Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

lapsed player for years but a new sucker person has opened a game store in my rural rear end town and recently got wpn status. he's like the fourth or fifth guy to attempt this in the last decade, lol

i'm curious about outlaws so i'm going to go check out the prerelease and maybe the commander precon event to vibe check. should be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

what do y'all like for custom tokens

infinitokens are cool and functional but i kind of want to get some cool art instead. searching around i've found original magic art, which looks neat, and a whole bunch of people stealing art or generating ai to sell stuff on etsy and it's kind of hard to dig through the chaff to find people who are legitimate there. want to see what else is out there.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

HootTheOwl posted:

MPC is who I used on advice of the thread
I used magic set editor to make the images

nah i'm not looking for proxies, more like unofficial tokens with cool art where i'm supporting the artist

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

3-0'd the prerelease (release, i guess?) that ran tonight. had gw mounts with ornery tumblewagg, wylie duke, some of the better uncommon mount pieces like the two drop hexproof giver and the lifelink heron, the overrun, and solid removal. splashed black for the 2 mana kill a non-outlaw and 6 mana reanimate+fight a guy.

game 1 i played a new player and i think i saw four of their cards all match, two of them were scarecrows
game 2 i played a really chill dude who was on like jeskai crimes/cast two spells and he was just screwing around doing stuff like tapping my wylie duke at the end to make the match go faster. we talked for like 20m after, nice guy.
game 3 was a guy who was on a solid red/black outlaws deck. he angle shot every single rule and mechanic he could which is obnoxious at a prerelease. at the end he was complaining about tumblewagg and just being a bad sport, and tbh i derive no greater pleasure than beating an angle shooter who whines the entire third game. lol

it was swiss and i got third on breakers, which is fine. was fun to play magic in person again. most expensive card i opened was pest control.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

every time i type cactarantula i want to spell it like the final fantasy enemy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

AlternateNu posted:

Young Ral looks dorky as gently caress.:allears:

rocking the faded old navy relaxed fit jeans