one of my lgs menaces. Also I think he made top 8 so ayyy.

Edit: not played, drew with

Procrastinator fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 2, 2023

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Jiro posted:

I got mine last week! After getting an email saying all orders have been sent, I didn't receive a tracking number or notification or anything. Fiancee and I ordered a Teferi's Puzzle Box art print, and the hydro/pyroblast playmat. I'm happy with both. But yeah there was a lot of miscommunication throughout the whole process. The art is so good, love the Foglios.

I've been using the chaos warp mat since it showed up (previously goblin king from the first run) and it is reeeeal sweet

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I kind of wonder what gets delineated into mythics and what doesn't. I feel like a lot of the side cast characters will be uncommon legends. All the red 13s you can handle.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I feel like the right tact is have black/blue/red/white mages as generic non legendary cards of their colour, and then the gold versions of those effects as characters from 6+ that align. Like a Blue Mage, and then a Quina that's UG that eats things to get the blue mage effect.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

DangerDongs posted:

Bean to Light seeming like the way to win the Bean arms race, but my heart of hearts wants to cast elder deep-fiends in the cascade list.

elder deep beans, surely

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Another refurbish for portal to phyrexia is kinda hot, even if it makes the thing a 1/1.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah for quick quest wins i play Gyarados Combo in explorer lol

Edit wait that's a pokemon i mean this

Post the dang list

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

ilmucche posted:

Weirdly a doomsday player came close too

Ah, the old "fair thassa's oracle" plan

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

as a brawl player, the giant uro face still haunts me

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

4 might be exactly the wrong number where it can be a target for destroy evil, buy realistically it probably doesn't matter that much.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Not saying they'd play it, but if I Bring to Light for cover-up, I assume, since the casting is part of the spell resolution, it isn't in the graveyard yet to collect for evidence, right? (Id absolutely believe if it was too tbh)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I find the energy of "dad jokes but about premature ejaculation" kind of weird too yeah. It's not a big deal.