Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

sharknado slashfic posted:

Everybody is talking about the Detroit Lions

A masterpiece today, boys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

When the game is on the line you put the ball in the hands of your best player and for the Ravens those hands are the foot of Justin Tucker.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Doltos posted:

Ill just say it, that kick would have been good from 70

lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that kick was a real doinker. that means good from 70

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

YOLOsubmarine posted:

When the game is on the line you put the ball in the hands of your best player and for the Ravens those hands are the foot of Justin Tucker.

I almost thought the best thing to do there might be to try to fake it--it would be a good way to possibly get 1-on-1 coverage instead of trying some hail mary or lateral plays.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

it doinked in, so eh, i don't think so, but it still owned

Yeah, but Tucker probably would have put more juice on it if it wasn't such a chip shot.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I’m pretty sure Tucker could have made the ball double jump like Mario for the extra 5 yards

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What would happen if you put Justin Tucker on the Vikings?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

What would happen if you put Justin Tucker on the Vikings?
The simulation would crash

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

shyduck posted:

The simulation would crash

He’d miss but it would still travel the same distance in the air.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He’d miss but it would still travel the same distance in the air.

It doinks backwards and is largely forgotten except by nerds like me

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I always thought the one big knock on Tucker as one of the best was his record for kicks over 60 yards. And the one he did hit while great wasn't in that real top grouping of kicks. But this single-handedly ends that. I think now his biggest blemish is he's failed badly in a couple playoff games.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

I always thought the one big knock on Tucker as one of the best was his record for kicks over 60 yards. And the one he did hit while great wasn't in that real top grouping of kicks. But this single-handedly ends that. I think now his biggest blemish is he's failed badly in a couple playoff games.

only Kawa would find a way to poo poo on Tucker today

JUSTIN TUCKER IS A GOD

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I'm not. I'm mostly saying he got rid of one of his biggest shortcomings. He missed all his other 60+ attempts except for that first Detroit one. But now he's ahead of the entire pack by two yards.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

hook them

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Too think Colt McCoy was once so near to greatness.

It was Case McCoy, and I think it’s very adorable Texas fans still consider this a landmark win

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

General Dog posted:

It was Case McCoy, and I think it’s very adorable Texas fans still consider this a landmark win

It was very funny and good for Texas to win that game, and I say that as a Sooner fan

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kawalimus posted:

I'm not. I'm mostly saying he got rid of one of his biggest shortcomings. He missed all his other 60+ attempts except for that first Detroit one. But now he's ahead of the entire pack by two yards.

Tucker is only the third player in NFL history to have two 60+ yard field goals in his career, and the other two are Sebastian Janikowski and Greg Zuerlein*, just in case you didn't realize how rare those really are (I think Tucker's was the 21st such kick ever made). The NFL just tracks attempts at 50+ yards, and he still makes 70% of those, while those other two guys averaged around 55% for kicks over 50 yards. If you think that or really anything about Tucker's career is some kind of shortcoming or knock against him, you've never paid attention to any other kickers in the history of football, cause he's literally the most accurate guy in the history of the sport and has been one of the best playing since the minute he got into the league.

*To be fair, Prater had the 64-yarder and three more from 59, and a number of other long ones, while Matt Bryant and Morten Andersen both had a 59 and a 60+ yarder. So, some close stuff there.

Yes, I know arguing with Kawalimus is pointless.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sono posted:

Yeah, but Tucker probably would have put more juice on it if it wasn't such a chip shot.

justin tucker will become the first NFL kicker to kick two balls for one field goal attempt where he aims at the first one kicked so both balls collide and get extra force to go through the posts for 3

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/1442296355335061504?s=19

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

fartknocker posted:

Tucker is only the third player in NFL history to have two 60+ yard field goals in his career, and the other two are Sebastian Janikowski and Greg Zuerlein*, just in case you didn't realize how rare those really are (I think Tucker's was the 21st such kick ever made). The NFL just tracks attempts at 50+ yards, and he still makes 70% of those, while those other two guys averaged around 55% for kicks over 50 yards. If you think that or really anything about Tucker's career is some kind of shortcoming or knock against him, you've never paid attention to any other kickers in the history of football, cause he's literally the most accurate guy in the history of the sport and has been one of the best playing since the minute he got into the league.

*To be fair, Prater had the 64-yarder and three more from 59, and a number of other long ones, while Matt Bryant and Morten Andersen both had a 59 and a 60+ yarder. So, some close stuff there.

Yes, I know arguing with Kawalimus is pointless.

That's not true a guy named Brett Maher is 3 for 3 from 60+ and Prater had another 62 yarder this year. It's a great feat but until yesterday there were much better power kickers than Tucker. I mean he was still up there but if you're making a hall of fame case for a kicker it's gotta be insane stuff. I still think he doesn't quite make it but his case certainly has gotten stronger.

To me a kicker who makes the hall of fame will have to do something like make 60+ yarders regularly and totally change the game.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Sep 27, 2021

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Kawalimus posted:

That's not true a guy named Brett Maher is 3 for 3 from 60+ and Prater had another 62 yarder this year. It's a great feat but until yesterday there were much better power kickers than Tucker. I mean he was still up there but if you're making a hall of fame case for a kicker it's gotta be insane stuff. I still think he doesn't quite make it but his case certainly has gotten stronger.

To me a kicker who makes the hall of fame will have to do something like make 60+ yarders regularly and totally change the game.

You’re still talking all of 5 guys who’ve done it multiple times and about two dozen total instances of it in NFL history. Nobody whose watched Justin Tucker’s career had any misgivings or doubts about his leg strength whatsoever apparently except you.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Why are you even talking about his shortcomings when he kicked a 66 yarder

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

once again only kawa finds a way to poo poo on tucker in the thread

go away already and let people enjoy this, your gimmick sucks here

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Why are you engaging with this guy? Y'all crazy.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

fartknocker posted:

You’re still talking all of 5 guys who’ve done it multiple times and about two dozen total instances of it in NFL history. Nobody whose watched Justin Tucker’s career had any misgivings or doubts about his leg strength whatsoever apparently except you.

I don't have any doubts about his leg strength. I'm talking about Tucker's case for being a Hall of Famer not whether he is a great kicker or not. And to me there still isn't a kicker out there with any real case at HoF. So I'm talking about his leg strength relative to the absolute top guys in the league. Because to make a case for being a HoF at kicker I think you have to stand head and shoulders above everyone else in every area. That's what I mean when I say to make a HoF case a guy needs to hit 60 yarders with a consistency that you would trot him out there in a typical game situation and not just desperation or at the end of the half. And maybe even also kicks perfect onside kicks consistently that your team has a chance at recovering. A guy that is really a weapon and not just replaceable by some other guy. And Tucker is amazing and probably the best kicker in the game. Maybe even the best ever? But still not a HoFer.

Where am I saying no one can enjoy this to the other poster? Do you know how many times I've watched that kick?? :D

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Where am I saying no one can enjoy this to the other poster? Do you know how many times I've watched that kick?? :D

You’re a downer dude. Just a complete buzzkill.

Let people enjoy things ONE TIME without your stupid skepticism and pessimism. Please.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

You’re a downer dude. Just a complete buzzkill.

Let people enjoy things ONE TIME without your stupid skepticism. Just practice shutting the gently caress up ONE loving TIME.

If my posts make someone not enjoy something that's their problem to figure out. I enjoy it my way. I'm just talking about the question of whether Tucker(or any other kicker) is a hall of famer and my answer is still no.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

If my posts make someone not enjoy something that's their problem to figure out. I enjoy it my way.

I edited my post to be nicer because I didn’t want to be that much of a dick.

But multiple people are telling you to stop. I know you like it your way, but please stop having it your way at the expense of others.

please.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBrgFfklE8Q

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

I edited my post to be nicer because I didn’t want to be that much of a dick.

But multiple people are telling you to stop. I know you like it your way, but please stop having it your way at the expense of others.

please.

And why?? It's the day after it's not like the moment he made the kick I was saying that. I like reflecting and thinking about these things. To me that he even warrants a discussion on HoF speaks pretty highly of him!!

Again if somebody was on a high and they read my post and it affected them I see that as their problem. Why should you care? I'm not trying to say don't enjoy the kick or don't think Tucker is great. So what I mean is that's their thing to work out and not my job to walk on eggshells to make sure Johnny Footballfan doesn't get buzzkilled.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Simply because I am asking you to.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dang I guess Ravens fans shouldn't be happy that they got saved and won a game with a historic NFL record 66 yard kick.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

This is a cheer on the longest kick in NFL history not the thread to say "well, that's good, but he and no other kicker are worthy of the hall of fame."

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
imo rename kicking to tucking and kickers to tuckers

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is a cheer on the longest kick in NFL history not the thread to say "well, that's good, but he and no other kicker are worthy of the hall of fame."

I do get that but that was yesterday and I think using it as a general Tucker thread after that is ok.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Are you incapable of being happy or enjoying anything?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I was watching a Tucker interview after the game and he said he basically had to approach it like it was a kickoff, which I thought was interesting. Mostly getting the "sweet spot" on the ball with his foot, but drat if that thing wasn't perfectly aimed too.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kawalimus posted:

I do get that but that was yesterday and I think using it as a general Tucker thread after that is ok.

actually the thread is calling Tucker a god so if you could keep your blasphemy confined to a different thread as this one is about worship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

Are you incapable of being happy or enjoying anything?
Have you ever seen a Bachman's Sparrow, Ivory-billed Woodpecker, Swainson's Thrush, Red-cockaded Woodpecker, or Roseate Tern bathed in the glow of a Maryland sunset?