Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
premodern in the op my god we've made it baby we've gone condo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
leperflesh is there a way to link your big nice prob/stats post from the previous thread in the op? i think a better more intuitive understanding of probabilities and statistics would be great for deckbuilding and issues like whether niche sideboard cards should be maindecked even in metas where they might see frequent relevant targets. would be a shame to lose the post.

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
"enters the battlefield" was absolutely not introduced in visions. it was changed around magic 2010 apparently (according to this)

edit: do you guys mean etb effects?

kalvanoo fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 22, 2021

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
ive been playing a mono g chariot/w7 deck for a few days and while its strong i dont think any of it is bannable. the chariot needs to stick around a whole turn, and if they nuke it you spent your 3rd or 4th turn making two bears which usually isn't great. w7 is cool though, good design that plays stronger than it reads

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv

Lone Goat posted:

Despite Leperflesh getting hoodwinked into including it in the OP, Premodern is neither popular nor up and coming.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
what if they were so indistinguishable you couldn't tell them apart ever even by ripping them open what would the morality be then

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
it certainly isnt what i wanted thats for sure

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
counterpoint: there are a good mix of very good decks right now and standard is actually good

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv

Yawgmoth posted:

And give us a RR instant "if your opponent takes an extra turn after this one, instead you win the game".

fortune, finalized

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
and i said we'll ban esika's chariot

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
once you were up and playing it it was one of the better ccgs but i agree that getting to that point was a journey, especially if you didnt have an existing playgroup to guide you

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
why does day 9 make so much more than every one else

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv

mcmagic posted:

Well it look like 3 weeks for this standard format to become completely miserable lol

why is it miserable

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
that card looks like barfed up dog craps

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv

mcmagic posted:

Because you have to either play the turns deck or white/green aggro and it's boring.

Bx treasure midrange is fun and pretty competitive against both decks maybe try that

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
whats everyone's favorite art for memory lapse? i have a soft spot for both original homelands arts but i think the mirage art is my fav

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
christ that art sucks.

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
im sure it was unintentional but someone in a chat i'm in pointed out that the Homecoming banner behind Will (who is queer?) spells out homo, so at least we know that nobody is actually looking at these before they go out

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
still waiting for functionally unique wu tang cards

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv

dragon enthusiast posted:

it's a little lovely for the professional artists to seemingly willfully misinterpret parts of the kids' sketches, but as long as the kids are happy who cares

agreed and also they should all be dragons am i right

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv

Silhouette posted:

Mirage block, Tempest block, Invasion block

magic used to be real

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
are the chalices even an important part of fish in modern? what are you chalicing on 1 for, opt??

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Probably stuff like Ragavan I imagine. I’m forgoing chalices because they’re expensive

have fun with your deck my friend the last time i played modern i had built mardu pyromancer which was a fun but bad deck and they banned faithless looting because they printed that convoke delve guy and ruined my fun bad deck and now i hate modern and wotc in general

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
is modern good now should i buy in to another mediocre midrange piece of poo poo

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv

Gynovore posted:

Ya know, all this kinda leads me to suspect that there might possibly be a slightly higher concentration of autistic people among Magic players than among the general public.

what do u mean

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
i think the way that ashaya works means that if shes in play and you play the colossus you can rip through your whole deck until you have only nonland/noncreature cards in hand.

also rip to yawgmoth he was a cool and funny poster.

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv

resistentialism posted:

Ashaya doesn't do anything to creature cards in your hand.

oops ya my bad

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
i guess thats how you cheat out that 7 mana land thing

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
i would play pioneer if it had fetches and brainstorm in it

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
maybe i should "brainstorm" up some better posts

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
good luck playing modern burn goon sir we are counting on you

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv

HootTheOwl posted:

What is this?

joke about MILF, a popular type of Mom

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv

BizarroAzrael posted:

Or a cropped screen of a store's buy list at Vegas, depending on the nature of the question

well, nevertheless,

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
premodern is in the op

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
wotc is so dumb lol

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
so theyre changing the digital versions of the cards but only for historic and the new format? why not just ban the cards in those formats and introduce the nerfed cards under new names?

like,

historic:
esika's chariot is banned

bill's chariot however...

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv

mandatory lesbian posted:

I assume they mean for the replacement card to be given to anyone with the banned card, and for the replacement card to only exist in the digital formats. Which sounds just as clunky as what theyre doing now tbh, maybe just...dont have digital only formats, that sound like the real problem

its clunky but doesnt interfere with paper. now you have a paper card and a digital card with the same name that does something different. its very weird

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
why is everyone spelling monkey "monke"

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv

kalel posted:

monke, doge, catte, ratte, frogge

take any animal name + add an "e" to the end = internet cute speak. welcome to the internet, be safe out there

well, ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
ya its a bunch of bullshit