Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Make the SEC Championship the National Championship, nothing changes, everyone wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Make the SEC Championship the National Championship, nothing changes, everyone wins.
Honestly I'd prefer this. gently caress it.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Then you have Boise State potentially coming into the fold. I will say, the potential of them having a big boy schedule and just getting absolutely annihilated year in, year out is delicious, but I am sure there will be (even more) scheduling shenanigans to ensure high rankings.

Conferences were a fuckin' mistake.

Gonna need more than reporting from a Waco radio guy that the Big 12 suddenly decided it wants Boise in the last two weeks.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Fifty Three posted:

Honestly I'd prefer this. gently caress it.

Pathetic!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

General Dog posted:

Gonna need more than reporting from a Waco radio guy that the Big 12 suddenly decided it wants Boise in the last two weeks.

I mean Memphis was the only team seriously being talked snout and they aren’t adding one team

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

fast cars loose anus posted:

Oh also, from the SI article:

The solution to this is the same as the solution to the Notre Dame "problem:" tell them to stop huffing their own farts and get with the program.

The solution is that the Rose Bowl is cooler than the playoffs anyway so the Pac 12 and like . . . . the Sunbelt conference . . . they should just leave the SEC to have their own circlejerk and move on.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The Atlantic Sun has been rumored to be interested in adding a bunch of Division II schools and moving them up. North Alabama is already slowly in transition from DII.

Austin Peay has accepted an invitation to join from the OVC. West Georgia and Valdosta State are among the rumored DII schools they want.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Got free tickets for the Longhorns game this weekend. Will be my sons first game at DKR - we saw UT play Rice at Reliant in 2019.

I think it should be a fun one vs Tech.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, wasn't watching this game but heard about this. The let him score play was denied.

https://twitter.com/SickosCommittee/status/1441237749965545477

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Huh, wasn't watching this game but heard about this. The let him score play was denied.

https://twitter.com/SickosCommittee/status/1441237749965545477

It was obvious Marshall might try this the last 3 minutes, but it was well done. As the announcers said, great discipline.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I am just realizing that SDSU's season finale is at home against Boise State at 9:00 AM on black friday

Why is this a thing

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

a neat cape posted:

I am just realizing that SDSU's season finale is at home against Boise State at 9:00 AM on black friday

Why is this a thing

tv

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

a neat cape posted:

Why is this a thing

Gotta pay your dues if you want to be in a big boy conference

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Trying to imagine how few people would go to a 9:00 AM game in Tucson.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

The Atlantic Sun has been rumored to be interested in adding a bunch of Division II schools and moving them up. North Alabama is already slowly in transition from DII.

Austin Peay has accepted an invitation to join from the OVC. West Georgia and Valdosta State are among the rumored DII schools they want.

I really like this about college football is that a conference can just decide to be D1.

Rick fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Sep 24, 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
quote does not equal edit

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

TFF Pick 'Em entrants, don't forget there's once again a Friday night game on the docket (Wake Forest at Virginia), in addition to 24 Saturday games. There are a few real weird lines, imo, come and get 'em!

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Same reason every good OSU game is at noon and poo poo ones like Akron are night games.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Rick posted:

Trying to imagine how few people would go to a 9:00 AM game in Tucson.

I really like this about college football is that a conference can just decide to be D1.

Hell, no one even showed up to the 11am UVA game when they played their marquee OOC match-up for the season, Illinois.

https://twitter.com/BennettConlin/status/1436728878983221250?s=20

UVA drew the short straw and plays Wake tonight. I imagine the stadium is deserted.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/BrianMFloyd/status/1441427935345340422?s=19

Nick Rolovich is going to cost himself a multi-million dollar job and his buyout because YouTube told him to.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I assume that means they can fire him for cause, right?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/BrianMFloyd/status/1441427935345340422?s=19

Nick Rolovich is going to cost himself a multi-million dollar job and his buyout because YouTube told him to.

Friends don't let friends listen to the Joe Rogan podcast

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Komet posted:

I assume that means they can fire him for cause, right?

I cannot think of a clearer example of cause than "could not legally do his job because he refused to comply with a statewide health mandate"

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

MourningView posted:

I cannot think of a clearer example of cause than "could not legally do his job because he refused to comply with a statewide health mandate"

And one that the Supreme Court has said states and state schools have absolute authority. The case law is so open and closed that some law clerk somewhere writing their filing to the court won’t even have to dig very hard to find supporting decisions. Even in this current court. Gonna be hard to sue for that buyout money.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
the man is committed to the ideals of Coug'd It

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KKKLIP ART posted:

And one that the Supreme Court has said states and state schools have absolute authority. The case law is so open and closed that some law clerk somewhere writing their filing to the court won’t even have to dig very hard to find supporting decisions. Even in this current court. Gonna be hard to sue for that buyout money.

Yeah Barrett already declined to hear an emergency motion to strike down the Indiana vaccination mandate and if you aren't going to get even her on your side I'm not sure what the path here is supposed to be.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Mike_V posted:

Week 4 GDT: the man is committed to the ideals of Coug'd It

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Neil Armbong posted:

Got free tickets for the Longhorns game this weekend. Will be my sons first game at DKR - we saw UT play Rice at Reliant in 2019.

I think it should be a fun one vs Tech.

What section? I was gonna buy a ticket from a guy I know until I saw the start time.

I feel like this game could go either way. 11 AM vs Tech can't be good for the away team; Austin and Lubbock are that unfortunate distance apart where it's a longass overnight drive from one to the other, but not far enough to justify a plane ticket.

General Dog posted:

Don't know if this helps you, but David Smoak is a Tyler radio guy (I went to high school with his kids) and he is not the type to report on bogus rumors.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

I. M. Gei posted:

What section? I was gonna buy a ticket from a guy I know until I saw the start time.

I feel like this game could go either way. 11 AM vs Tech can't be good for the away team; Austin and Lubbock are that unfortunate distance apart where it's a longass overnight drive from one to the other, but not far enough to justify a plane ticket.

Tech flies, they've been in Austin probably since Thursday. Only the equipment truck drives anywhere. IIRC they had a SWA sponsorship a few years back that provided discounted/free charter flights for the football team, but that may or may not still be true.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

kayakyakr posted:

Tech flies, they've been in Austin probably since Thursday. Only the equipment truck drives anywhere. IIRC they had a SWA sponsorship a few years back that provided discounted/free charter flights for the football team, but that may or may not still be true.

drat, good for them. I assume the Texas team flies to Lubbock too then.

Does the Goin' Band fly too? Because the Longhorn Band does not.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

I. M. Gei posted:

Don't know if this helps you, but David Smoak is a Tyler radio guy (I went to high school with his kids) and he is not the type to report on bogus rumors.

Unsure, somewhere in the club level so free food/ice cream throughout the game.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

I. M. Gei posted:

drat, good for them. I assume the Texas team flies to Lubbock too then.

Does the Goin' Band fly too? Because the Longhorn Band does not.

Yeah, Texas probably flies. Goin Band busses to in-state games. They generally only fly to out of state bowl games.

In other sports, Tech basketball has access to a nice business jet they use to fly them around. Baseball busses in the state, but charters anything past like 6 hours. Women's sports generally fly coach.

kayakyakr fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Sep 24, 2021

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Sometimes I'm surprised that the schools with super deep pockets don't wet lease a 737 or two.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I. M. Gei posted:

I knew of him when he was in Waco on ESPN Radio from about 2010 onward; not sure if he’s still there or not. I don’t think he’s making things up, but it could be a case where his source (almost certainly someone in Baylor admin) is wish-casting.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Why would Baylor want expansion and why those two schools

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Why would Baylor want expansion and why those two schools

Not even especially a Baylor thing, could be just someone within Baylor floating it out because they personally think it’s a good idea, or because they heard heard the rumor from someone else and want to share hot gossip.

The more dubious question is why the Big 12 would invite three teams and then invite more teams like a month later.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

General Dog posted:

The more dubious question is why the Big 12 would invite three teams and then invite more teams like a month later.

First invite is to secure future and stop any more bleeding

Second invite would be to see if there was a way to make the conference better for the long term

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Syracuse is a dog against Liberty and so is the team that just thrashed FSU now that they're playing Virginia. The ACC is weird. Like paint-sniffing xort.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The whole college football experience is one neverending paint huff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Metapod posted:

First invite is to secure future and stop any more bleeding

Second invite would be to see if there was a way to make the conference better for the long term

Makes sense if you do those a couple of years apart.