Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What does this game make you think of
This poll is closed.
Poop 1 2.27%
A Butt 3 6.82%
Poop from a butt 28 63.64%
Something super cool 12 27.27%
Total: 44 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

What a stupid sport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mustached Demon posted:

What a stupid sport

I love it

When it's not making me sad

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
gently caress I'm so fuckin' happy YESSSSSSSSSSS

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Corrupt rear end refs got the score within 3 for the bookies :jerkbag:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Grittybeard posted:

Heh, so does the AFC West (don't check which teams).

So 2 good divisions :hmmyes:

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Incredible, go Pack

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

30 seconds, too much time for Rodgers to make a come back

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

How many times has Crosby won with a walk off field goal after an impossibly fast drive? It feels like it happens in 1/4 of packers games.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I love the stupidest games. Give me Raiders/Ravens all day, every day this year I say.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MakaVillian posted:

Defence didn't get any pressure on Rogers in the 2nd half which was a problem on the last drive

Yeah I wasn't paying enough attention but whatever they did figuring out a way to contain Bosa for the most part let alone the other guys was a big deal.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
CAN AARON RODGERS OVERCOME A SOFT ZONE DEFENSE

poo poo I JUST DONT KNOW

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

SCOOP, THERE IT IS!

Indeed Tag Team, indeed.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Codependent Poster posted:

Nah they consider that giving yourself up when you lay down

Jivesauce posted:

No he gave himself up. If the player makes no attempt to continue the play they consider it to be over.

Ah, well. I don't have a ton of interest in the NFL, so yeah I didn't know about that.

The idea of "if your knee hits the ground, you aren't down until someone touches you, except at those times when your knee hits the ground and we, the referees, have decided that you have chosen that you are down" seems kind of stupid :shrug:

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

BGrifter posted:

What a game. Holy poo poo. That was AWESOME.

Trying lots of new things tonight. Defensive stops. Beating the Niners. It’s bizarroworld!

it's the nfl after wrestlemania

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Its Rinaldo posted:

I love it

When it's not making me sad

I'll still 'watch' it though

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chief McHeath posted:

Ah, well. I don't have a ton of interest in the NFL, so yeah I didn't know about that.

The idea of "if your knee hits the ground, you aren't down until someone touches you, except at those times when your knee hits the ground and we, the referees, have decided that you have chosen that you are down" seems kind of stupid :shrug:

Turns out NFL rules are sometimes arcane and dumb

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Chief McHeath posted:

The rule is basically so you can kneel to grab the ball and run with it.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Did Collinsworth just reveal he's finally going to propose to Tom Brady next week?

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah I wasn't paying enough attention but whatever they did figuring out a way to contain Bosa for the most part let alone the other guys was a big deal.

They did a great job of chipping Bosa on the final drive to just hold him up enough

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

what the

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Do we still have that “the nfl is scripted” thread?

(coaches are just that bad at clock management)

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

MakaVillian posted:

They did a great job of chipping Bosa on the final drive to just hold him up enough

Yeah, the whole Packers line did well tonight for what I saw of the game. They weren’t ever going to hold out forever, but over and over again they gave Rodgers a clean pocket long enough to outlast our secondary’s ability to match up.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The 49ers are such a loving embarrassment.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Kirios posted:

The 49ers are such a loving embarrassment.

The team is fine… but that Jimmy G. Woof!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Chief McHeath posted:

I like the idea of a player making a diving catch in an open field being able to get up and run, since the weren’t tackled. The “giving yourself up” rule seems dumb but the alternative would be something even dumber like making players lateral the ball out of bounds to kill a play in that circumstance so :shrug: