Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

boop the snoot posted:

I am still in awe of that Oklahoma interception and I stop everything I’m doing to watch anytime it shows up on tv.

Just holy poo poo.

https://twitter.com/dylandylanshow/status/1439300179295883273?s=21

Some real OBJ-catch with added difficulty vibes.

Maybe try him out as a WR? Best catch of the weekend for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

itjustmeansmore.jpg

https://twitter.com/SECOfficiating/status/1439402225311354883?s=20

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Now where is the tweet about SEC officials not knowing how to count downs?

e: for those that missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C76ZzRVCa8Q

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I'll give credit to the SEC for clearing out most of the howdy-doody looking bank branch middle manager wingnuts from the officiating ranks (Penn Wagers, you are not missed), so at least this new generation comes at their incompetence honestly rather than having anything political behind it. That said, lol. They're so bad!

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

this would have been 100 times better if they hadn't added the bit about the penalty at the end. that just makes it really really pathetic.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Now where is the tweet about SEC officials not knowing how to count downs?

e: for those that missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C76ZzRVCa8Q

They didn’t want to put two messages on one day on the letterhead so they just put it out quietly

https://twitter.com/espnrittenberg/status/1439450572671881217?s=21

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Not that it mattered, but they also blew a fumble late in UGA/SCAR (knee was down for a good full second) and had the brilliance to double down on it by confirming the call on replay. In for a penny, I guess.

also this "by rule, we must execute a child at midfield" stuff is such C-level CYA. How about this, create a rule where, if every fan at home can see you hosed up, you stop the game, go back to where you hosed up, and undo the fuckup. It's a decade and a half after Oklahoma/Oregon and we're still doing this GOTTA GO GOTTA GO GOTTA GO RUN RUN RUN FROM OUR SCREWUPS RUN RUN RUN NEXT PLAY NEXT PLAY GO GO GO DON'T LOOK BACK DON'T FIX ANYTHING RUUUUUUUNNNNN routine.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Sep 19, 2021

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

boop the snoot posted:

I am still in awe of that Oklahoma interception and I stop everything I’m doing to watch anytime it shows up on tv.

Just holy poo poo.

https://twitter.com/dylandylanshow/status/1439300179295883273?s=21

Some real OBJ-catch with added difficulty vibes.

As great as this interception was it lost Oklahoma about 20 yards and for sure helped Nebraska get that last touchdown. Oklahoma still won so I guess the rule of cool prevails. Last year they played 2 bad games to start and went 1-2. This year they played 2 bad games and are 3-0 so it could be worse. WVU looks pretty good so I guess we'll see this upcoming weekend.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

MourningView posted:

will it though

I dont mean it as in texas tech is good, I meant I have no idea right now where Texas stacks up in the big12 this season and poo poo housing Rice didn't really help on that front. Looking forward to conference play.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

As great as this interception was it lost Oklahoma about 20 yards and for sure helped Nebraska get that last touchdown. Oklahoma still won so I guess the rule of cool prevails. Last year they played 2 bad games to start and went 1-2. This year they played 2 bad games and are 3-0 so it could be worse. WVU looks pretty good so I guess we'll see this upcoming weekend.

Rule of cool > everything you just said

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Iowa is going to destroy PSU, but for now I am savoring this moment.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Let's check in on how Texas State and its innovative "all transfers" experiment in roster construction are doing:

Oh man, oh boy. Not looking good, Spav.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Colorado looked really beat up so I can’t put this all on our execution but if the Gophers show up like that for the rest of the season then second in the West should be well within our grasp

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Fifty Three posted:

it'll be a 9-6 rock fight kind of game

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

still thinking about how kenny pickett had almost 400 yards passing and threw 6 TDs and pitt still lost to a directional michigan

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Well, at least Washington isn't going 0-12 again.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

nothing makes me happier than florida state being loving god awful

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Big 2010-2013 energy from Clemson this season... my body is ready to drop another game or 2.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Sash! posted:

Iowa Penn State is rapidly looking like it could be the biggest conference game of the year and that's not something I'd have suspected three weeks ago.

Its gonna be like 16-12, per the tradition of Iowa-PSU shitfests

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.

Scarf posted:

Big 2010-2013 energy from Clemson this season... my body is ready to drop another game or 2.

Hi. We will be happy to assist.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

code:
USA Today Coach's Poll
1 Alabama (64)
2 UGA (1)
3 Oklahoma (lol)
4 Oregon
5Texas A&M (lol)
6 Iowa
7 Clemson (super lol)
8 PSU
9 Cincinatti
10 Notre Dame (lol)
11 Florida
12 OSU (sort of lol)
13 Ole Miss
14 Iowa State
15 Wisconsin
16 BYU
17 Costal Carolina
18 Arkansas
19 Michigan
20 UNC
21 Michigan State
22 OK State
23 Auburn
24 UCLA
25 Fresno State
Can we talk about what a bad poll this is because this poll is horrible. This might be the worst top 10 in a long time.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

code:
USA Today Coach's Poll
1 Alabama (64)
2 UGA (1)
3 Oklahoma (lol)
4 Oregon
5Texas A&M (lol)
6 Iowa
7 Clemson (super lol)
8 PSU
9 Cincinatti
10 Notre Dame (lol)
11 Florida
12 OSU (sort of lol)
13 Ole Miss
14 Iowa State
15 Wisconsin
16 BYU
17 Costal Carolina
18 Arkansas
19 Michigan
20 UNC
21 Michigan State
22 OK State
23 Auburn
24 UCLA
25 Fresno State
Can we talk about what a bad poll this is because this poll is horrible. This might be the worst top 10 in a long time.

Unironically UF should be top-10 over OU, Clemson, TAMU and ND.

ESPECIALLY Clemson.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
FSU comments from Reddit:

quote:

Can fans use the transfer portal too?

quote:

2 years ago I said Jimbo dug us a hole and Willie took a poo poo in it.

Norvell being aggressive decided to set the hole on fire with us still in it.

quote:

Classy of wake not to run up the score… gg, best of luck the rest of the season, y’all have a good squad.

:bisonyes:

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

UCLA bring ranked is only slightly less baffling than Miami being ranked last week.

However, I'm somewhat convinced that there's one actual good team, 3-4 pretty good teams, and the next 30 or so teams have rough parity. If Nebraska can hang with Oklahoma despite playing some sloppy-rear end football there can't be much difference between #10 and #30 or 40.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

For those of you who went to bed, Northern Arizona beat Arizona for the first time since 1932. The year isn't what matters. Northern Arizona is bad. Real bad. Were 0-2 after getting smoked by two teams their size.

Arizona hasn't won since 2019. They're probably not going to win this year.

https://twitter.com/JustinESports/status/1439468469808877570

The long haul part is especially funny. This is Fisch's coaching history.

Wikipedia posted:

As a coach:
Gainesville (FL) PK Yonge (1997)
Defensive coordinator
New Jersey Red Dogs (1998)
Wide receivers/quality control
Florida (1999–2000)
Graduate assistant
Houston Texans (2002–2003)
Defensive quality control coach
Baltimore Ravens (2004–2007)
Offensive assistant
Denver Broncos (2008)
Wide receivers coach
Minnesota (2009)
Offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach
Seattle Seahawks (2010)
Quarterbacks coach
Miami (FL) (2011–2012)
Jacksonville Jaguars (2013–2014)
Offensive coordinator
Michigan (2015–2016)
Passing game coordinator/quarterbacks/wide receivers coach
UCLA (2017)
UCLA (2017)
Interim head coach
Los Angeles Rams (2018)
Senior offensive assistant
Los Angeles Rams (2019)
Assistant offensive coordinator
New England Patriots (2020)
Quarterbacks coach
Arizona (2021–present)
Head coach

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Fifty Three posted:

Spencer Petras is not destroying anyone but Iowa will dominate with three defensive or special teams touchdowns, obviously

KKKLIP ART posted:

code:
USA Today Coach's Poll
1 Alabama (64)
2 UGA (1)
3 Oklahoma (lol)
4 Oregon
5Texas A&M (lol)
6 Iowa
7 Clemson (super lol)
8 PSU
9 Cincinatti
10 Notre Dame (lol)
11 Florida
12 OSU (sort of lol)
13 Ole Miss
14 Iowa State
15 Wisconsin
16 BYU
17 Costal Carolina
18 Arkansas
19 Michigan
20 UNC
21 Michigan State
22 OK State
23 Auburn
24 UCLA
25 Fresno State

The Iowa Hawkeyes will just have to continue to prove the Haters And Losers of the Irrelevant USA Today Coach's Poll wrong

MourningView fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Sep 19, 2021

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Its one thing for Alabama to be in close games or even lose, but Florida did something we haven't seen in a while, made Alabama look mortal. Usually when Alabama loses, its to some super mobile QB who does crazy poo poo like Johnny Football, Cam, or Dak. Florida ran the ball straight at Alabama and did so effectively. I hope this is a sign that Florida has a really good running game, but I also think its a vulnerability for Alabama going forward.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The top 10 is full of deeply flawed teams, but it’s not like 11-20 is full of unfairly maligned world beaters.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Rank us cowards

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

Its one thing for Alabama to be in close games or even lose, but Florida did something we haven't seen in a while, made Alabama look mortal. Usually when Alabama loses, its to some super mobile QB who does crazy poo poo like Johnny Football, Cam, or Dak. Florida ran the ball straight at Alabama and did so effectively. I hope this is a sign that Florida has a really good running game, but I also think its a vulnerability for Alabama going forward.

Yeah, being able to actually get a push from the OL and put rushing yards up against Bama is the big big difference.

I was grumpy about the loss last night (especially leaving points on the board) but honestly, compared to the McElwain SECCG blowouts where we didn't even appear to be playing the same sport, this game was extremely heartening.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Others recieving votes:
Liberty 80; Kentucky 69; Texas Christian 50; Virginia Tech 49; Texas 42; Southern California 41; San Diego State 41; Kansas State 40; Memphis 27; Boston College 27; Maryland 26; Arizona State 26; Louisiana State 25; Wake Forest 22; West Virginia 19; UL Lafayette 17; Baylor 13; Army 12; Southern Methodist 8; Nevada 7; Stanford 6; Central Florida 6; Utah State 2; Tennessee 2; Rutgers 2; Texas-San Antonio 1; Miami 1.

Aw yeah baby you know what time it is

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

some FSU fan posted:

How much is NIL hurting the poor performing teams? Did the last play of the game against Jacksonville State happen because the DB was more concerned about creating a highlight by stripping the ball from the receiver than actually tackling him? The Wake running back got many extra yards because the DL were often trying to strip the ball rather than wrapping him up. Did Milton throw the ball into double coverage or keep the ball on the goal line run because it was best option, or was it to create that "NIL" highlight? I think this is going to be a big transition year for college football. Top teams will be fine. Middle and bottom of the conference are going to struggle with players working on a NIL payment rather than what’s best for the team.

another FSU fan posted:

Can we hire Muschamp for DC? He didn’t make it as a head coach but his defense was always great. Norvell can just turn the defense coaching decisions to him and let’s start by not having every QB we play look like a NFL super bowl champion

:D

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Roasted Donut posted:

it'll be a 9-6 rock fight kind of game

Iowa's quarterback is really bad, so it's hard to imagine them putting up more than 20 points. It's going to look a lot like the Wisconsin game.

Edit: I will also not be surprised to see a rematch in the Big Ten championship game. Ohio State looks incredibly vulnerable for the first time since Fickell was the interim coach.

But suddenly Michigan and Michigan State are looking pretty good. It's a long season.

Komet fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 19, 2021

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
Get you a girl that looks at you like Spencer Rattler looks at a receiver in triple coverage.

yes I shamelessly stole this joke from r/CFB

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Pobrecito posted:

Get you a girl that looks at you like Spencer Rattler looks at a receiver in triple coverage.

yes I shamelessly stole this joke from r/CFB

Honestly the AP poll is just as bad with the exception that you should be talking to your family about a top 5 iowa hawkeye:

code:
1 Alabama
2 Georgia
3 OU
4 Oregon
5 Iowa
6 Clemson
7 A&M
8 Cincinnati
9 tOSU
10 Penn State
11 Florida
12 Notre Dame
13 UCLA
14 Iowa State
15 Va Tech
16 Costal Carolina
17 Ole Miss
18 Wisconsin
19 Arizona State
20 Arkansas
21 North Carolina
22 Auburn
23 BYU
24 Miami
25 Michigan

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
David Bell is the greatest Wideout to ever play for Purdue and I'm just glad he's not seriously hurt.

https://twitter.com/DB3LL/status/1439648797840265222

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Komet posted:

Iowa's quarterback is really bad, so it's hard to imagine them putting up more than 20 points. It's going to look a lot like the Wisconsin game.

Edit: I will also not be surprised to see a rematch in the Big Ten championship game. Ohio State looks incredibly vulnerable for the first time since Fickell was the interim coach.

But suddenly Michigan and Michigan State are looking pretty good. It's a long season.

The fate of the East comes down to the answers to 4 questions.

- Will Ohio state stop rotating 35 players on the defense and just play the best ones (who are mostly freshmen)?
- What happens to the Michigan offense when they play a team they can’t just knock over at the line?
- Is Penn State capable of keeping up when Clifford isn’t at his absolute best?
- Can sparty score against a team with a pulse?

Of those, I’m thinking the answers to all of them fall under “maybe”. I think Michigan is benefitting a bit from the fact that even the hard noncon turned out easy and is letting them ease in. Ohio State clearly has a conflict in the personnel room because the best guys appear to just now be getting to play (you can live with making teams one dimensional—if you eliminate explosive plays and prevent everything 15+ In favor of giving up 1000 yards). Penn State looked good, but I feel like that was the same game Ohio State had against Minnesota where the other team ran at will against you and your quarterback played better than the other high variance QB. Sparty looked improved, but I don’t seem them running that well against big 10 line play. This is the most open it’s felt, but it also feels like these teams are going to be completely different in 4 weeks when depth starts to matter more and depth charts are solidified.

The West feels like one of Iowa or Minnesota. That Wisconsin team feels bad. No bellcow RB, high variance QB. They’ll go 9-3 but if they couldn’t run on that penn state team I don’t know.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

I hope mental midgets like these dominate Tallahassee for years to come. :allears:

downout
Jul 6, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

Honestly the AP poll is just as bad with the exception that you should be talking to your family about a top 5 iowa hawkeye:

code:
1 Alabama
2 Georgia
3 OU
4 Oregon
5 Iowa
6 Clemson
7 A&M
8 Cincinnati
9 tOSU
10 Penn State
11 Florida
12 Notre Dame
13 UCLA
14 Iowa State
15 Va Tech
16 Costal Carolina
17 Ole Miss
18 Wisconsin
19 Arizona State
20 Arkansas
21 North Carolina
22 Auburn
23 BYU
24 Miami
25 Michigan

PSU has a great win and somehow is ranked behind OSU? UCLA wat? Why is OSU even in the top 10? VT - is this from last week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

downout posted:

Why is OSU even in the top 10?

Makes it easier for them to get back to the playoff.