Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Lib and let die posted:

BlockFi filed for chapter 11. And it's good news.

Recessions increase total efficiency by killing firms that destroy more value than they create.

The general economy experiences recessions every ten years. Crypto – every 2-3 years.

Conclusion: crypto evolves five times faster than the traditional economy!

Crises ain't easy. People lose money and jobs. But in the long term, it makes us stronger and more resilient.

So while taking our time to grieve and help those impacted, we also need to find a space for joy – crypto utopia is coming closer.

real sicko poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lib and let die posted:

BlockFi filed for chapter 11. And it's good news.

Recessions increase total efficiency by killing firms that destroy more value than they create.

The general economy experiences recessions every ten years. Crypto – every 2-3 years.

Conclusion: crypto evolves five times faster than the traditional economy!

Crises ain't easy. People lose money and jobs. But in the long term, it makes us stronger and more resilient.

So while taking our time to grieve and help those impacted, we also need to find a space for joy – crypto utopia is coming closer.

Youtube has been serving me Fidelity ads about crypto investment. The crypto bubble exploding and taking out the rest of the economy is going to be ftw.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Youtube has been serving me Fidelity ads about crypto investment. The crypto bubble exploding and taking out the rest of the economy is going to be ftw.

Proves it's real currency!!! How else could it cause a recession

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
on our progressive am station in LA they have a whole couple hours devoted to investing tips, mainly in crypto

the host’s most convincing pull to keep the faith among her listeners is “well I’ve been doing this for ten years and have seen countlesss collapses, rugpulls, and blatantly criminal activity, that’s just how it is, anyway let me talk about NFTs for a while.”

honestly gotta give credit it’s a more confident response to this than the losers whining about the deep state fleecing them for the nth time

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Some grifters are moving from “crypto is a sure thing, an easy path to financial independence, the smartest among us will get on this early” messaging to “crypto is full of scams, a tricky minefield of opportunities, the smartest among us will ignore the scams and invest in this new crypto that’s impossible to lose money on” messaging, so that checks out.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Some grifters are moving from “crypto is a sure thing, an easy path to financial independence, the smartest among us will get on this early” messaging to “crypto is full of scams, a tricky minefield of opportunities, the smartest among us will ignore the scams and invest in this new crypto that’s impossible to lose money on” messaging, so that checks out.

it’s been the same story since mt gox (maybe earlier)

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Sam Bankman-Fried: "Maybe it was Allah (PBUH) that took the billions of suck- er, I mean good-hearted clients money? :shrug:"

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Troubling.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i hate these loving people so much, lmfao at the warriors for getting completely robbed though

https://www.vice.com/amp/en/article/m7gnjp/heres-all-the-lawsuits-against-ftx-so-far

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
do you reckon bernie could beat sam in the league of legends?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

do you reckon bernie could beat sam in the league of legends?

"Sam Bankman-Fried, as a rich person you can get off Scott free if you pass our esoteric trial."

"Ok, what?"

"1v1 AOC Bo3 in league lol"

"Oh gently caress"

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o_jPzBZSIo

This guy got SBF to admit that FTX had used customer assets under the standard terms of service to pay off investors who had made more risky investments under a different terms of service. Which is definitely fraud

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i am incapable of watching more than half a second of that video, sorry

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i hate these loving people so much, lmfao at the warriors for getting completely robbed though

https://www.vice.com/amp/en/article/m7gnjp/heres-all-the-lawsuits-against-ftx-so-far

steph curry's easily parted with his money it seems

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
why even own a house when you can stay warm in your bitcoin mine this winter

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

why even own a house when you can stay warm in your bitcoin mine this winter

Limited time offer. offer not available in the EU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://watcher.guru/news/ftx-inner-circle-had-a-group-chat-named-wirefraud?c=306

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Dude, I'm dying from laughter

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
mycrimes.zip

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/AlanDersh/status/1602840645277810689?cxt=HHwWgoC81ePEt74sAAAA

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ekuNNN has issued a correction as of 17:37 on Dec 14, 2022

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
I don’t think that’s a face for any kind of public facing role

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

That motherfucker cold misspelled Israel

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Mary Annette posted:

death, too, is real

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Mary Annette posted:

There's a whole bunch of typos in there

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

paul_soccer12 posted:

i am incapable of watching more than half a second of that video, sorry

its all hosed up and why is it 23 minutes long

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Boomers catch on to crypto being bullshit, predictably articulate the fact in the most meandering and obtuse way possible

quote:

Subject: Re: Fwd: A Simple Analogy of How Cryptocurrency Works

Not long ago a merchant found many monkeys living near a certain village.

One day he came into the village stating that he wanted to buy these monkeys.

He announced that he would buy the monkeys for $100 each.

The villagers thought that this man must be crazy - How can somebody buy stray monkeys at $100 each?

Still people caught some monkeys and sold them to the Merchant for $100 each.

This news spread like wildfire and more people caught monkeys and sold them to the Merchant.

After a few days, the Merchant announced that he would now buy monkeys for $200 each.

The laziest villagers now ran around to catch the remaining monkeys!

They sold the remaining monkeys at $200 each.

The Merchant then announced that he would buy monkeys for $500 each!

The villagers start to lose sleep! They caught six or seven monkeys, which was all that were left and got $500 each.

The villagers were awaiting anxiously for the next announcement.

Then the Merchant proclaimed that he is going on holiday for a week, but when he returned would buy monkeys at $1000 each!

He also said that in his absence his Employee would be in charge to take care of the monkeys he had purchased.

The Merchant went on holiday.

The villagers were frantic and very sad as there were no more monkeys left for them to sell at $1000 each as promised by the Merchant, but then the Merchant's Employee publicized that he would secretly sell some monkeys at $700 each.

The news spread like wildfire as the Merchant had promised that upon his return monkeys would be purchased for $1000 each, a $300 profit for each monkey.

The next day the villagers queued up near the monkey cage.

The Employee sold all the monkeys at $700 each. The rich villagers bought monkeys in large lots, and the poor borrowed money from money lenders and bought the rest of the monkeys.

The villagers took care of their monkeys and waited for the Merchant to return.

When the Merchant didn't return they searched to for the Employee, but he could not be found either.

Eventually the Villagers realized that they have been duped into buying the useless stray monkeys at $700 each and were now unable to sell them for any amount.

This Monkey Business is now known as cryptocurrency.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I would buy a monkey for $700.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Weka posted:

I would buy a monkey for $700.

Same. That sounds like a good deal.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Boomers catch on to crypto being bullshit, predictably articulate the fact in the most meandering and obtuse way possible

explaining a ponzi scheme to a feudal serf

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

learning a lot from bitcoin people

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

AnimeIsTrash posted:

learning a lot from bitcoin people

This poo poo breaks my brain.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Another Bill posted:

this is my favorite recent one

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Another Bill posted:

crypto guy are right-wing but also perfectly centrist. what’s not to understand? :eng101:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

It is really funny to have Noah Smith and Vladimir Putin on the same chart

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I'm Cyber-Anarchist.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

webcams for christ posted:

Noam Chompsky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

webcams for christ posted:

idk it was pretty "techno optimist" of hillary to let a computer run her campaign