Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Honestly I’m just gonna try and get $40 out of busted content for a month or two before the game implodes. Even then worst case scenario is it’s just a mellow pve tree-chopping fishing sim. Anything past that is basically a bonus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
It’s immersive & very pretty and lots of fundamental tasks like harvesting are enjoyable and well done but it’s also hilarious how many basic design decisions are just flat out dumb as hell.

This weekend is going to be loving amazing, gonna be some record setting queue times. Thinking “paperweight on w” for Friday & Saturday nights… lol what a shitshow

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

JuffoWup posted:

The worst part is actually going to be resource spawns. All over again. I was surprised when I decided to try and make common health potions. You need tier 2 material for that.. IE, fungus. And not only are they regional, but they are quite limited. Oh, and gathering never gives you tracking for it. Same goes with herbs fyi.

Gathering tracks rare plants eventually (think slevel 50?). I think the real issue with resources is static spawns, and it’s one of the big reasons that it would be a disaster to increase server size too high without expanding the map/starter areas. It seems like it’d be abusable as hell too with bots

idiotsavant fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 30, 2021

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Cithen posted:

I spent 6hrs playing this game until I found something i could harvest with my sickle, which led me to spend the next 20min harvesting hemp.

I found a fast travel point that was just absolutely surrounded in silkweed, and even though there’s basically zero market for it right now and it’s practically worthless and unusable because of that but I still couldn’t resist harvesting it allllll give it all to me I have other poo poo to do but it’s right there in front of me time to get it!!

Also just a thought, low server cap + now they’re starting to close some servers to new players + zero resource sinks + other goofy management means the economy is gonna get real real weird real fast