Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khad

third time's the HRAAAAAAAAAAAAALF
i don't know what you guys is talking about. I am having a great time with it and only experienced a couple of day one server issues. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Sorry, I'm just making jokes about a game I last played (poorly) in high school

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Still waiting on Nox Remastered

Escape From Noise

Bo-Pepper posted:

Don't Nox it 'til you've tried it!

idiotsavant

Bo-Pepper posted:

O drat, now that would be awesome. PvP was actually pretty fun

idiotsavant
Also rip torchlight which will never be remastered as it has been lost to the grody jungle of mass mobile game trash copies

Tiny Myers

say hello to my little friend

NumptyScrub posted:

Yeah I was shying away from mentioning that in the chill forum, but it is also colouring my decision to hold off and worry about it some time in the future :sigh:
I think it is important to mention bad things sometimes even in the chill forum. Not talking about social justice because it will harsh the vibe is how you get bad spaces where marginalized people with valid concerns feel uncomfortable. By mentioning it we continue to preserve BYOB as a cool space. :frogc00l:

Thank you How Wonderful! for the autumn sig!

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Tiny Myers posted:

I think it is important to mention bad things sometimes even in the chill forum. Not talking about social justice because it will harsh the vibe is how you get bad spaces where marginalized people with valid concerns feel uncomfortable. By mentioning it we continue to preserve BYOB as a cool space. :frogc00l:

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

diablo 2 was pretty good and fun back in the day. I had a barbarian with immortal kings set. Also I know a guy who dropped out of high school to play diablo 2 all day. (but with this guy, if it hadn't been diablo 2, it would have just been something else)

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
brewin' some scotch in my horadric cube

Ass-penny

Tiny Myers posted:

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

Buttchocks posted:

brewin' some scotch in my horadric cube

:trashed:

Escape From Noise posted:

Remember Diablo? He's back! Okay, not like the expansion pack, or the sequel, or the expansion pack to the sequel, or the third installment, or the expansion pack to the third installment, or the fourth one, or it's inevitable expension pack...I'm talking about a relaunch of the first sequel 21 years after it's initial release!

lmfao

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

vanisher

Remember Diablo? He's back! Okay, not like the expansion pack, or the sequel, or the expansion pack to the sequel, or the third installment, or the expansion pack to the third installment, or the fourth one, or it's inevitable expension pack...I'm talking about a relaunch of the first sequel 21 years after it's initial release!

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Percy Teatwillow

let us go out this evening for pleasure, for the night is still young

Tiny Myers posted:

i like the way you think

i haven’t bought the game yet, but i did play the open beta and it is, indeed, diablo 2 just like you remember. there are some QoL changes here and there but overall it’s just got a new coat of paint

THANK U Heather Papps !!

Gluehead posted:

i met snow at a restaurant once and i was like 'man, informer is a really good song!' and he just looked up from the bowl of french onion soup he was eating, mouthed the words 'gently caress off' and then he gave me the finger twice with boths hands, then crossed the two fingers to make a cross and aimed it at me
Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i still have the cds for d2/lod

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Khanstant
diablo 2 was shittier than the original good diablo. my question is, did they gently caress this game up for people who installed off their cds, like they did for warcraft 3? anyway, if youre playing d2 now i hope youre having fun, if youre not, i hope its because youre boycotting blizzard too and if so, good job i love you

Khanstant

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 25, 2021

Lock

Khanstant posted:

diablo 2 was shittier than the original good diablo. my question is, did they gently caress this game up for people who installed off their cds, like they did for warcraft 3? anyway, if youre playing d2 now i hope youre having fun, if youre not, i hope its because youre boycotting blizzard too and if so, good job i love you

the only thing that bothers me about this post is the first sentence

Khanstant
diablo 2 is a run-of-the-mill loot treadmill game, click click click, enemy die, get loot, click click enemy die faster now, repeat until carpal.

diablo was a spooky descent into hell, with scary encounters and not as many panic buttons or cheesy tools to scrape by. It was hard and like a real roguelike and tense game, I used to leave floors, maybe even restart the game if I encountered the Butcher i was so ascared of him. it also had a beginning and an end, there's a point where you win and you move on. Diablo 2 is just like "no no, play this exact same game over and over forever and we'll change the numbers a little bit because that way you can keep doing the same things forever instead of just going on to do a variety of things elsewhere"

Lock

i’ll give you this, you’ve convinced me to load up d1

but d2 is maybe my #1 pc game all-time. I dunno if I could choose from it, UT, FTL, and Slay the Spire, but somewhere in that group is my #1 pc game all-time

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
You kids with your diablos. Back in my day, we fought the real enemy, Hitler! And all we used was the starting knife.

Escape From Noise

Diablo 2: Diablo Harder

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Sep 26, 2021

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Ass-penny

2 Diablo 2 Die

Ass-penny

Khanstant posted:

diablo 2 is a run-of-the-mill loot treadmill game, click click click, enemy die, get loot, click click enemy die faster now, repeat until carpal.

diablo was a spooky descent into hell, with scary encounters and not as many panic buttons or cheesy tools to scrape by. It was hard and like a real roguelike and tense game, I used to leave floors, maybe even restart the game if I encountered the Butcher i was so ascared of him. it also had a beginning and an end, there's a point where you win and you move on. Diablo 2 is just like "no no, play this exact same game over and over forever and we'll change the numbers a little bit because that way you can keep doing the same things forever instead of just going on to do a variety of things elsewhere"

Actually this is real. I started on D2 first and had kind of had aesthetic issues with the first one, so I never ended up getting far in that one. But I was also not super interested in nightmare difficulty, I think I made it to act 3 in nightmare once? I'd just start the game over as a different class :shrug:

deep dish peat moss

I would really like to play this game because Diablo 2 is the most sentimental game of all time for me, but I don't feel comfortable giving Blizzard any of my money :(

deep dish peat moss

The real meat and potatoes of Diablo 2 for me wasn't even anything in-game, it was the complex barter economy and trade marketplace that got set up out-of-game at d2jsp.org combined with the ease of botting and Blizzard's hands-off approach to players using tools like bots. It became a fun, complex economic simulation with low barrier to entry that no other game has ever matched. It was like my own little satanism themed virtual day-trading sim where the currency was fantastic jewels and arcane runes and "forums gold"

I think the same is true for many other people who sunk thousands of hours into it, for anyone who played the game and went "ehhh" and is wondering why people liked it so much. And unless Blizzard is completely okay with players botting and using maphacks, this won't have anything near the same staying power that the original had. I would bet actual money on that being the key to the original game's continued success and devotion.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 25, 2021

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

this makes me wanna play some Diablo iii

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

Finger Prince

I just liked dungeon delving for loot. Solo. No online play, maybe played with some friends a handful of times. Never got involved in item trading or farming or anything. Just, spam click mouse, open every chest, break every pot. Play different characters for the cool new sprite attacks. But it's mostly a vague memory now. If I try to picture D2, I'm like, nope pretty sure that level was D3. And the desert level, yeah that was D3 too. I remember little kobold dudes shouting Rakiniku, who was a unique enemy, but, maybe they do that in D3 too? I dunno, it's all kind of a blur.

Escape From Noise

Finger Prince posted:

I just liked dungeon delving for loot. Solo. No online play, maybe played with some friends a handful of times. Never got involved in item trading or farming or anything. Just, spam click mouse, open every chest, break every pot. Play different characters for the cool new sprite attacks. But it's mostly a vague memory now. If I try to picture D2, I'm like, nope pretty sure that level was D3. And the desert level, yeah that was D3 too. I remember little kobold dudes shouting Rakiniku, who was a unique enemy, but, maybe they do that in D3 too? I dunno, it's all kind of a blur.

I thought the desert level was the expansion for D 2 since I remember playing that and I never played the third one.

Finger Prince

I thought the desert level was the expansion for D 2 since I remember playing that and I never played the third one.

I think that's why I never got the criticisms that D3 was a poor sequel to 2 because it wasn't the same thing only more, because to me it was pretty much exactly the same thing only more. I guess it was all the other stuff people liked about D2 that I didn't really get involved with that people were talking about.

Scaly Haylie

y'all mind if i play titan quest in here?

Scaly Haylie

but seriously i've owned titan quest for years and simply must get around to giving it a proper try. i have the switch version but i have no idea where it got to :sigh:

Finger Prince

Lizard Wizard posted:

y'all mind if i play titan quest in here?

Are you a titan on a quest, or on a quest for a titan? Or is the title just alluding to the scale of the quest?

Khad

third time's the HRAAAAAAAAAAAAALF
My necromancer is level 42 now :)

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
diablo 1 made me angrier than it did make me feel spooky or scared and therefore I flush it down the terlet

Scaly Haylie

Finger Prince posted:

Are you a titan on a quest, or on a quest for a titan? Or is the title just alluding to the scale of the quest?

the titans got out and you gotta go kill em apparently

Percy Teatwillow

let us go out this evening for pleasure, for the night is still young

Lizard Wizard posted:

the titans got out and you gotta go kill em apparently

hence the sequel, Titanfall

THANK U Heather Papps !!

Gluehead posted:

i met snow at a restaurant once and i was like 'man, informer is a really good song!' and he just looked up from the bowl of french onion soup he was eating, mouthed the words 'gently caress off' and then he gave me the finger twice with boths hands, then crossed the two fingers to make a cross and aimed it at me
Finger Prince

Titian quest - a game where you must find all the luxuriant Renaissance paintings of ladies with they titty out.

Scaly Haylie

folks i am now installing titan quest because i remembered i have the darn thing on steam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie

tit and quest