Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Texan benefits most from Tonight?
This poll is closed.
Deshaun Watson 1 3.70%
Davis Mills 0 0%
Tyrod Taylor 4 14.81%
Nobody. These events have no intrinsic value. 22 81.48%
Total: 27 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i heard there was football like product tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

jesus christ that head is gonna snap off and fly into the endzone on a bad blitz

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

dang whoever that guy is (looks like jimmy carrey) is cheeked up

also credit to the schedule makers, they manage to deliver every week for thursday night football, for years and years, its fairly impressive

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

im so happy about darnold, hes like a make a wish kid that managed to get their disease into remission :unsmith:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Has darnold always looked like this in the pocket. Wide eyed and mumbling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9kbruB2KXo

it is his brand

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Tim Whatley posted:

OH MY GOD

I put a random $10 on Darnold to score a rushing TD first, +1800

THANK YOU KING

:krad: can i have 10bux

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Alaois posted:

wait break that down for a non gambler how much money did the easiest read option ever just get you

these kind of numbers are always "bet $100 dollars to win x dollars"

so bet 100 to win 1800 drop a 0 = bet 10 to win 180

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

bean mom posted:

these kind of numbers are always "bet $100 dollars to win x dollars"

so bet 100 to win 1800 drop a 0 = bet 10 to win 180

negative numbers mean you must bet that number to win 100 dollars

so if the number is -250, you must bet 250 dollars to potentially win 100 dollars

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Cat Hassler posted:

Fascinating

not great value but it is also much much more likely to happen!

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

anyone else here read defector ? im talking with tom ley i might have a couple articles get picked up for them to publish in the next couple months :woop:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Defector is great. Any idea of the article topics?

yep yep personal essays about bein nearly a pro baseball player (d1 college, set to be drafted then injury), and then transitioning to bean mom later in life and growing into that, while all the bullshit that trans kids are having to deal with now in sports and in life looms large in my thoughts.

I'll also talk about my new efforts to reach out and coach and help this group that I find myself in after all these years while having these high level competitive sports experiences in mind. Going out and finding out directly just how badly women's sports are neglected and in shambles compared to men's sports, trying to find ways to improve this problem.

And the idea that most directly inspired me was sort of a question ive been kicking around in my head for years, as to whether or not my time in sport was wasted or not. I spent a large majority of my childhood teen and college years dedicated to training and practicing for this one goal, and i still didnt make it, and really none of the skills transfer over at all, and i have nagging injuries that will last forever. Would I even recommend to hypothetical children i'd have that they play sports at all? im not totally sure! I kind of wanna find out through writing this! I've begun playing summer baseball again this year after nearly 25 years not playing and it does feel like a missing piece of me has come back, and i really do want to explore what that means to me, and i think it will be interesting for readers to read about, and with all of this comes a strengthening of the resolve to fight for trans kids and their ability to play sports, which is really my goal in writing it all out beyond, hopefully, being an interesting read

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

oh no cmc, i hope thats one of the less serious tears of the thingy back there

is that an achilles?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

x2 bonus post

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

hey thanks yall :shobon: im very excited and im glad ya'll dig it

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i think thats a fumble but wont be called one

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Kalli posted:

Also congrats Bean Mom

im a mac, uh, mac mommy?

i kept trying to call into WEEI while i was stuck on the road today (dont get the hub in western mass :( ) to call for josh to be fired and to call mac a coward for not unleashing the dragon

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

cripes

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Kalli posted:

I mean DJ Moore has about 10 catches in the HIZ so far and the Texans offense is pretty unwatchable.

Unlike the true nightmare teams, they have a functional offensive line, so yeah, they can't be a true nightmare, but this is pretty drat putrid.

i think the bears are really close to becoming a nightmare team, just need like a montgomery injury and fuckin oof

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

general mills is playin like this is a bowl game

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

we got a footballs game

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

womp womp

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

cigar guys are generally such fuckin weirdos, we get it you like gumming a giant stinky tingly leaf

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

So I got sick of watching App poo poo themselves against Marshall again. Is this somehow worse football?

things are not good

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

loving cursed rear end game

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Asema posted:

i've been told numerous times that the nfl has the best playoff format why are they messing with it, greed?

for certain

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ok but will it make me mad in it's badness and lovely reffing?

its more of a glum kind of army march across barren wasteland, where guys keep dropping dead along the way, CMC is dead, probably for the year

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

jesus christ, in the gulf coast league he couldnt even ? ooof

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

Since my computer couldn't handle simultaneously streaming the game & Jackbox, I chose the latter.

So how's the gam-:yikes:

its your typical TNF slurry but the comedy clownball has been replaced with a kind of sad death-march towards oblivion

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Brett Favre in a Sirius XM commercial in a tub. Surprisingly no :dong: shown.

during the pandemic, Jenn Sterger was doing backstage interview work for AEW and my goodness she is still absolutely stunning. its such a shame she's forever associated with that awful man and that moment

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Qwijib0 posted:

a points!

i feel like thats probably game

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Panthers need a running back.

They should call *checks notes* Frank Gore?

DJ Moore the real slant boy of the NFC South.

for some reason Frank Gore has rejected all calls from NFL teams because he is insistent on launching a Boxing career

yeah i dont get it either

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

ozymandius1024 posted:

I wondered why they didn't keep her around, because she seemed really solid and had good interactions with the talent.

yeah she was absolutely great at it, and brought a lot of out the talent as you said, i wonder what happened, either her price was too high or she was booked elsewhere after

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i think ive honestly concentrated on like three or four plays in this game, the rest have been almost background noise and sight

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

kazil posted:

We all talk about how bad TNF is to watch and all, but today they announced there is a Super Mario movie with Chris Pratt as Mario so I guess TNF isn't so bad.

every day god tests us with even more atrocity

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

good block there whoops free release edge rush

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i would say go for it but also the field goal would be an insurmountable lead

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

jesus christ poor panthers this win has not been worth it at all

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

kazil posted:

Just start fining teams for lovely fields already

its honestly insane to me there isnt a standardized field turf that is cared for by national guys that have residence in every stadium

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Beo posted:

is that the third guy taken out by a god drat turf sniper?

and basically the 3 best players on the team too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Since Jackbox night is over I got the game on my TV via NFL Network while watchw.me is streaming Speed Racer.

Guess which is getting more of my attention?

speed racer fuckin owns