Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Texan benefits most from Tonight?
This poll is closed.
Deshaun Watson 1 3.70%
Davis Mills 0 0%
Tyrod Taylor 4 14.81%
Nobody. These events have no intrinsic value. 22 81.48%
Total: 27 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Holy poo poo shut the gently caress up troy aikman

I wonder if there's been a single Aikman game GDT where this or a slight variation on this hasn't been posted multiple times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Elephanthead posted:

It’s not working we can stop posting it

never

Play
Apr 25, 2006

When did the Panthers O line get so good? How did that happen

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Alaois posted:

the bad players got hurt and replaced by better players

This is crazy, I mean I know it's the Texans but Darnold is just chilling back there. Dude could light up a blunt and put his feet up as he leisurely decides where to throw the ball if he wanted to

Does anyone happen to know exactly who got replaced and by which better players?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

didn't get it

FizFashizzle posted:

Need to let sam keep that. It’s there every time.

no doubt. sometimes the zone read is most effective when no one thinks your QB would ever pull it, like Goff's long run against the Packers last week

Play
Apr 25, 2006

just hand the ball off to Mark Ingram, he's got 12 yards on two carries. Don't stop until you fail a fourth down conversion

or, you could put it in Davis Mills' hands. Your choice

Play
Apr 25, 2006

a million fantasy owners just poo poo their drat pants and a million others are celebrating right now

BlindSite posted:

gently caress. that's probably a season ender.

Why? It's a hamstring pull until we know otherwise

Play
Apr 25, 2006

It's probably just a hamstring pull not a tear. At least hopefully. He could be back next week or in two weeks depending on recovery

Or else it's a full tear which is a whole other story

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Tyrod was clearly doing a lot for these Texans actually. He played so well week 1

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Elephanthead posted:

Also playing the jags

I know that but even against the Browns the Texans looked so, so much better than this

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Here's to another 20 years of Tom Brady.

gross. you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

RumbleFish posted:

This game sucks now and I don't like it.

yeah I think I might catch this one later condensed. or maybe just catch the highlights on youtube (the ultimate insult)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

fsif posted:

It's sans Tyrod!

But also like compared to Jets and Dolphins teams we've seen in like just the last five years? The Texans are a pretty ordinary bottom five team.

I agree, they are not all time bad. They're just bad, and boring. But they still have some players who can make plays

Codependent Poster posted:

Texans are afraid to throw

they should be

Play
Apr 25, 2006

nice 'watch a man's soul leave his body' cam as they get them trudging downcast and injured to the locker room medical area

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Chinatown posted:

im ok with the baker mayfield commercials

thats basically my only opinion so far this game

this is becoming the common position tbh. and I get it, it's a decent gag that they can expand on endlessly and it works

Play
Apr 25, 2006

give it to mark ingram to run it in you fucks

Play
Apr 25, 2006

had no idea whatsoever that Anthony Miller was on the Texans

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Asema posted:

im trying to watch more football this year because why not and tonight's game has been fun

always love when you miss an xp though :cool:

please watch some other game before you decide whether you'll make it a regular thing, this game is awful.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

okay someone needs ot make a gif of david culley shaking Mills by his enormous neck

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Elephanthead posted:

We got 30 more minutes of this poo poo!!!

i assume you mean half time because that's probably how long that will take in real time

Play
Apr 25, 2006

shyduck posted:

I think we were too quick to anoint Darnold

no one did that

Asnorban posted:

I heard Darnold was CPOY?

crapass player of the year? yeah seems to fit

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Tom Sellout posted:

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1441217017919401986?s=19

Love to see a coach who adapts to the talent on the roster

okay if I don't forget I'm gonna make a gif of this tomorrow because Culley literally started shaking him by his neck and it was hilarious

Play
Apr 25, 2006

i thought it must've been holding. or illegal contact or whatever

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kalli posted:

In case you're wondering how bad of an idea the Monday wildcard game is:

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1441217759430340608

I don't understand why the player's union would allow this. It must already be in the agreement that the NFL can freely mess around with scheduling stuff like this

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ok but will it make me mad in it's badness and lovely reffing?

Not mad probably. Just sad. Sad at the choices in your life that led you here, to this moment

Play
Apr 25, 2006

bullshit flag he didn't even touch him

bean mom posted:

cigar guys are generally such fuckin weirdos, we get it you like gumming a giant stinky tingly leaf

cigars are irreconcilably linked with toxic masculinity, every cigar person I've ever met has been an enormous

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The Puppy Bowl posted:

What was Kirksey doing there? He didn't even hit Darnold hard. It's like the only objective was to draw the obvious flag.

he was coming to tackle him if he didn't go down, when he slide he tried to jump over him.. I mean that never should've been a flag

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ozymandius1024 posted:

It's because it was helmet to helmet

okay I didn't see their helmets touch I thought it was more like forearm to helmet just as he passed over Darnold

Grittybeard posted:

I also look straight at the ground when I try to jump. Can't jump without doing that.

Yeah he had his eyes on the player he was trying to tackle, who was sliding on the ground.. is that weird?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I only saw the wide shot of the play, looked like he was going for the tackle, darnold slid, he tried to avoid but made some light contact anyways but obviously that was not the case

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Are all these ineligible men downfield thing because the blockers for the punt are releasing before the ball is punted or something? That's happened twice now to the Panthers

Play
Apr 25, 2006

BlindSite posted:

that wasn't holding

he had his arm wrapped around his neck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

they keep showing what they think is Mcaffrey getting injured but it looks like he's just doing a high stepping move

also how many weak rear end flags are they gonna throw. refs are making this game worse than it needs to be by calling every tiny thing