Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Oh poo poo, thanks.

Threasd closed

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Revins posted:

What was she voting on here? was it raising the minimum wage to $15/hr?

yup!

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Literally A Person posted:

I do not believe in judging people based upon the clothes they wear. I know I am the proverbial guy who lives in a glass house. Being kawaii in the senate is not right.

Look it's just my opinion, who cares if I'm in the 0.0001% of people who agree with X, Jazz Punk is GOOD!!!

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
quirky isn't going away because people are getting fatter every year, the new race amorphous blob humans require alternative distinguishing features.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Theres a guy i know near here who is in his 30s and still makes and sells quirky Jonen Vasquez still edgy art and it mad cringe but its working for him so can I truly hate on it i don't know

Tophereth
Mar 27, 2009

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I don't loving know. I only read the last post

i only read the last post of the first page

edit:
such a coincidence

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Literally A Person posted:

Being kawaii in the senate is not right.

Look I'm 100% fine if elected officials in high office are all Kawaii or what not as long as they're not evil.

Like I honestly don't care how annoying politicians are as long as their not actively trying to make the world worse for large amounts of people at the same time.

You wouldn't think that would be to high a bar, but well, here we are.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

SUPER KAWA-II

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
The guy equivalent is "nerdy". When a girl says it means she kinda likes Star Wars or something, when a guy says it they're a brony or some disgusting poo poo.

E: changed Star Trek to Star Wars for obvious reasons

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

AHH F/UGH posted:

hi every1 im new!!!!!!! *holds up spork* my name is katy but u can call me t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me ^_^… im 13 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch invader zim w/ my girlfreind (im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! shes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!
DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein random again ^_^ hehe…toodles!!!!!

love and waffles,

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

my new Tinder profile thx, only problem is the whole thing doesnt fit (which was my old profile)

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

every person on earth has quirks
"i am kinda quirky" is like saying "i need water to live D'OH"

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

Parsley posted:

every person on earth has quirks
"i am kinda quirky" is like saying "i need water to live D'OH"

Exactly, now imagine how weird it would be for someone to specifically call out that fact on their profile. "I'm 24 I like cats and I need water to live."

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

Trick question, "I like cats" is the bigger red flag.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

You Are A Elf posted:

Are "quirky" and "twee" the same thing, or two completely different descriptions?

twee is some dumb cupcake poo poo or a white person doing a terrible acoustic cover of a hip hop song while wearing a trilby and encouraging their trombone playing friends to join in

quirky is a virgin with no other way to get rear end so they do weird insecure random poo poo to try to construct a personality around

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

naem posted:

I’d also very much like to put my penis inside of Zoey Dachenel if she were into the idea, she could wear glasses and make choo choo train noises I wouldn’t be upset

she is attractive but all that stuff is a monster boner killer. idk how you could possibly get past all the cultivated quirkiness, being near her would be like using a typewriter to post on twitter

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

AHH F/UGH posted:

hi every1 im new!!!!!!! *holds up spork* my name is katy but u can call me t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me ^_^… im 13 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch invader zim w/ my girlfreind (im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! shes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!
DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein random again ^_^ hehe…toodles!!!!!

love and waffles,

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

Get the gently caress out of my middleschool headspace years.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
If I still had a pair of Tripps that would fit...

naem
May 29, 2011

zedprime posted:

I've never really had a fetish but I'm afraid this has awoken something inside me.

another option Zoey Dachanel has is like wear a funny hat and blow into a kazoo, and put a xylophone on my butt, you know while while we’re doin it, and she can play a little song on the xylophone, that would also be just fine with me

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Mayhaps we got to be done with horny too

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Yeah we just call spergs spergs these days :shrug:

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

i use mason jars as cups in my home, to drink from, and it's actually very practical and fun

wont you sit with me, on my giant oversized beanbag chair couch

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

This was so incredibly bad that it's burned into my memory and I hate that I recognize it

old beast lunatic posted:

Yeah we just call spergs spergs these days :shrug:

Man, don't do that

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I only like twerky girls
quirky girls can hit the road
cuz its my way
my way or the high way
-ferd durst

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

Exactly, now imagine how weird it would be for someone to specifically call out that fact on their profile. "I'm 24 I like cats and I need water to live."

My hobbies are music, food, and just hanging out.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

sugar free jazz posted:

i use mason jars as cups in my home, to drink from, and it's actually very practical and fun

Old jars are basically free, they can usually hold a lot of liquid, and they're usually hard to break, which is great for share houses or in a house with a lot of kids.

Like owning a couple of different sized glasses is good. Always weirded out by people who have like ten identical mugs, ten identical square glass, and ten identical champagne glasses and... literally nothing else. At least have a few plastic and metal cups. Like so many different situations they can be useful for!

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Quirky is over. All the cool kids these days are "zany".

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

isnt everyoen just fuckign all the time now so there's no need for weird cultivated personality traits

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Gentle Autist posted:

isnt everyoen just fuckign all the time now so there's no need for weird cultivated personality traits

Actually they're loving less than ever.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Jazz Punk was a good game. Also quirky is for those who failed at actually being crazy. Quirky people are failures. Always have been, always will be.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm lolrandom and also llama sauce!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
There's a bunch of adjectives out there that should immediately be seen as red flags when someone refers to themselves as such. The kind of traits you see on fictional characters that are interesting/likable in the context of their media but are overall pretty shallow vessels for the audience to project their "if only people could see me like that" personality onto.

Blunt is another good one, where the self describer envisions themselves as the protagonists straight shooting dependable buddy, a rock that holds the hard truth firm against the relentless stream of society. Instead they just say flagrantly offensive poo poo for no reason and crumble over even the slightest of criticisms.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 20 days!)

i think people just shouldn't describe themselves

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ArbitraryC posted:

Blunt is another good one, where the self describer envisions themselves as the protagonists straight shooting dependable buddy, a rock that holds the hard truth firm against the relentless stream of society. Instead they just say flagrantly offensive poo poo for no reason and crumble over even the slightest of criticisms.

Look I'm just keeping it real 💯 and it's not at all just me being a tactless rear end hat

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

The Bloop posted:

I'm lolrandom and also llama sauce!

I am extremely cringe.

That's the freshest one, hot off the press. Calling bad things cringe is 2020. Calling yourself cringe is where we're going next.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, I play pro position. Does that make me quirky? I don’t really know. :shrug:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, I play pro position. Does that make me quirky? I don’t really know. :shrug:

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Yeah, I put eyelashes on my car, her name is Diane

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Frankenstyle posted:

Quirky is a spectrum that ranges from A: Desperate for Attention to Z: Keeps Their Mothers Head in a Hatbox in the Freezer. The whole thing is pretty much a false vacuum state just waiting to tip over and kill your dog.

Plus Zooey Deschanel is the human manifestation of the fingernails on a chalkboard noise.
Oh but so pretty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

This is correct the male version of quirky is dorky