Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

AlternateNu posted:

The card draw, flicker, haste, and double strike ones saw play, I thought.

in standard back in the day the double striker was the main one in GW human/aggro. One of my first standard decks. The draw guy after being downshifted in a modern masters was in pauper a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

new thread title

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

little munchkin posted:

it's crazy that people would get conned into paying so much money for a useless piece of cardboard. anyways, how's the latest secret lair looking?
I've at least used my secret lairs I bought alot, even forcing deck choices to make sure I can use as many secret lair cards as possible. It is fun that way

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

All these new arts and frames rule

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Bell_ posted:

I agree with the first two, but AVR did NOT improve Innistrad 1 at all.

And I think in terms of draft none of those were made better.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

kalvanoo posted:

are the chalices even an important part of fish in modern? what are you chalicing on 1 for, opt??

serum visions

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

This is cool

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Didn't I design something 95% like this for the magic design contest here w couple years ago?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Strong Sauce posted:

why is it a curse... seems like its a good enchantment?

it was for flavor because I was treating it like a fixed Haunt.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Strong Sauce posted:

Reprint of Hero's Downfall from Theros. Now Uncommon vs Rare

holy poo poo, nice

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I would quit

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Magic the Gathering kicks rear end

I haven't played magic in several months, including arena, and I feel great

I just replaced my magic addiction with videogames, problem solved

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

You gotta say monke like Macho Man Randy Savage in that one Dexter's Lab episode

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Strong Sauce posted:

Yeah I updated the OP to include their title.

I guess Koreans and some parts of the Chinese diaspora don't play draft, only commander?

Being in traditional means it only hits HK and Taiwan. And both LGSs I follow are loving pissed at this. I've known dudes for a literal decade now that do 3-4 drafts a weekend, and have been playing since the 90s and they are PISSED right now

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

And thinking that in 2019 they began printing Pokemon in traditional Chinese and it blew up and took over alot of floor space in those places, hmm yes dropping traditional chinese and switching to just english is sure gonna bring in new players here

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I haven't played magic in paper for a year and I still want those lands

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Kashuno posted:

Vintage cube still good folks

getting self-owned by eureka does not

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

All day every day

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

opt posted:

I figured this thread would enjoy this, my brother in law used to work at a game store in the mid 90s and had a box of MTG odds and ends lying around. So I went through them and even though some of the cards were in rough shape, it was a good mix of revised, arabian nights, 4th edition, and ice age. There were some chronicles, the dark, and fallen empires mixed in as well.

Unfortunately no real lottery cards but still a good amount of worthwhile cards.

Here is the notable finds from a quick thumbing through:

And some unopened ice age packs and a revised starter deck:

A Revised Wheel is like 300 bucks now and that doesn't count as a lottery ticket?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Silhouette posted:

Bruh :c00l::respek::cool:

Pauper MBC is the only non-edh deck i own in paper

And it owns, and I will rock my heavily played Oubliettes till I die.

Also make a modern format where Dark Confidant is playable again and I will be happy.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Check out this Abzan deck that 5-0’d a league with dark confidant

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/4543811#paper

That does look pretty cool, even though I don't want to buy a playset of Esper Sentinel, thanks.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The Nastier Nate posted:

ive never played a game of modern in my life but im pretty sure spending 8 mana in a turn for a sorcery speed bolt is not what you want to be doing in modern

We should just ban enough cards until it is.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I haven't played in paper for over a year and I want a bunch of those basics.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Outside of Copter and Heart of Kiran, it took years for another Vehicle to be playable in Constructed.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Love me some Hadokens, baby

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Art Deco/Metropolis art lands look great.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Cactrot posted:

it's also a bullshit reason, Seachrome Coast is the only one that needs any flavor wiggling to fit a given setting and they can just invent some flavor text to make it fit like they did with Dragonskull Summit in Ixalan.

I don't know which lore writer has enough blackmail material on R&D to force magic to do so many dumb things because of their dumb stories (no baby dragons on Tarkir, get hosed)

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Cool I can play BBE in Jund again

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

YggdrasilTM posted:

But why are you playing Jund.

because I spent lots of loving money on goyf, bob, Lotv, and fetches/black leave cliffs...5 years ago?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

quote:

Legendary Creature – Cephalid Advisor

First new Cephalid in 20 years?

edit: also because I still listen to Maro's podcast, talking about Lorwyn with Aaron Forsythe, they mention specifically Hideaway coming back soon.

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Mar 29, 2022

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

mcmagic posted:

It's funny how much better the Esper one is than the awful Grixis one

Same post was true 14 years ago :colbert:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

They also are reprinting Goblin Settler for the first time in 20 years. https://secretlair.wizards.com/us/product/724662/just-some-totally-normal-guys

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Ob looks like it would fit pretty well into the RB Pioneer decks.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

"if you cast it"

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

vegetables posted:

I tried to buy barrels of oil instead of Magic cards when I was eleven, but my parents wouldn’t let me

your parents were fools then

or depending on the year, very smart

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

AngryBooch posted:

Textless Bob. Cmon man!

I agree. Boooo

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Background seems like a mechanic that is adding a legal house rule of "hey I want to have these colors in my deck too, everyone cool with that?" for everyone.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

LifeLynx posted:

It only works for specific Baldur's Gate legends from this set I believe? So no giving Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar a chef's background to be able to play green cards.

hmm, lame.

All I want is to be able to play RB Goblins in my Krenko deck dammit, I hate Wort and that other one

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Kashuno posted:

the gate that makes all gates come into play untapped and taps for any color your gates can produce. Bring back the gates decks

bring in all the gates baby, one of my favorite decks ever was gates+door to nothingness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

fadam posted:

Oghma's Archivist 1W
Creature - Halfling Cleric
Flash
Whenever an opponent searches their library, you gain 1 life and draw a card.
2/2
"Knowledge is the greatest tool of the mortal mind and surpasses anything made by mortal hands. Before anything exists, the idea must exist"

Well now.

dig this