Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Maybe we should all be like that one guy in the Star Citizen thread years ago who kept a list of every poster he came across and noted down any personal information about them they revealed in their posts in like a huge spreadsheet or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I choose not to think of goons as humans

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Unless you meet someone on the internet they are just words, words that could have been by an intelligent (or in the case of goons, not) bot.

Markov chain some poo poo together, add a lol to the end, bam, internet people.

Nothing is real, everything is a lie, shitpost and burn the internet to the ground.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

in teh indenets no 1 knows ur a dog. lol

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Torquemada posted:

Maybe we should all be like that one guy in the Star Citizen thread years ago who kept a list of every poster he came across and noted down any personal information about them they revealed in their posts in like a huge spreadsheet or something.

FYAD does this but only 'ironically'

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Treecko posted:

Honest answer, I'm guilty of this and I'm wrong a lot. Shitposts are always masculine in my head. Any time someone changes their name or avatar they're a dude again in my head until I figure out otherwise.

I'm a regular enough lady irl and my similarly aged co-workers are all dudes who know about SA, newgrounds, 4chan and early internet shenanigans, so I kinda still feel like I'm right most of the time.

Personally I prefer my ladies irregular, you know, with lumps.

Torquemada posted:

The idea of goons.xls predates the game I'm pretty sure but I love that someone admitted to actually using one. I'm sure they weren't the only one though.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I picture everyone here to look like a stereotype 2000s neckbeard goon unless you have either a good av that I remember or I know what you look like anyway

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
untill otherwise proven i think you're all just like me :colbert:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Big Beef City is actually female. The signs are all there.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
All male goons look like fat jimmy savile and all female goons look like fat jimmy savile with a bow in their hair

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Mods are literally fat jimmy savile

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
If you go back far enough in my post history you'll see me correcting goons who "called me a dude"

...I'm a dude now. Goons predicted my gender

the holy poopacy posted:

people with female avs are girls. people with male avs are boys. this is just how medical science works.

:hmmyes:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

STABASS posted:

I choose not to think of goons as humans

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Gotta solve the problem of other minds before any of this matters anyway

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Anticheese posted:

this could be tricky.

You are the anthropomorphic personification of the concept of the process of building a retro-futuristic sexbot

To me, at least

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

Smugworth posted:

Big Beef City is actually female. The signs are all there.

I knew this because of their big floppy udders

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
poo poo I was thinking of Booger Baby goddammit hosed up again.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
If someone expresses concern about another person's feelings, they're usually a woman.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

The real question is if the poster is a clown.

(the answer is always yes)

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I read every post in my own voice.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'm just two innocent raccoons loving in your fireplace teehee

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Torquemada posted:

Is there a link to this thread? TIA

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

You mean you don't have a spreadsheet for every poster? Heh, entering "a rube" for your cell :smuggo:

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

But what if they don't have an avatar?

:smuggo:

No, really. I think you can tell once you start to recognise a few usernames. I mean, there are posters that I would never, ever mistake for any other gender than what they claim to be and their posting style proves it.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Using my crystal ball I can infer sexual orientation and cultural ancestry from as little as 3 words in a post

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Vampire Panties posted:

Is there a link to this thread? TIA
Current Star Citizen Thread
Caveat Emptor: this is the most recent of perhaps 7 threads detailing the SC saga which has been rolling for almost 10 years. The first post contains links to the earlier iterations, which total over 22,000 pages, or around 1,100,000 posts.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
im a boy

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Just smell the post OP. If it smells like socks and Mtn Dew it's a boy post and if it smells like roses and hairspray it is a lady post.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Only girls like baseball, boxing, mma, or wrestling

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

untill otherwise proven i think you're all just like me :colbert:

Quoting to agree with myself.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Lieutenant Dan posted:

If you go back far enough in my post history you'll see me correcting goons who "called me a dude"

...I'm a dude now. Goons predicted my gender

:hmmyes:

:respek:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Yes, easily. I can also tell how they would smell in real life, the colour of their eyes, and how beautiful they are (usually it is very).

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Poohs Packin posted:

FYAD does this but only 'ironically'

you know somehow i think what really gets you is they will never give a gently caress who you are. The arrogance that you think you'd make a spreadsheet.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

the holy poopacy posted:

people with female avs are girls. people with male avs are boys. this is just how medical science works.

My avatar features both a woman and a man. I'm so confused right now...

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Also, I just presume everyone is a elf, because it's better that way.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

You Are A Elf posted:

Also, I just presume everyone is a elf, because it's better that way.

That’s weird. I presume everyone is a screaming skeleton.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Schweinhund posted:

If someone expresses concern about another person's feelings, they're usually a woman.
Similarly if someone seems to prioritize their own feelings above the health and safety of literally everyone else in the world, well...

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Spinz posted:

Oh yeah and the ones that did like a 3rd of them thought I was an alt of Picks
oh my God did that piss her off, it could have been insulting but I thought it was really funny how much it pissed her off.

It was SO STUPID we posted nothing alike.

I actually got probed for ban evasion as an alt of Picks when a mod listened to goons who assumed I was her. That mod did not last.

Whatever happened to Pick? Did she get perma’d or something?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
She grew weary of living a double life and now only posts under her other persona, Spinz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm Pick.