Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Dallas fans watching this game going to get some PTSD lol...

team just habitually quits in the 3rd period under Bowness.

**eh to be fair I probably wouldn't have cared / noticed if not for the broadcast calling it out in the intermission lol.. "the Stars lost the lead in the 3rd period more than any other team last year, will this year be different? this changes now!"

20 minutes later: nope

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Sep 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don’t think your commentary guys even mentioned once how the cats were for the most part AHL dudes with the odd person whose played games with us before. They mentioned lack of Barkov right at the very end, but man they were kinda acting like these were even strength squads out there.

?? I think they pointed out a few times it was a pretty green roster from Florida from what I've heard. I'm not entirely surprised Florida played well, their entire roster already had 1 game underneath them whereas 80% of the Stars roster was playing their first time this year.

Dallas was pretty solidly the better squad, Gibson just outplayed Oettinger by a wide margin.. I'm not unhappy about the effort level overall, but the impression of having the Stars play the entire 10 last minutes of the game in their own end trying to nurse a 1 goal lead before losing in extra time (something they did more than any other team by a wide margin last year and are ALREADY 0-0-2 this preseason lol) is not good for the fan's confidence

on a related note Oettinger might have just signed his ticket to the AHL.. it was pretty clear that was going to be happening anyway, but the optics of having him let 3 goals in right through him after Holtby played really well in St Louis was not good.

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Sep 30, 2021

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

lol I got home from work and Dallas is down 4-0 in the 1st period

maybe I can find some better things to do with my free time tonight