Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What does this game make you think of
This poll is closed.
Poop 1 2.27%
A Butt 3 6.82%
Poop from a butt 28 63.64%
Something super cool 12 27.27%
Total: 44 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Nick Bosa vs a third stringer I feel like is going to be a little bit unfair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Curious what Sermon thought was gonna happen if he managed to get out of there on his feet.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Jaguars Bengals

I've willingly sought out and watched Florida State the last two weeks, I'll survive this.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

euphronius posted:

How did lance have no INTs

He had one (in the one game he played in 2020).

Other than that he seems to take care of the ball pretty well generally and if he doesn't he doesn't exactly throw an easy ball for a db to pick I guess? At least for FCS DBs. That thing is generally coming at you with some heat.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Play posted:

He also played on a team that, like, never lost and generally was just worlds ahead of their opponents

That too but he also did look legit good individually more often than not from what I can tell.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Robnoxious posted:

So, Sinkhole or LA Brea or whatever the gently caress it's called is trying to catch lightning in a bottle and be the next :lost:?

quote:

A massive sinkhole opens up in the middle of Los Angeles, separating a family between two worlds. The mother and son fall into an unexplainable primeval land alongside a group of strangers trying to figure out where they are, and how to get back home. Left above is a daughter, who barely manages to survive the disaster, and the father, whose troubled past and hallucinations make him an unlikely choice to help solve the mystery -- and reunite the family. But when he realizes his visions might just be the key to finding their loved ones, time will be the only thing that stands in their way.

Uh, this show is going to be a no for me I think.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That's actually as solid of a job as you can ask out of a tight end singled up on Bosa? I mean he got ran over but he was in the way as long as he could be.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh handsome Jimmy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I disagree about that being a good throw Cris. If the Packer guy wasn't there Kittle wouldn't have caught up with it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mustached Demon posted:

Why not go for it? Niners defense a pile of unrecyclable e waste

It was definitely the right call to go for it, Niners have been rear end on both sides of the ball for the most part. Now their offense has to go 93 yards without messing up, which seems unlikely.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I really like Deebo, but not sure that spot is right...oh I guess if you thought he had possession that's a pretty good spot.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MakaVillian posted:

Kyle really doesn't trust Sermon

We learned last year he plays his best if you ignore him all season and only give him the ball in the playoffs.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm hot at Shanahan for punting here, so I'm glad he's angry too.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Strong DPI offense tonight.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Thank god Shanahan punted from midfield, otherwise the Packers might be threatening to score.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm not convinced he didn't flash that ball over the plane for a TD?

Ah no, stepped out long before that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I thought the 49ers would win a closeish game, but the Packers winning wouldn't have surprised me at all.

Packers blowing the doors off of the 49ers isn't something I saw coming.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Tackled by a kicker who has had gray hair for the last decade I think.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Poor OL guy there did what he had to after having a hand in hit throat all play, ha.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Green Bay should be ashamed for falling for that. There's no way he was going to throw that ball.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
49ers get the second half kickoff I think?

I mean this could end up being a game pretty quickly in theory.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Wonder what goal line offenses looked like when you had the goalposts in the front of the end zone.

Seems like a gigantic pain in the rear end for everyone involved, luckily I don't think mesh concepts were common back then since you could just murder any receiver at any time coming across the middle.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Wait, why is Garappolo back as QB?!?

Trey Lance is being used as a gadget player only until Jimmy gets his yearly season ending injury.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
'Doubt that you're gonna see a blitz' Pack brings 7.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tim Whatley posted:

Do we know wtf happened to Andy Reid yet

Just sick in some fashion, apparently responsive and all and 'in good spirits.' Being reported as just being cautionary.

They haven't said what actually happened.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Nice tackle by whoever that was on Kittle there.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Been a while since I've paid attention to him and Cris is getting worse over the years.

He used to describe things that were actually happening or you could squint and imagine happening at least.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

razorscooter posted:

jimny needs more reps with the team

I get the joke here and it's not like I've been paying attention to SF beat writers or anything but I get the feeling Lance only gets reps practicing short yardage packages. So...yeah, whatever that means.

I mean it might be worth putting him in anyway. And letting him...freelance (oh god I'll show myself out).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If the game gets out of hand maybe they put Lance in, so we should be cheering for back to back Niners pick 6's.

Like I have no rooting interest here, I just want to see him play.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't think that was a catch but I'm glad they at least finally continued the damned game either way.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Alex Mack has been in the league for like 13 years, you think he'd be used to snapping the ball.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

Alex Mack has been in the league for like 13 years, you think he'd be used to snapping the ball.

Like even that one was weak, you wanna get the ball back there faster than that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

the pic they're using for Kittel this game has the some serious "Greener decides to run an organic pot farm and maybe sell LSD on the side" vibes.

Kittle's personality won me over when he was mic'd up for the super bowl. I mean I knew he was an awesome player but that made me like him.

...and this is kinda the vibe I got from hearing him talk during a game too.

Ugh I hope that isn't something serious, I didn't see what happened.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ummm.....I don't trust that was long enough to check Adams out.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Jimmy smiling after that makes me think it wasn't really roughing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Codependent Poster posted:

lol they call that poo poo but not what they did to Adams?

They actually did a good job showing that no one could have seen the Adams hit. A rare win for the officiating announcer guy.

And I guess you can't review that in the NFL, it's an auto-review in college.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Full in on the bench Jimmy crew now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BGrifter posted:

Time for Jones to go full Ivan Drago mode.

Um, you remember the end of that film right? Ha.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Play posted:

you can't put Jimmy out there again. all he's done all game is make mistakes and make a few easy passes, he's playing like doo doo and that last play should be the last straw for today

No coach in the NFL puts their rookie QB in for the first real game action in this situation though.

I mean, I get it, but it's not happening unless it's for a trick play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
49ers gonna punt here if they don't make it I bet.