Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
What's an autodidactic academic polymath to do if I can't put these words in my twitter bio

rational! logic! i loving love science!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Literally A Person posted:

Wait, so this thread seems to be implying that quirky is a feminine coded description so what is male quirky? Jokerfied???

"Quirky" is the feminine element of an otherwise insufferable person that makes the manic pixie dream girl endearing to the protagonist instead of annoying as hell. For people who aren't the protagonist, this doesn't necessarily work. It is just known to work on the protag, who is a straight laced dude who was just going out for a coffee and ran into this quirky girl who changed his life and brought him adventure

I dunno what that is for men because I don't think of men romantically or sexually but surely someone out there knows what that's like, to have thoughts of romance

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

This was so incredibly bad that it's burned into my memory and I hate that I recognize it

old beast lunatic posted:

Yeah we just call spergs spergs these days :shrug:

Man, don't do that

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I like that quirky where they have a really old sweater that they love to wear around the house and it's one of those huge knit ones but obviously handmade, and you think they made it but turns out it was made by her dead grandma and she doesn't like sweaters in general, just that one, even though it makes her look kind of ratty

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I wanna see how some dudes who insist on making jokes about wanting to masturbate to something would handle everyone nearby coordinating to make the same joke but with a variety of other methods, equipment, and equipment