Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Harrow posted:

Oh, they rebalanced armor types? I didn't see that in the patch notes.

That would explain why any armor that isn't heavy armor feels completely loving worthless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

I can’t even play because I sit in the new player queue for days. But also don’t want to play with the weird cult leader goon.

Beef Juice
Dec 28, 2003
resurrected

jaegerx posted:

I’m trying to find a good healer build that shows you the talents to select in order so you’re not completely useless. Anyone got one that’s working for them? I was thinking life staff + hatchet.

I'm only level 25 but lifestaff + hatchet has been fantastic. Decent heals the one time I did Amrine, and I can face tank aoe mobs solo. Sacred Ground, Orb of Protector, and Beacon are what I've gone with for staff, for hatchet basically max out berserk and play around with what else you like. The ranged hatchet tree is kind of doo doo.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

TT has started banning people from the discord and deleting messages about the stuff being brought up in this thread. If you're in there, find an exit lol.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Astryl posted:

I can’t even play because I sit in the new player queue for days. But also don’t want to play with the weird cult leader goon.

Make your own cult when you get in game and then !getbank all the goon gold to a random pubbie. At least then the goon guild leader wouldn't be a shitheel.

E: good news is that rollyo is locked to new creations so if you're not there, you're now free to create a character on whatever is open. Honestly the more I play the more I realize how undercooked this loving game is. Maybe I'll come back to the game in a month and see if amazon has pulled its head out of its rear end and the game is still online, and the goon drama has shaken itself out.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Oct 4, 2021

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

orange juche posted:

That would explain why any armor that isn't heavy armor feels completely loving worthless.

Yeah I've been able to facetank PvE enemies in light armor just because with hatchet and life staff I can poo poo heals everywhere but maybe I'll try heavy and be even more unkillable. I remember reading before launch that light armor was better for healers because of the healing bonus but maybe that's not as important as just never dying.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

jaegerx posted:

I’m trying to find a good healer build that shows you the talents to select in order so you’re not completely useless. Anyone got one that’s working for them? I was thinking life staff + hatchet.

Check out New World Hub for leveling builds and PvP builds when you've gotten the points.

Life Staff: https://nwhub.gg/life-staff-leveling-build/

Hatchet: https://nwhub.gg/hatchet-leveling-build/

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

fast cars loose anus posted:

Yeah, at least with mobs I can get that this is a possibility and therefore some limit has to happen but in my case it was barrels to interact with and its like dude just let them instantly respawn its fine

Those ones NW of Everfall right? It's like one of the only cases of quest interactables that I've seen that can't be shared by multiple people, maybe because it forces a mob spawn?

Alligator Tower
Aug 22, 2004

Someone got banned on the discord for asking why nazis were allowed on the discord, I mentioned it in corp chat and was told to "keep that junk on SA please"

Is this even a goon guild anymore lol

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
so who's writing the next OP

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Alligator Tower posted:

Someone got banned on the discord for asking why nazis were allowed on the discord, I mentioned it in corp chat and was told to "keep that junk on SA please"

Is this even a goon guild anymore lol

it's a TT discord network that moves from game to game and that happens to get SA threads made about it, and they last a little while before TT shows his whole rear end and gets ejected yet again. Ostensibly goon run but lmao ive heard gamer words a few times on the bad games discord in voip, which ive not had to deal with in goon groups since a long time ago.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Kaysette posted:

so who's writing the next OP

Clam down it’s your time to shine.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Harrow posted:

Yeah I've been able to facetank PvE enemies in light armor just because with hatchet and life staff I can poo poo heals everywhere but maybe I'll try heavy and be even more unkillable. I remember reading before launch that light armor was better for healers because of the healing bonus but maybe that's not as important as just never dying.

Hatchet and life staff has like 4-5 ways to stay alive, so its ridiculously resilient. The problem with light armor is if you're not running a build with a lot of sustain you go down in about a half a second if something looks at you wrong. Heavy armor is a good bit more resilient, and if you weren't relying on light armor's dodge rolling you can probably turn yourself into an invincible beef slab with heavy armor.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
I'd suggest hopping out of that discord in the OP (which I'm editing out now) now that TT got kicked from the Goon Discord Network for their behavior.

The SFD discord is still chill and good.

Kaysette fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Oct 4, 2021

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Kill All Cops posted:

Those ones NW of Everfall right? It's like one of the only cases of quest interactables that I've seen that can't be shared by multiple people, maybe because it forces a mob spawn?

uh where you put the poison in the food yeah I think so. Maybe spawning the mob is why

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Maybe we can get this up to toilet eve levels of drama.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

jaegerx posted:

Clam down it’s your time to shine.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kaysette posted:

I'd suggest hopping out of that discord in the OP (which I'm editing out now) now that TT got kicked from the Goon Discord Network for their behavior.

The SFD discord is still chill and good.

Lmao this isn't EE levels of speedrunning but it's pretty drat close.

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy
What a time to be alive, MMO launches really are the best goon experience

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Bye, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Who’s signing up for the next meltdown?

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Dead Like Rev posted:

You would think especially after ya know his friendships with Taylor Swift, Kimsemus, Fat32 and so so so so many others we’d all raise an eyebrow about letting him be involved in running things and making thread OPs but here we are with people he puts in charge apparently making slurs in discord.

Even if he wasn't a thinly veiled fascist he's still the dumbest person I've ever played a video game with. I understand making mistakes but making the same mistake three times with the same thing in a very short time frame is just stupidity. And when this kind of thing happens in multiple different games it's kind of ridiculous. Thinking about it makes me wonder just how absolutely stupid you have to be to make some of these mistakes too. Atlas and Life is fuedal players will know just how absolutely stupid he is and any wow classic officer who was herding cats when he was around will tell you the stupid poo poo he pulled there. "not everyone gets to raid" to a group after they refused to kick one of their own and carry him. Get these man babies out of our community and make goon mmo guilds about terrible games not terrible people once again.

It's like he took the imperium on eve and told himself that's a great vision for any goon guild.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Drinkfist posted:

Because no one wants to run a goon guild except for him. Seriously that's the illness. HE WANTS IT.

Yeah at this point in my life though I’m not interested in being in some guild run by some gamer bro that has way too much time on his hands. I just mostly wanna play games with chill normal people that enjoy playing games as a hobby and not a lifestyle. If some structure emerges from that sort of group, great, but you’re 100% right that the moment someone wants to “rally the goons” rather than naturally emerging, it’s a huge red flag.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

orange juche posted:

Heavy armor is a good bit more resilient, and if you weren't relying on light armor's dodge rolling you can probably turn yourself into an invincible beef slab with heavy armor.

:hmmyes:

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

this is a total forking shitshow

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

lmao the $0 spent on this game is incredibly well spent

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ein Sexmonster posted:

:sickos:

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I’ll stop making GBS threads in the thread and return to the rock from where I crawled out from under.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

If anything your ArcheAge OP proved you’re the best at MMO OPs. :)

But seriously if Arus doesn’t do it I’ll do the new OP when I get home from work tomorrow evening.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

It wasn’t even a full week

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

So who wants to make a new discord server for Royllo folks

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

The Shortest Path posted:

TT has started banning people from the discord and deleting messages about the stuff being brought up in this thread. If you're in there, find an exit lol.

Yeah I noped the gently caress out once I realized what a piece of poo poo he is.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

You guys gotta take longer than 10 years to fix that

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

lmao

I knew I should have bailed on poo poo the instant I realized tempus was involved, I've been around for a couple of his flameouts including the brobot fiasco. Unfortunately I decided to stick it out for a couple days and now I can't move to the SFD server and am stuck with pubbies on Rollyo. We could always pick another server and just start a week behind everyone else on the server, which doesn't seem to be super bad as an idea, since Rollyo goons are going to get turbo hosed by tempus and tempus loyalist officers loving off with the bank and territory. I'm having a hard time deciding on whether I want to do that because I put a lot of time into skill grinding.

Then again I wasted a bunch of reputation points with the various settlements on the XP buff when apparently that is not the thing to do.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Oct 4, 2021

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Anita Dickinme posted:

If anything your ArcheAge OP proved you’re the best at MMO OPs. :)

But seriously if Arus doesn’t do it I’ll do the new OP when I get home from work tomorrow evening.

Eonwe should come back to this game and group with me imo

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Kaysette posted:

Hi all, catching up on this thread now. I picked the wrong weekend to go to a COVID wedding!

Happy covid! Hope you don’t catch it!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Dead Like Rev posted:

I’ll stop making GBS threads in the thread and return to the rock from where I crawled out from under.

You're a hero, thanks Rev.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

2DCAT posted:

Eonwe should come back to this game and group with me imo

what server and I'll consider it

also send me a discord invite on steam

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

So now we can finally play the game? Oh poo poo. Queues.

E: next op should include a link to your etsy shop selling goon squad T-shirts.

jaegerx fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Oct 4, 2021