Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

google THIS

It's a nice day for a white pizza

Baking in the backYARD AGAIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Playing air guitar on my camo-painted tactical peel.

gleebster

Only a howler
I'm not even sure if I like pizza that much.

nut

two weeks later, can’t see the pizza oven beneath all the reclaimed wood I found on the side of the road and left there for a sandbox I might buy for my 28 year old son in 5-6 years

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I need to tell this thread something: today we went in to the mountains to visit Bingo Bango's dad and exchange very late holiday presents, and he gave us... a nice pizza oven for our backyard. So right now our backyard is covered in snow but when Spring is here we will be able to make the magic of this thread come to life.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Escape From Noise

How Wonderful! posted:

I need to tell this thread something: today we went in to the mountains to visit Bingo Bango's dad and exchange very late holiday presents, and he gave us... a nice pizza oven for our backyard. So right now our backyard is covered in snow but when Spring is here we will be able to make the magic of this thread come to life.

Congratulations! I think you'll make a wonderful father!

Who's ready to chip in for a riding mower for the two soon to be dads?

Escape From Noise

gleebster posted:

I'm not even sure if I like pizza that much.

One dad pipes up with "You probably just haven't had the right one yet!" and suddenly, you find yourself surrounded by a heard of dads with spatulas and pizza peels saying things like "There are so many varieties!" "Have you ever had a white pizza?" "...or one with pesto!" "You have to use quality ingredients!" "Yeah! Yeah! Good quality Italian meats are key!" "I know this great little Italian market. Here, let me pull up the info for you!"

How Wonderful!

Escape From Noise posted:

Congratulations! I think you'll make a wonderful father!

Who's ready to chip in for a riding mower for the two soon to be dads?

I believe Bingo Bango is the dad of this equation because she immediately slapped the box the oven came in and said "hoh, let's get some pellets for this bad boy on the way home" and then referenced a store which tmk exclusively sells jerky and fisherman's potions and chainsaws.

Escape From Noise

How Wonderful! posted:

I believe Bingo Bango is the dad of this equation because she immediately slapped the box the oven came in and said "hoh, let's get some pellets for this bad boy on the way home" and then referenced a store which tmk exclusively sells jerky and fisherman's potions and chainsaws.

Dadhood comes at you fast

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill
pizza dads around the neighborhood come over to Dan’s for a beer and are stunned by his new green egg a new
neighborhood arms race begins

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Before Martha got pregnant and we settled in
the suburbs I was working for a high-powered legal firm in NYC. Of course I couldn't keep it up with a baby on the way. Most of my old friends are partners now. Some are judges. One is up to be picked for the Surpreme Court. Every month they're in the newspapers and getting fan letters from younger lawyers. Me? It's mostly writing wills for old farmers or letters to the HOA.

But this pizza oven... this makes it all worth it.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 6, 2022

nut

dad eating an entire pizza crust with peanut butter on it: haha I love normal breakfast

Escape From Noise

Bright Bart posted:

Before Martha got pregnant and we settled in
the suburbs I was working for a high-powered legal firm in NYC. Of course I couldn't keep it up with a baby on the way. Most of my old friends are partners now. Some are judges. One is up to be picked for the Surpreme Court. Every month they're in the newspapers and getting fan letters from younger lawyers. Me? It's mostly writing wills for old farmers or letters to the HOA.

But this pizza over... this makes it all worth it.

Escape From Noise

nut posted:

dad eating an entire pizza crust with peanut butter on it: haha I love normal breakfast

Bingo Bango

*cracking open the trunk of my subaru impreza wagon*

Yeah, just picked this bad boy up from my old man yesterday. He got a good deal on it too, which I was glad to hear because I don't want him going crazy on Christmas presents. Save that for the grandkids, amirite?

Now, she's no Ooni but from what I've read these knockoffs are about on par. Yeah some guy on reddit was saying he can get his up to about 890 pretty regularly but I'm thinking with the right pellets I can get this beaut up to a good 950. Perfect for some crispy thin za.

I'm thinking while the wife is at the grocery tomorrow, I'm going to swing by that cast iron store down on Rt. 2. Hear they've got hickory pellets and, heh, buddy you don't need me to tell you what kind of magic I could work with a 5lb bag of those.

How Wonderful!

Bingo Bango posted:

I'm thinking while the wife is at the grocery tomorrow, I'm going to swing by that cast iron store down on Rt. 2. Hear they've got hickory pellets and, heh, buddy you don't need me to tell you what kind of magic I could work with a 5lb bag of those.

Are you walking to this much bally-hooed cast iron store?

How Wonderful!

For sale: pizza peel. Never opened.

nut

nervous about not knowing what pellets are I throw them in a handful at a time from a safe distance, most missing the oven and falling on the ground

How Wonderful!

nut posted:

nervous about not knowing what pellets are I throw them in a handful at a time from a safe distance, most missing the oven and falling on the ground

pellets are the pizza's poop. they're extremely good luck

google THIS

Standing in the yard for hours, staring at the oven, trying to craft the best dad joke where I say what sounds like "Peloton" but I'm actually saying I'm getting my "pellet on" so for a split second they think I'm talking about exercising but it turns out that gotcha, I'm talking about making a pizza! Which is kind of the opposite of exercising!

Man it's going to be such an epic pun, the guys at work are gonna love it. I'm gonna use it at every opportunity. The kids will roll their eyes but I know that deep down they'll be impressed. This is gonna be great. "The Pellet On Guy," they'll call me.

Tiny Myers

say hello to my little friend

Pulling open the sliding glass door as fast as I can without breaking it, out of breath, visibly teary-eyed

Guys, sports team is losing!!!! :(

Thank you How Wonderful! for the autumn sig!

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Do you think the town would notice if I burned some trash in this thing? I don't want to have to drive all the way down to the hazardous waste collection site.

Escape From Noise

Buttchocks posted:

Do you think the town would notice if I burned some trash in this thing? I don't want to have to drive all the way down to the hazardous waste collection site.

Another Mestre da Pizza is born...

How Wonderful!

Just assembled our artisanal pizza peel and brought the pellets in... a chill wind is blowing....

How Wonderful!

How Wonderful! posted:

Just assembled our artisanal pizza peel and brought the pellets in... a chill wind is blowing....

Finger Prince

Kombucha pizza with lettuce on top is a bit different, but hey if it works for you go for it!

nut

hey can u ask the chef in the back if u guys have marg or do i gotta just have pepperoni again

How Wonderful!

Finger Prince posted:

Kombucha pizza with lettuce on top is a bit different, but hey if it works for you go for it!

dippin' my crusts in kombucha

gleebster

Only a howler

How Wonderful! posted:

pellets are the pizza's poop. they're extremely good luck

We use every part of the pizza but the squeal.

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Fueling my outdoor pizza oven with decks from the skateboards I confiscated from local kids. It's a crime not a sport!

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Mar 9, 2022

Escape From Noise

Bright Bart posted:

Fueling my outdoor pizza oven with decks from the skateboard I confiscated from local kids. It's a crime not a sport!

Longboards are okay though... right?

nut

*starts using the word “bunkie” and talks about building one out back by the ‘za oven. has no idea what a bunkie is*

Escape From Noise

Oh. A pizza stone? Yeah. They're a pretty good first step, but let me tell ya...[leans in close] can't get that bubbling and char from the radiant heat like you do with a real brick oven!

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Oct 16, 2022

Escape From Noise

How Wonderful! posted:

So...did you fire up any zas over the spring?

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piss And Shittium
Put mine in yesterday. Did it myself. Ain't no way I'm payin' some jackass to do it fer me. Got up at 5am, mowed the lawn, set some hunks o meat on the smoker, and started buildin'. Got the entire family comin' round later on today to try the bad boy out. Wish me luck, goons.