Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Leperflesh posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that thing.

Maybe I'll go and find it, clean it up/shorten it a bit, and re-post it. I could link it but it was a bit long and meandery. Thanks for reminding me though!

Also if you guys know of other old effortposts in any of the previous threads, link 'em.

I literally still have that post up in another tab:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897251&pagenumber=1395&perpage=40&userid=0#post515486919

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

goferchan posted:

I don't think anyone's come straight out and said Crimson Vow won't have double faced/transform cards but I also don't really get the impression it will. I hope daybound/nightbound sticks around though; it's got some legs on it.

I would find it interesting if the mechanic did stick around, as it was interesting in all the prerelease events I was playing in, but the reality is that we're focusing on Spirits/Vampires at least in Crimson Vow so far, I'm not optimistic about more werewolves. :(

I am trying to put together a Tovolar (MOSTLY) tribal EDH deck, so I would love more to get rid of somewhat vanilla werewolves.

E: Didn't see the post from Maro that was shared, that's pretty awesome.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Leperflesh posted:

Basic Odds and Probability Stuff for Magic the Gathering Players in About 5000 Words, by Leperflesh

Printed to PDF for safe keeping and probably going to physically print this later to read in a more leisurely fashion. What I have read previously was very insightful. Thanks!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Silhouette posted:

People have been clamoring for a gold bordered Vintage Cube for years but wotc won't or can't do it because I'm pretty sure the RL extends to gold/silver borders as well

As noted it doesn't apply, but I would be more concerned about the art of the older cards. If I recall WotC had some lovely deals with art for older stuf like the Black Lotus and such?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Actually you get totally normal lands. It's bullshit.

It's actually the only way to get those normal at lands for midnight hunt though isn't it?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

snyprmag posted:

My idea to fix the extra turn issue is to make it so you only get 1 extra turn per normal turn. So if you copied epiphany, you get extra birds but the turns wouldn't stack.

Only one extra turn? But what about Time Stretch!?

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

AlternateNu posted:

The Dragon Shield sealable perfect fit inners are the top of the market right now.

While I love them and have bought too many, I'll advise that the sealable inners make the deck quite thick, and it won't fit in all deck boxes. Especially it won't fit in a Boulder and will be extremely tight in a satin tower. :(

Still love them though. I've found the GameGenic XL line to fit them well.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Arivia posted:

it's on the List!

As far as I know we don't get new art with The List printings though. :( Therefore not serving the purpose they were looking for ( new art ).

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Captain Invictus posted:

I do kinda wish they'd insert arena bonuses in paper packs, like on the backs of ad cards/tokens and such. have a limit per day on the amount you can redeem or something I guess, but having something I could get more gold/gems from while I'm cracking packs would be neat. I think I heard the pokemon card game packs do that, or did that, but I'd much prefer an MTG version.

Very much this. Pokemon did have a code to open a pack on their online version in their packs. -_-

They have promo packs they give to WPN stores, those have a code for a pack and you can only use 6 per set, yielding 6 packs total, and the prerelease is 1 per set, with 6 packs, so the total that I know of that you can get is 12 free packs?!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Tied for 6th at my shop with Modern BG Infect.

I'm missing 1 Verdant Catacombs, 1 Misty Rainforest, and 3 Noble Hierarchs from the list, but it did OK.

Got merc'd by a Omnath list that always had answers, and a Selesnya Enchantments build.

Did completely destroy a turbo fog approach of the second sun deck which did feel good.

First ever Modern tournament/event I've played, and walked away with a playset of promo Arbor Elf and the foil promo Collected Company.

( There were 8 players )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Watched a breakdown of everything that comes in the Compleat Edition bundle and it'd be an easy pick up if it didn't cost $80.

Still might end up grabbing one at my LGS since there's a promo with a Phyrexian Life counter like the one from Commanders Arsenal if you buy from a WPN store.

The life counter is the only thing that I really want from it. I'll probably search eBay for one later. The Commander one I got off Amazon previously doesn't hold together well an just explodes. :(