Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

US-West here. New MMO launches are my absolute favourite, even if the game is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'm having fun, but it's crazy how much frustrating poo poo is in this 2021 game. Finding quest objects is a pain in the rear end, having to walk everywhere because you don't have enough TP juice is a pain in the rear end, no mounts/improved move speed is a pain in the rear end, the storage being locked per town is a pain in the rear end. I'm going to unlock instances and find out there's no Dungeon Finder, aren't I?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

it's fuckin 2021!!!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Anno posted:

All that stuff is unironically what I want in an MMO so I’m excited.

Different strokes for different folks but my favourite parts of MMOs do not involve running all over a poorly defined area looking for a moose to kill or tabbing out while auto-running in a straight line to my next destination lol. It feels like these were all problems that got solved and fixed and they just decided to go back in time for some reason.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

JuffoWup posted:

I wouldn't recommend auto run tab outs in this game though. You will run into a camp of some sort that could be higher level than you. Assuming you don't run into a wall some place.

Hasn't happened yet but I'll keep that in mind.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Ort posted:

There are also several great MMO options on the market if you want those things. In fact MMOs have been doing cookie cutter WoW copycats for like 15 years. I’m also in the camp of enjoying some of the warts of this game.

There are other cars with airbags but I still want my car to have them.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Carmant posted:

Drive your car to another thread because your gimmick posting is annoying

What is my gimmick?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Carmant posted:

Dude has been posting the same poo poo over and over in every iteration of the New World thread. It's tiresome. You don't have to like the game, but at some point, like when you've realized that you hate it and have no interest in playing it, maybe you should move on with your life.

You have me confused with someone else. This is the only New World thread I've ever posted in I'm pretty sure, and considering I knew nothing about the game until today when I first started playing I can't imagine that I've ever posted anything complaining about it. Sounds like you got so mad you hallucinated lol

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Carmant posted:

You're right I probably got you confused with all of the other garbage MMO HMO posters that all sound the exact same and post with the same lovely affect. Like the Clam Down guy.

Nice damage control lol. I don't expect you to apologize even though you should. Lets just move on so the thread doesn't get any worse.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Carmant posted:

Literally every post of yours in this thread is "lol game bad". Like you could at least have the decency to be funny about it. Make a joke about why the game is bad or something.

EDIT: Deleted for being needlessly bitchy. Lets all live and let god.

fadam fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 28, 2021

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Awesome! posted:

so what does this game do really well? what are the main selling points beyond "its a new mmo"

It’s a new MMO that’s not some sandbox pos and Amazon will probably spend a shitload of money making sure it doesn’t fail.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Ruggan posted:

and yet it still will

We’ll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Did some Sigmascape raids in FFXIV with some friends for the first time after playing New World all day and suffered extreme whiplash lol