Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

That is false. One of the finalist decks was neither.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Ok, so Hopper, Will, and Max investigate, Lucas uses the clue tokens to deal damage and Goad, Mike reanimate Will, Eleven and Hopper when they die in combat, Eleven uses the investigate card draw and provide free spells for Max, Dustin give mana for clues, and Max untap Will, Dustin and Lucas for more uses?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Koirhor posted:

I’d rather they rotate every set knock the oldest one out when a new one is released

I think they would be really happy too, with all the money they would make.

mcmagic posted:

It doesn't solve the problem of standard looking too much like it did before rotation.

What? Standard right now Is nowhere like before the rotation.

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 17, 2021

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

edit - forget it.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

The World Inferno posted:

clues draw cards, treasure adds mana, food adds life... what else is there to token? Probably a super generic 1/1 right?

Mill, scry, creature token creation, discard, damage, temporary +x/+x or -x/-x, counters...

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Dread Fugue - B
Sorcery
Cleave 2B
Target player reveals their hand. You choose a nonland card from it [with mana value 2 or less]. That player discards that card.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Magic Underwear posted:

I'm trying to think, is there anything brackets can do that isn't already done by kicker/split? And those mechanics can do a lot more than removing words. I guess you can fit more rules text because you don't have to out write the rules for both modes.

kicker/split can reproduce the 90% of the existing mechanics, so it's not a really fair comparison.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

-I'm stupid.-

Future Sighting 2U
Sorcery
Choose target player and up to four target cards in their graveyard. That player shuffles those cards into their library. Look at the top four cards of your library. Put one of them into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.

Soulcodeplate 1U
Artifact - Uncommon
~ ETBs with three Omen counters.
1U, Tap: Look at the top two cards of your library. Put one of them into your graveyard.

Whenever a creature card is put into your graveyard, remove one Omen counter from ~. Transform if there are no Omen counters on it.

[Back Side]
Codebound Geist
Creature - Spirit
Flying
Can only block creatures with flying.
3U: Draw two cards, discard a card.
3/2

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Oct 29, 2021

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

fadam posted:

Final Fortune sees some play in CEDH, but has that kind of effect been playable anywhere else? We've seen a few extra turn, lose after spells in Standard over the years and I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually cast them.

World championship 1998.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Voice of the Blessed

Creature - Spirit Cleric

Whenever you gain life, put a +1/+1 counter on Voice of the Blessed.

As long as Voice of the Blessed has four or more +1/+1 counters, it gains flying and vigilance.

As long as Voice of the Blessed has ten or more +1/+1 counters, it gains indestructible.

Come to me, better Ajani's pridemate.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Oct 30, 2021

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

I played that card a lot.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Abhorrence posted:

Does Cemetary Protector make tokens if you exile a non-land with her? The phrasing is ambiguous. If she can flash in, eat a creature out of the graveyard, then make tokens on landfall AND when you cast a creature spell, I think she might be good. If she has to eat a land to make tokens on landfall, her chances are much lower.

She ETB, eats a card, and then she triggers everytime you cast a card of the same type or play a Land of the exiled card was a land. If you exile Urza's Saga she makes token everytime you cast an enchantment or play a land.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

RIP.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Oh, this is interesting.

https://twitter.com/mtg_data/status/1455203073501040640/photo/1

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Hive-Heart Shaman
{3}{G}
Creature - Human Shaman

Whenever Hive-Heart Shaman attacks, you may search your library for a basic land card that does not share a land type with a land you control and put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle.
{5}{G}: Create a 1/1 green insect creature token. Put X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is the number of basic land types among lands you control. Activate only as a sorcery.

3/5

Dream-Chain Spirit
{1}{U}{U}
Creature - Spirit

Flying
At the beginning of combat on your turn, choose up to one:
- Tap target creature
- Target creature doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step

3/1

Skull Skaab
{U}{B}
Creature - Zombie

Exploit.
Whenever a creature you control exploits a nontoken creature, create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token.

2/2

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

The Archetypes for limited are
UW Spirits/Auras
UB Exploit Zombies
RB Blood Vampires
RG Wolves & Werewolves
GW Humans
WB Lifegain
BG Toughness
UG Self-Mill
UB Spells
RW Attack!

Optimistic Initiate
B
Creature - Human Wizard

Training
(2)(W), remove 2 +1/+1 counters from creatures you control: destroy target artifact or enchantment.

1/2

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Nov 3, 2021

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Splendid Reclamation reprint.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Jacob Harkin, Investigator
{1}{U}
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor

{T}: Draw a card, then exile a card in your hand face down. You may look at the card as long as it remains exiled. Then, you may pay {4}{U}{U}. If you do, transform Jacob Harkin, Investigator

0/2

Harkin's Sight
Legendary Enchantment

At the beginning of your upkeep, exile the top card of your library. You may look at it as long as it remains exiled.
Once during each of your turns, you may play a land or cast a spell from the cards exiled by this permanent without paying the mana cost.

Olivia's Attendants
{4}{R}{R}
Creature - Vampire

Menace
Whenever Olivia's Attendants deals damage, create that many blood tokens.
{2}{R}: Olivia's Attendants deals 1 damage to any target

6/6

Cemetary Gatekeeper - 1R
Creature - Vampire

First strike
Whenever ~ enters the battlefield, exile a card from a graveyard.
Whenever a player plays a land or casts a spell, if it has the same type as the exiled card, ~ deals 2 damage to that player.

2/1

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Nov 4, 2021

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Goa Tse-tung posted:

also I thought Hexproof was replaced by Ward, or do Mythics break those kinda rules

Mostly. But they said hexproof will still be used here and there.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

mcmagic posted:

If you exile a land it’s 2 every time they play a land? That might be just better than eidolon.

Well, to remove eidolon they usually have to take damage, while removing this one is painless.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

ilmucche posted:

Could you hexmage this

you can also play solemnity the turn before.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Magic Underwear posted:

Draw conditioned on playing weenies seems on color and pretty fair, it's way better than that horrible "everyone draws" crap they tried. And they put the once a turn safety valve on it so I don't see the big deal.
If I remember well, their current idea is to limit every White draw effect to one card. Maro main problem with cards like Mentor is that Mentor draws too much and too easily.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

The World Inferno posted:

It's hilarious they didn't even bother giving him any of those abilities, so unless you have other creatures he comes down as a vanilla 3/3.

All Odric cards need other creatures in order to work. It's kind of his theme.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

neaden posted:

That's why I kind of miss the longer time span you had back when plansealkers were immortal. Right now the multiverse is just constantly having stuff going on when before you could have like a thousand years of no world changing events.

How can you know this? we were almost always on Dominaria.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

"the power level of new cards is too low! bring it back as it was before!"
- one rotation later -
"the power lever of new cards is too high! bring it back as it was before!"
- one rotation later -
- one rotation later -
- one rotation later -
- one rotation later -
- one rotation later -

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

I still remember when I traded those four Tolarian Academies for my four Gaea’s Cradles. I was 17 and we were in full Combo Winter. It a dumb trade at the time, not so much now.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Ah yes, the infamous Dualcaster Mage/Saw in Half combo.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Flashbacks of GW mirrors in Theros/Tarkir standard.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

TBH, Historic seems in a horrible state if these are the top decks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Crackbone posted:

It’s basically Izzitpiphany, MonoG, and MonoW. Everything else is tier 2.

It's like Ravnica/Theros. RPS-like format.