Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/_Collin1/status/1439453941213896704

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1439365735214723076

https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1439405562534547457

https://twitter.com/slmandel/status/1439480784683864068

Also Texas is back etc etc

https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1439410517534285829

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/thejasonkirk/status/1439389963880214528?s=19

You are hearing it more and more

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
Clemson's generally sucky performance against Georgia Tech, along with the alarming displays of competence by Arkansas, Auburn, and Florida, have me deeply worried for UGA's season going forward.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

UVA made zero tackles yesterday. Our offense is good but it doesn’t matter when you give up 700 yards

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

HannibalBarca posted:

Clemson's generally sucky performance against Georgia Tech, along with the alarming displays of competence by Arkansas, Auburn, and Florida, have me deeply worried for UGA's season going forward.

I'm not as worried, but I don't think it is going to be as easy as we might have thought it would be before yesterday. It is clear that the Clemson offense is real real bad. Defense still pretty good. I think our offense looked a lot better with JT and it showed why the idea of a QB controversy was laughable. Our run D will keep us in the game against Florida, especially if Emeory Jones stays their main man. Auburn still have Bo Nix and even with our developing DBs, it is still Bo Nix. Tank is legit though, in both name and action. Arkansas just looks solid, but I haven't watched enough of them to see where we would find success or trouble.

I still think we should be favored in every game up to the SECCG, and this is UGA's year for the east. Only thing to screw us up is us and all that.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Despite saying I wouldn't I managed to catch the last 3 or so minutes of the Florida game was pleasantly surprised at how not poo poo we were so that's something.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Iowa Penn State is rapidly looking like it could be the biggest conference game of the year and that's not something I'd have suspected three weeks ago.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Florida has 400, 363 and 245 rushing yards in the first three games of this season.

I’m impressed by how Mullen completely reinvented the offense one season removed from setting school records for passing.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
That PAC12 scoreboard :stare: That conference desperately needs a good Southern Cal and those alliance games to boost visibility and strength of schedule.

I still haven't decided if Florida is quite good, or if Alabama isn't that great this year.

If Bo Nix could hit the broad side of a barn, then Auburn would be quite scary.

This has got to be Georgia's best chance at a title season in a long time.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I'm looking forward to seeing how Luke Doty continues to play for the rest of the season; he looks like a legitimate dual threat now, and did pretty well despite getting his first action of the year against the best DL in college football.

I have no other comment on the UGA game, because it was entirely #asexpected. Next week's Kentucky game, though, is one I'll be watching with interest.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
No-punting coach apparently had a pretty rough week.

https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1439577367836495875

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

Florida has 400, 363 and 245 rushing yards in the first three games of this season.

I’m impressed by how Mullen completely reinvented the offense one season removed from setting school records for passing.

I’m glad Emory played well but I can’t help but feel like Richardson could’ve provided some spark. 2 pt loss with a missed XP and an unsuccessful Do Or Die 2pt try really stings.

The defense looked good against as much NFL talent as you can put on a college field.

I don’t really know what to think. The moral victories of playing Bama close are getting old but I don’t think the team is bad by any means. I think the rest of our games are winnable after that performance but I’m sure we will drop some strange ones.

Also :laffo::hmbol::lol::laffo: @FSU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I mentioned it in the GDT but you UF guys would have had so much fun watching that game if it wasn't on at the same time.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Grittybeard posted:

I mentioned it in the GDT but you UF guys would have had so much fun watching that game if it wasn't on at the same time.

I watched the Jacksonville State’s final drive last week and found out it is possible to ejaculate from pure, uncut schadenfreude.

I’m not really sure who FSU beats this year. Wake beat the loving brakes off them.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I'm in Winston Salem for the weekend and watched the first half of the Penn State game in Foothills brewery before heading back to my hotel. The bar area was half filled with sad FSU fans.

A lot a blue bloods have fallen on hard times in the last decade, but I don't think any of them have fallen as far as Florida State. If Franklin took the USC job, Fickell would seem like the obvious slam dunk hire, but you never know.

Komet fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Sep 19, 2021

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Komet posted:

I'm in Winston Salem for the weekend and watched the first half of the Penn State game in Foothills brewery before heading back to my hotel. The bar area was half filled with sad FSU fans.

A lot a blue bloods have fallen on hard times in the last decade, but I don't think any of them have fallen as far as Florida State. If Franklin took the USC job, Fickell would seem like the obvious slam dunk hire, but you never know.

I’d say Nebraska has fallen more than FSU. FSU at least has a NC in the last 10 years.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Florida State being 0-3 definitely takes the sting off of a two point loss to Alabama.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Bird in a Blender posted:

I’d say Nebraska has fallen more than FSU. FSU at least has a NC in the last 10 years.

Nebraska and Tennessee completely vanishing from their heights 20 years ago is something. Even the others struggling to match their 90s highs put up a good showing now and then.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Mike Bobo was a strange hire for Auburn; I guess the idea was that he knew SEC FOOBAW or what have you. But even when his offense was setting UGA records, he’d always have one absolute brain-dead call a game…and hoo boy looks like that hasn’t changed.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I hate say this, but Kansas State should be ranked this week. They’ve looked pretty good in their three games.

Iowa State finally has a really good game, I guess playing UNLV will do that.

Oklahoma has not looked that great even though they’re 3-0. Going to be an interesting year in the Big 12.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Komet posted:

Having been to Winston-Salem, it's hard to overstate how small Wake Forest is, and how second-rate their stadium setup feels. It has "good school with D3 athletics" written all over it. (the stadium itself is alright)

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

HannibalBarca posted:

Yesterday should've been a great day for y'all: Florida lost, and Alabama looked mortal. If the Gators can run the drat ball on Alabama with their hodgepodge 3-star OL, surely Georgia's 5-star OL can do the same?

Since I experienced the 2nd half of Alabama-Florida via radio, what exactly happened in the 2nd half when Alabama had the ball? Was this a matter of Alabama trying to break in a new offense in the 1st hostile environment they've faced in 2 years, or Florida just playing their asses off on defense?

FSU has officially entered The Tennessee Zone. FSU has a legitimate chance of going 2-10 this season, as they'll only be favored against UMass and Syracuse from here on out. And FSU is too broke to fire Mike Norvell for committing the fireable offense of going 2-10 in Tallahassee.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/JimRussellSD/status/1439425569255428099?s=19

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I don’t think Alabama looked mortal. They do this every year. I think the first half is going to be what you see going forward and Saban will coach the second half slide out of them.

Plus they were playing at the Swamp which, despite a pandemic, was the fifth largest crowd they’ve had and probably one of the louder games. It’s not an easy place to play at.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I took a spin on Pitt Twitter yesterday after their game, and it was so goddamn delightful. It was a hell of a tense game, and I'm feeling really good about Eleby at QB for the Broncos! Defense was super frustrating letting them drop deep bombs on us basically at will, however

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

D.N. Nation posted:

Mike Bobo was a strange hire for Auburn; I guess the idea was that he knew SEC FOOBAW or what have you. But even when his offense was setting UGA records, he’d always have one absolute brain-dead call a game…and hoo boy looks like that hasn’t changed.

It's kind of hard to have any opinion on this Auburn staff while Nix is still there, pretty much all of their problems last night came down to him on some level, and that was an inherited problem.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
0-3 for the first time since 1976. Might legit go 0-12.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30331494/deep-deep-hole-6-year-unraveling-florida-state-football

If you haven't read that it's a cautionary tale for sure.

Good thing FSU didn't waste millions of dollars just buying Jimbo permanent elite football facilities and instead wisely invested them in hiring and firing failures over and over again. I mean, if we'd bought Jimbo those facilities we wouldn't have nothing to show for the money but the complete dissolution of the program at every position on every level in every way for almost a loving decade.

The funniest thing about this to me is how after 2013 FSU poured all this money into poo poo like the "Century Club" to get more of that loving yuppie drunk money every weekend, raised the price of tickets, etc. and now all of that is down the shitter because no one bothered to actually worry about, you know, the loving football being played there.

I feel bad for Jermaine Johnson and the other kids who committed to FSU and walked into this shitshow. Hey maybe FSU can become a loving novelty act, just get a new coach every offseason and pick a bunch of other gimmicks, never punting, the OL freeze play, maybe a "turnover backpack" or something.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Alabama definitely hamstrung itself with a ton of penalties but Florida's defense definitely played great. Those DBs held up in man coverage against us better than anyone has in years.

That said I'm hoping Bryce takes a similar development path as Mac because whoo boy did he leave some points out there

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

I hate say this, but Kansas State should be ranked this week. They’ve looked pretty good in their three games.

If kleiman can go 3-0 vs OU then they might win the conference

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
A lot of the problems FSU has now started under Jimbo though. Their biggest issue is that the oline is complete trash and that was already the case with him the last year or so, and then firing Willie halfway through year two meant you had two transition classes in 3 years. I don't think there's a coach out there who is going to go in and fix what's wrong with FSU as quickly as they want it to be fixed

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Whoever FSU hires next I hope they run the swinging gate PAT, because I still remember the hot flush of shame every time Zook pulled that out.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LeeMajors posted:

Whoever FSU hires next I hope they run the swinging gate PAT, because I still remember the hot flush of shame every time Zook pulled that out.

Coaches who do this regularly were the weirdest thing to me.

It's not a bad idea to try to catch someone off guard but it's a one or two times a season thing, but once it's on tape you think the game's kinda over with that play. The other team is going to prepare for it.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
That dj Graham interception didn't make any sense how did he catch that

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Thoughts: FSU is a cluster dumpster. Oklahoma and Clemson are both overrated. Cincinnati is the real deal and BYU could bust some bowl season predictions. Notre Dame hasn't proven themselves after a couple of poor weeks and against a Purdue team that the jury is still out on.

Big Ten thoughts: Iowa and PSU might be the class of the Big Ten West and East. MSU and Michigan look like they are fielding their best teams in years. Ohio State is hard to tell about. Gophers busted the hell out of Colorado in very impressive fashion.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

LLCoolJD posted:

That PAC12 scoreboard :stare: That conference desperately needs a good Southern Cal and those alliance games to boost visibility and strength of schedule.

It’s not like PAC-12 teams aren’t playing other P5’s in non conference currently.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I am still in awe of that Oklahoma interception and I stop everything I’m doing to watch anytime it shows up on tv.

Just holy poo poo.

https://twitter.com/dylandylanshow/status/1439300179295883273?s=21

Some real OBJ-catch with added difficulty vibes.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Iowa State finally has a really good game, I guess playing UNLV will do that.

Oklahoma has not looked that great even though they’re 3-0. Going to be an interesting year in the Big 12.

Good news, I hear there are some spots opening up!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

MourningView posted:

It's kind of hard to have any opinion on this Auburn staff while Nix is still there, pretty much all of their problems last night came down to him on some level, and that was an inherited problem.

They know what they got, and what they got is not someone who can throw a goal line fade on 4th and 2 when Tank Bigsby's in the backfield, and yet.

Same issue with having Hutson Mason roll out to do....who knows what at the goal line against SCAR in 2014 when Prime Todd Gurley's on the roster. Yeah, the bad player executed badly.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Sep 19, 2021

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Texas did their job efficiently which was nice. I don't think Thompson (or card) did much to change the qb dynamic there. Tech next weekend will be an interesting test of where they really are.

Pac12 after dark was some good stuff yesterday. Fresno really capped off the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

G-Hawk posted:

Tech next weekend will be an interesting test of where they really are

will it though