Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

I know there's a big debate around wood and coal ovens, and while I appreciate the allure of the coal fire, in the end, after a lot of research, and weighing my options I went with the classic wood oven. Sometimes though, late at night, I'll lay in bed and wonder if I made the right decision. If you want any beers I just stocked the fridge with a few. Got the Miller High Life and the Bud, but also a few IPAs in there. There's some wine as well! Maybe later I can show you the cellar! Got some pretty rare bourbon down there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

now that I put the dang thing in, I'm going to have to figure out how to mow around it. it'll change up my mowing pattern completely I guess, but I don't see how there was any way around that. I could have put the oven on the patio, but then it would be too close to the regular grill for an efficient two-station meal preparation setup. easy enough to change the mowing pattern, but there's the issue of the edges. god I may have to bust out the trimmer, haven't used that thing in over a year. need to check whether the string is still good, let me just put that as a to do on my palm pilot. yeah I have a fancy iphone now but I haven't figured out how to use it, the palm pilot is just simpler, you know? tried and true, no need to mess with perfection.

ty nesamdoom!

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Yeah, I mean, as president of the HOA, I figure I hafta set an example, y’know? People should want to model their yards after mine. Thinking of adding a deck and a swimming pool. Maybe above-ground...just a little less headache, y’know? My yard should serve as an inspiration for all the houses in the neighborhood. It’s my responsibility as the HOA president, really.

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Manifisto

I guess technically it was not the best idea to give myself a waiver on the HOA rule against pizza ovens, but that's totally different. people will understand that as HOA president, my pizza oven needs are materially different from everyone else in the subdivision. they certainly won't start asking me for waivers so they can put in their own pizza ovens, they know I'm generally a stickler on the rules.

ty nesamdoom!

LargeHadron

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
yeah i just had it put in yesterday

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Sucker weighs a literal ton. Shoulda seen the crane they had to use to move the pallets of bricks around. Had to pour a foundation 3 foot deep for it.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Alright who wants some pizza? Hey kathy, call up dominos!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Just kiddin don't think we're gonna be needing them anymore with this puppy!

nut

*fastens new apron behind my neck that reads, "I'M PART ITALIAN, I JUST LEAVE THAT PART IN THE BACKYARD"*

*is terrified to wear the apron outside of my backyard or when guests are over*

nut

*guests on their way, fastens around my neck on top of first apron a second apron that reads "PIE IN THE SKY? NO NEED, THERE'S ONE IN MY BACKYARD!"*

nut

gets a neck tattoo that says "PIE MAN"

nut

starts listening to soundcloud rappers and thinks maybe the Pie Man can have his come-up

actively seeks out articles about authors that didn't see success until they were in their 50s

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
*eating a delicious pizza with my beloved children and wife, slipping a pepperoni to the dog... audibly farting and saying "HOO BOY sounds like thunder's in the forecast" at least once per day... going to work and dreaming about the pizza, wearing a pepperoni and cheese printed necktie that my oldest gave to me to work, hoping people will ask about it... so many pizza secrets to share with the world... might make a food blog about it... make separate posts for all my custom burg inventions...gotta look into this squarespace thing... this might be big for me....*

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

How Wonderful!

*I make one post for a burg that is a South of the Border Delight with a Serious Southwest Kick... a Must-Try Masterpiece for Committed Chiliheads and then forget my log-in info for 3.5 years when I log back in and post about how to cook trader joe's eggrolls in the air fryer just right*

Manifisto

How Wonderful! posted:

*eating a delicious pizza with my beloved children and wife, slipping a pepperoni to the dog... audibly farting and saying "HOO BOY sounds like thunder's in the forecast" at least once per day... going to work and dreaming about the pizza, wearing a pepperoni and cheese printed necktie that my oldest gave to me to work, hoping people will ask about it... so many pizza secrets to share with the world... might make a food blog about it... make separate posts for all my custom burg inventions...gotta look into this squarespace thing... this might be big for me....*

Escape From Noise

How Wonderful! posted:

How Wonderful! posted:

*I make one post for a burg that is a South of the Border Delight with a Serious Southwest Kick... a Must-Try Masterpiece for Committed Chiliheads and then forget my log-in info for 3.5 years when I log back in and post about how to cook trader joe's eggrolls in the air fryer just right*

Lol

Escape From Noise

I see you, at the cookout, eyeing the pizza oven. "Hehe. Don't worry about it. I can't keep my eyes off her myself. She's a real beaut, isn't she? Yeah. I hand built her from a kit I bought online. Hahaha. Yeah. The ol' ball and chain was ready to kill me when she saw the credit card statement, but I managed to convince her to let me get it. Now, she loves it! This way I cook a few times a week, right? Hahaha!"

Soon I have you cornered. You clutch your beer helplessly, wordlessly hoping another guest will come to rescue you, but you're out of everyone's sight and nobody is there to interrupt as I go into a several hours long lecture on 00 flour, the differences between real buffalo mozzarella and that crap you buy at Kroger, the best olive oils for pizza, and how to make the perfect sauce with garden fresh tomatoes and herbs, or perhaps basil if you want to make a pesto pizza.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Sep 21, 2021

Manifisto

suburban dad insists fresh basil goes on all pizza, regardless of sauce (or lack thereof, although suburban dad strongly disapproves of this unless you are making a pissaladière or something)

nut

notice how there's a kind of dome structure? that helps with the ...heat

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

nothing hits quite like the digiorno out the real pizza oven

How Wonderful!

*buying the NICE prosciutto at the grocery store to put on friday's 'za masterpiece but slipping up and just eating it all in one go standing in the middle of the kitchen at 3:00 AM on Tuesday, thinking about how bad the end of game of thrones was, frowning*

How Wonderful!

*my daughter came back from her first semester at college and she's vegan now... trying my best to be a supportive dad and make her a meat free 'za... putting on way too much onions and peppers so that the crust is really soggy and weird but she eats it anyway because we love each other....unsure if cheese is vegan or not so I just put some extra pre-shredded Kraft mozzerella in a little plate and keep looking at it uneasily*

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Sep 20, 2021

Heather Papps

hello friend

yeah you can fit like *slaps oven* gently caress godDAMN MY HAND gently caress BARB GET ME SOME ICE

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

FutonForensic

I mean it's called a "pizza" oven but you can make anything in it really. pies, bread, uh [blank stare, pulls out phone, types something] fish. Yeah I'm going to put fish in this.

How Wonderful!

might try to make a crunchwrap in this bad boy next weekend... big time money saver in the long run honestly

Heather Papps

hello friend

made the bricks myself
*stares at you with the intensity of ten thousand suns awaiting one question "how?"*

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Pizza? Oh, uh, yeah, yeah that's what that's for. Sometimes I just really want a freshly baked pizza in the middle of the night. So if you see me in the back yard late at night, I'm baking a pizza. That's what that was.

Heather Papps

hello friend

oh yeah i guess you're smelling, um, dough? yeah. i'm making a lot of dough. that's what you're smelling. i have definitely not dug a hollow underneath the pizza oven and installed a still. not at all.

what's that? you... want a slice. yes. give me... 30 minutes.

How Wonderful!

afraid to be out in the yard at night because of raccoons/opossums/yard snakes... keep threatening to duck out and fire up a night za but everybody sees through my lies and sees the tiny little coward within

Farecoal

There he go
The raccoons have started using my pizza oven at night

nut

Farecoal posted:

The raccoons have started using my pizza oven at night

Escape From Noise

I have become increasingly convinced that inner-city gangs are going to commandeer my pizza oven and force me, at gunpoint, to make calzones to be redistributed among the poor.

Manifisto

*having cornered a reluctant neighbor couple during the party* "a conventional oven can get up to around 500 degrees, 550 at best." said the dad. "this baby goes up to twelve thousand degrees. that's enough to incinerate essentially any material you put into it: concrete, rocks, steel, gemstones. it can heat metal to nearly the color and brightness of the sun. it can get so hot it is technically classified as a weapon. we show up on spy satellites with the heat signature of a bitcoin rig or a small nuclear explosion. any pizza you might put into it would vanish in a puff of smoke, probably along with whatever you used to put the pizza in the oven. it could burn down not just this house, not just this block, but this entire neighborhood. of course," he rolled his eyes, "debra disapproves."

ty nesamdoom!

Escape From Noise

How Wonderful! posted:

afraid to be out in the yard at night because of raccoons/opossums/yard snakes... keep threatening to duck out and fire up a night za but everybody sees through my lies and sees the tiny little coward within

nut

How Wonderful! posted:

Escape From Noise

Manifisto posted:

*having cornered a reluctant neighbor couple during the party* "a conventional oven can get up to around 500 degrees, 550 at best." said the dad. "this baby goes up to twelve thousand degrees. that's enough to incinerate essentially any material you put into it: concrete, rocks, steel, gemstones. it can heat metal to nearly the color and brightness of the sun. it can get so hot it is technically classified as a weapon. we show up on spy satellites with the heat signature of a bitcoin rig or a small nuclear explosion. any pizza you might put into it would vanish in a puff of smoke, probably along with whatever you used to put the pizza in the oven. it could burn down not just this house, not just this block, but this entire neighborhood. of course," he rolled his eyes, "debra disapproves."

Geeze! Lighten up, Deb!

How Wonderful!

Manifisto posted:

*paying 40% attention but just watched a youtube video about wok hei and desperate to impress Kim from down on Poplar Ln, yeah in the little duplex, she and Paul just finalized the divorce and I meeeean...*
bet you get good wok hei in that thing huh?

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Heather Papps posted:

made the bricks myself
*stares at you with the intensity of ten thousand suns awaiting one question "how?"*

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

selan dyin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4fHlldbRHo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NumptyScrub

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Manifisto posted:

with the heat signature of a bitcoin rig or a small nuclear explosion.

:lmao: