Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ground floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mezzanon posted:

Anyone considering playing two headed giant: I would urge you to open 2x meathook massacres to win the game on the spot repeatedly.

Also learn the interaction for daybound/nightbound in 2hg

(It’s neither play can cast spells to make it night, but one player is to cast two spells for it to become day)

Magic: The Gathering: If Two Players Cast No Spells, It Becomes Night

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bugsy posted:

Cat car into wren make a tree attack with car get a second tree is real strong.

I did this last night and it whipped rear end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Surprised that shipwreck sifters is so high. I never seem to get enough spirits or disturb cards to make it worthwhile

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Enters the battlefield sounds cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Darkoni posted:

They kind of have that for death triggers. Isn't 'death' just 'a creature is destroyed and is moved to the graveyard'? It more or less works because of people's understanding of the relationship between living things, death, and graveyards. But despite the mechanics of the game working the same way other permanents can't die. Artifacts and enchantments aren't living things and planeswalkers just gtfo. So it's easy to understand what dies means in the context of the rules, I think.

I think why they don't keyword ETB is that there is a benefit to bluntly state the rules and context for such a common and simple trigger. Does etb go back to alpha? If it does it's probably a hold over from that. They also recently keyworded mill so it could be just a matter of time too.

Looking it up, they created ETB for that weird Portal expansion designed for newcomers and they liked it so much they decided to introduce it in Visions. So it goes back to 1997

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

W7 kicks rear end and I'll gladly put her in almost any deck w/ green

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fadam posted:

lol I don’t think Chariot or W7 is gonna get banned guys

Yeah that seems extremely unlikely lol. It's a good combo but it requires a lot of mana to get going

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I played against decks just like that twice yesterday. Irritating af

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Poppet is cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I love that movie

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I like Alrund’s Epiphany when I play it but I hate it when my opponent plays it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cactrot posted:

She's already bereaved, but the next time something dies it pushes her over the edge.

This. She’s like Charles Bronson in Death Wish except she can bring people back to life

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Reprint all the reserves list cards but create a new keyword that says you have to be in your underwear to play them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

odiv posted:

Who doesn't wear underwear?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Magic has too many formats tbh

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Could god make a proxy so realistic even he couldn’t tell the difference.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

When you play with a counterfeit card, you're playing with everyone who's ever played that card before.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lone Goat posted:

DON'T PROXY THAT MOXY

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I don't play paper MTG these days so I have no particular skin in the game, but in a world where a single revised dual land costs as much as a PS5 I don't begrudge anyone wanting to proxy a couple tropical islands

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Toshimo posted:

To what end? To play in dead rear end Legacy tournaments? If the format is unsustainable without counterfeits, just let it die and teach WotC the lesson it needs to learn.

What lesson. If the format dies literally the only ones being hurt are people who want to play it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Actually I'm thinking it would be cool to get like a counterfeit set of dual lands or power 9 to frame and display

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dehtraen posted:

MTG wise he did coverage for a long time and was the pro tour historian. He got bumped from the coverage desk and was switched to interviewing and guerrilla coverage for the non-feature match games during PT’s. He stepped down from doing anything related to MTG about 2-3 years ago to pursue other opportunities. He also started the store Neutral Ground in NYC which was basically the place to play mtg in NYC back in the day, had a lot of pros playing there.

I played at neutral ground a couple times back when I was in high school. Came in 4th in a vintage tournament once and later got immediately knocked out of regionals lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Honestly nowadays we’re spoiled for info. Back in the day we had to glean info on upcoming sets and deck meta from bad Scrye magazine articles and random forum posts

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Meathook rocks rear end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

When Alrund's Epiphany is outlawed, only outlaws will play Alrund's Epiphany

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Toshimo posted:

This ain't the thread for that, but I encourage you to PM me your treatise "In the Defense of Selling Bootleg DVDs".

Gramps posted:

Nothing goes better with a Torta and a nice Jarritos than a buttcam copy of Amazing Spiderman

This. Respect the hustle

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Man I could go for a jamon torta right about now

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*Said Vaderly* I am proxying the moxy. Pray I don’t proxy it further.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Strong Sauce posted:

do vardik astral archmage and storm skreelix reduce the cost of flashbacked spells?

Yep

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Good news everyone, I’ve decided to ban Epiphany

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

And I said what about Alrund’s Epiphany
She said I think I remember that card
And as I recall, I think we wanted to ban it
And I said, well that’s one thing we got

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

A kid at the summer camp I went to in middle school convinced me that the Star Wars CCG was the hottest thing in the world and everyone at his school played it so I got really into it for a while. I can probably count the number of times I actually played a game on one hand but I was obsessed with Star Wars so just having all these weird rear end cards with pictures from the movies was good enough for me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MeinPanzer posted:

Man, I would love to read that if you can find it. I only just got back into MTG last year and it's sent me down memory lane when it comes to these old CCGs. I've even been hunting down scanned copies of Scrye and Inquest from back in the day to find articles about them.

When I went to find my Magic cards at my parents' house a couple weeks ago, there were a bunch of Scryes and Inquests in the attic along with my old gaming magazines. Next time I go over there I'll grab them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Also the box of cards had a few other random CCG cards I don’t remember ever getting. I didn’t even know there was a WWF CCG.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol is that the full name of the card. If so that kicks rear end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They've done cards like that before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TacoNight posted:

Yes, but the point is that the creature gets valor counters on it, but goes in a deck that will likely also put +1/+1 counters on it. The enchantment and the artifact posted above won't typically have a mix of counters.