Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
One of the best things about having lived in the UK, Australia and the US is that the various slangs and phrases overlap in comical ways. For example, "BOGOF" in Australia is the same as "BOGO" in the US (but better because it describes what it actually means, where the US version really just describes an ordinary transaction). But in some areas of the UK, "bog off" is essentially a variant of "piss off", so it's fun to see it on shop signs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
Here's a similar game while you wait - is this part of a real jingle from an Australian TV advertisement, or something I made up just now?

Paint supplies, paint supplies, for factory surplus batches,
you'll pay less at paint supplies for cans with dents and scratches.
Paints for this and paints for that, for town and country too!
One call on the dog-and-bone, it's on the road to you!

roomforthetuna

Also, this might be my favorite ad from my time in Adelaide, except for the one infomercial for a juicer at 2 in the morning that had a guy with huge eyebrows growling about how DEATH DEATH DEATH is what most food is made of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj-B3cwXllQ

roomforthetuna

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

i guess if i spent my entire life being chased by venemous marsupials i would try to shorten words wherever posso (possible)
Except short words, which you would need to longo.

roomforthetuna

Stoner Sloth posted:

a show called 'rubbery figures'
That's a genius name for such a show. (The UK's one was called "Spitting Image" which doesn't have any fun connotations about government corruption *or* really describe the puppets.)