Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Opposite for me. My team had a really bad start but now all my big guns are finally healthy and popping off consistently. Still outside the playoff picture but I'm hopeful I can make it in.

that was me in lsl and now somehow I'm in 4th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

I feel like the writing's been on the wall for a while, but Landeskog getting knee surgery feels like there's a pretty hard ceiling on my season.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
My HHL team has officially crawled from a low point of 15th place into playoff position. Now I just have to hold it for three weeks!

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

My HHL team has officially crawled from a low point of 15th place into playoff position. Now I just have to hold it for three weeks!

You and I seem to be on similar trajectories right now. Now that my team is healthy, I have had strong showings against top teams in the league.

On the downside, there is 3 weeks left, and 8th-11th is seperated by 4 points. My guess is that 7th may be a little out-of-reach because of how little time there is left, so it's essentially 4 teams fighting for one playoff spot.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Cale Makar is so good that I'm considering keeping him because I "only" paid $85 for him, which looks like a bargain in retrospect

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Cale Makar is so good that I'm considering keeping him because I "only" paid $85 for him, which looks like a bargain in retrospect

the dude in 15th continues to hold on to McDavid and MacKinnon instead of selling for keepers at $176 and $179 so it's a strategy

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Asides Teemu being Separate Toews I'm unsure which goon runs which team, so good luck to everyone on the bubble in the LSL.

There's a matchup between #7 & #8 that's essentially an extra elimination game due to #9 thru #11 all being =< 10pts out, and #6 is also vulnerable, so 6 teams fighting for 3 spots in all likelihood.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

The battle for 8th place will be fun this week. Between me, Jamwad (I think), and Hopalong Studenich. I don't think I have been in a situation like this in all my years playing fantasy.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

pre:
Rk  Name  Old  Oppo  Wk.23  New  NRk
--  ----  ---  ----  -----  ---  ---
06  Puck  349  Lord  6-7-2 363  7th
07  Bong  347  Zucc  8-4-3  366  6th
08  Zucc  345  Bong  4-8-3  356  Out
09  Cale  341  Ginn  9-5-1  360  8th

Wk04 Bong 08, Zucc 06
Wk07 Zucc 07, Cale 07
Wk09 Puck 08, Zucc 06
Wk12 Puck 10, Bong 05
Wk15 Cale 06, Puck 05
Wk17 Cale 07, Bong 06
Wk23 Bong 08, Zucc 04

Unfortunately neither Zucc nor McGinn seem to be setting rosters, so it'll prob just be battles for seeding.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Apr 2, 2022

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Twin Cinema posted:

The battle for 8th place will be fun this week. Between me, Jamwad (I think), and Hopalong Studenich. I don't think I have been in a situation like this in all my years playing fantasy.

Yes I'm osti pastrnak. Lately my team can outscore everyone but has basically no goaltending anymore. It's also interesting that everyone in the 7-10 spots or so are all playing higher seeds this week.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Here comes my LSL season getting torpedoed because my best forwards have to get injured right before the playoffs. :shepface:

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Yes I'm osti pastrnak. Lately my team can outscore everyone but has basically no goaltending anymore. It's also interesting that everyone in the 7-10 spots or so are all playing higher seeds this week.

Congrats, one of the funniest ends I have ever been involved with. I was up 7-6 most of the week, and on the final day, T-Bone pulled ahead. I think you were down 7-5, but tied 6-6. Which made you and I tied to end the year, except you won the tiebreaker because you had more wins.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Yeah I couldn't believe it. I think it literally came down to the last few games I had, and what actually won it for me was the Flyers being bad and Provorov/Ristolainen blocked a bunch of shots, which flipped that category into a win for me

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Of course it was Provorov, the guy I dropped only a month or so ago.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I wasn't paying too much attention to LSL other than setting my lines and cursing how many of my guys were injured so imagine my surprise that Miss Chanandler Bong is in the playoffs now.

Looking back through my weeks I'm beginning to think I would have been better off dropping Georgiev for any random skater that gets hits, he got some wins but I usually had that in the bag and he was a real drag on rate stats.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Koopa Kid posted:

I wasn't paying too much attention to LSL other than setting my lines and cursing how many of my guys were injured so imagine my surprise that Miss Chanandler Bong is in the playoffs now.

Looking back through my weeks I'm beginning to think I would have been better off dropping Georgiev for any random skater that gets hits, he got some wins but I usually had that in the bag and he was a real drag on rate stats.

Ah, was curious who managed Bong. Among the 6 others in the playoffs, anyone know how many are goons vs off-site folks?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

kalensc posted:

Ah, was curious who managed Bong. Among the 6 others in the playoffs, anyone know how many are goons vs off-site folks?

I'm the Good Scheif. T-Bone is Lord Have Mercer.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Looking at my potential keepers for next year. Kucherov and Kaprizov are a definite yes. Leaning towards keeping Keumper, despite his cost, because I need a stable goaltender.

For my last choice, I am thinking Tanner Jeannot. But I had never heard of him until this year. His PIMs and hits are huge bonuses, but is there any hope for his offensive game besides a huge question mark. I guess being an undrafted player who debuts at 24, I already have my answer, but thought I should ask.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Twin Cinema posted:

Looking at my potential keepers for next year. Kucherov and Kaprizov are a definite yes. Leaning towards keeping Keumper, despite his cost, because I need a stable goaltender.

For my last choice, I am thinking Tanner Jeannot. But I had never heard of him until this year. His PIMs and hits are huge bonuses, but is there any hope for his offensive game besides a huge question mark. I guess being an undrafted player who debuts at 24, I already have my answer, but thought I should ask.

You've got a good keeper situation. I think I'd probably take Hartman over Jeannot. They're kinda similar and I feel better about Minnesota than Nashville.

I think I'm in a pretty good spot too but I'm having a really hard time deciding who I want to keep. Right now I only have one lock: Jason Robertson, who I kept for $2 last year, will cost $3 next season. That's a no brainer.

After that I have several cheap guys guys I'm considering for the last two spots and two more expensive guys:
Lucas Raymond - picked up for $2
Robert Thomas: - $0 waiver pickup. Not sure if he's flash in a pan yet since I don't really watch the Blues
Tage Thompson - $11 waiver pickup. Same thing about being flash in a pan. But he has C, LW, RW eligibility and he does a lot of everything.
Jakub Vrana - $7 waiver add
Bowen Byram - $5 waiver add. He's been hurt all year but when he's played he's been amazing, and he's on Colorado
Elvis Merzlikins - $0 waiver add. I JUST got him and the Blue Jackets are bad but this guy is definitely a NHL starter and if Columbus is even a little bit better he could be a steal/save me a lot of money on goalies.

The expensive guys
Charlie McAvoy - $46 draft pick. +20% on top of that is a great deal for a player who has been top 50 all season and will likely only get better as he gets older. Also a homer pick
Cale Makar - $85 draft pick. It's Cale Makar. If I err on the cheaper end with my other keepers I'd still have plenty to spend at the next draft.

I think I'm leaning towards Robertson, Raymond, McAvoy, and Makar, but I dunno. I keep thinking about the cases for all of them. Guess I have a few months to figure it out.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 7, 2022

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Hartman is also an interesting option. I guess I will also have a few more months to decide.

I think Robertson and McAvoy are the definite choices. I'd probably lean towards Raymond, too.

For the last choice? I dropped Merzlikins, and he was a frustrating goalie to have. Makar is Makar, but that price seems a little expensive (has a defenseman ever gone for more than $100?). I think Robert Thomas had some ~prospect~ shine to him, and he's finally breaking out this year. Byram seems a little dicey, even though I like him, just because of his injury issues.

I'd probably lean towards Thomas, but again, you have a few months to consider.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Yea Makar for 102 would be a lot, but he's a top 10-15 player in HHL and 102 is probably less than a top 10 player goes for if he's back in the draft. Obviously his scoring stats speak for themselves but he actually does pretty well at the Goon Stats for such a high skill player. He's got 78 hits and 91 blocks this season which is a lot more than I'd expect from him.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

That's a good point. I think when Makar gets drafted next year, if you choose not to keep him, he'd probably be going for the 90-100 mark. So it's not an overpay the more I think about it. Also, comparing Thomas and Makar, you may get Thomas for much cheaper price, but Makar has a ceiling of being a top-10 player in the league (I also didn't realize his hits/blocks numbers).

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i know scores don't matter until saturday morning but LSL playoffs lookin wacky

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Teemu Pokemon posted:

i know scores don't matter until saturday morning but LSL playoffs lookin wacky

You seem to have gotten unlucky with goalie starts at the worst possible time. :smith:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
death by three shorthanded points and a .943 in the same week :smith:

why you get injured kadri and skog

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

kalensc posted:

You seem to have gotten unlucky with goalie starts at the worst possible time. :smith:

i should definitely hit the minimum and I'm hoping i can still get 3 more starts this weekend. my whole strategy is just goalies who get peppered and try to win saves and punt the rest, so I'm not exactly off track if i can stay two starts ahead over these last two days

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

i should definitely hit the minimum and I'm hoping i can still get 3 more starts this weekend. my whole strategy is just goalies who get peppered and try to win saves and punt the rest, so I'm not exactly off track if i can stay two starts ahead over these last two days

Same haha

I'm a little concerned you're gonna steal saves from me. Wedgewood and Tokarski both putting up like 40 was not ideal!

Probably got 4 starters today and none tomorrow, which is also not ideal. Zero confidence I'm gonna pick the right guys.

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 9, 2022

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm really wishing the yotes would start sateri tonight so i can get him and kallgren today with wedgewood and vanacek tomorrow, but i think I'm just gonna get one today. not ideal but hopefully the caps give up some shots to boston on the 2nd half of a b2b

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I'm really wishing the yotes would start sateri tonight so i can get him and kallgren today with wedgewood and vanacek tomorrow, but i think I'm just gonna get one today. not ideal but hopefully the caps give up some shots to boston on the 2nd half of a b2b

Yeah if Sateri starts then you should win Saves. I was really tempted to go with Allen over Oettinger today for the total saves, but I was also worried about my rate stats - if I can swing SV% that'd be huge - and Oettinger has a better shot at a SO. Only 2 saves through 10 minutes though...

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
pastrnak being hurt this week is a big problem for my playoff chances

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Jake noooo

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i just lost a bunch of money betting oettenger over 26.5 saves because i thought he was going to gently caress me here lol

e: betting saros over and allen and jones under :monar:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

It's Luke Kunin time baby

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

corn on the cop posted:

death by three shorthanded points and a .943 in the same week :smith:

why you get injured kadri and skog

:smith: your roster was so dang dominant too, sorry that you got the double-whammy of hot opponent & injuries to stars just as the bracket kicked off

T-Bone vs In On the Cale Makar is crazy close, 7-6-2 overall with their stats differing by 2 or less in 7 categories (currently 2-3-2).

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Holy poo poo this is close. I have a few more guys going so I can hopefully win hits/blocks, but who knows. Gotta hope Saros doesn't go for the Preds so the goalie stats can be locked in as they are.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Strategically benching Ullmark to protect my rate stats. Can’t see how this could backfire!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

mentholmoose posted:

Holy poo poo this is close. I have a few more guys going so I can hopefully win hits/blocks, but who knows. Gotta hope Saros doesn't go for the Preds so the goalie stats can be locked in as they are.

Interesting twist: T-Bone is starting 3 players today that have already scored a goal this week, but 2 of them would be facing Saros should he get the start, and he's also got a Nash Dman. G, +/-, and Wins will have quite a dynamic.

Anyone know how a tie would be resolved, if it ended 6-6-3 or 7-7-1? The league settings mention "Playoff Tiebreakers" but that seems to deal with breaking ties to determine the Top 8 who qualify, and not in-playoff match-ups.

And even if the same rule applied here, their only regular season match was a 7-7 tie hah.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

kalensc posted:

Interesting twist: T-Bone is starting 3 players today that have already scored a goal this week, but 2 of them would be facing Saros should he get the start, and he's also got a Nash Dman. G, +/-, and Wins will have quite a dynamic.

Anyone know how a tie would be resolved, if it ended 6-6-3 or 7-7-1? The league settings mention "Playoff Tiebreakers" but that seems to deal with breaking ties to determine the Top 8 who qualify, and not in-playoff match-ups.

And even if the same rule applied here, their only regular season match was a 7-7 tie hah.

I believe the first tiebreaker is H2H and the second is just the higher seed wins.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I've had 4 goals and 2 assists from Justin Faulk this week which is crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Been using the app all season, and the screenshot shared earlier prompted me to check out the actual website.

.....oh I've been unintentionally handicapping myself haven't I