Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
If you restart steam, you should get an option to install now. It's a 39.4 GB download.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
There's a quest boss you have to kill in a dark cave as part of a quest that has apparently an ~8 minute respawn timer, but more people hit that quest stage in 8 minutes than are able to get a kill when he spawns. So 1-2 people who have to wait, become 3-4, and when I rolled up it was about 15 people crammed in the corner to 1-shot the boss, many of whom will be disappointed.

Marked a good time to take a break for a while.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
I hit 24 (and then 25) and moved over to Brightwood, but I'm finding that a bunch of the quests / board stuff sends me to spots where I get dumpstered by level 33/34 monsters while I'm trying to loot a buckle from random chests.

Is there a different kind of zone progression I should be doing?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

CuddleCryptid posted:

Right now the market is so thoroughly messed up that it's basically just stacking cash. No one knows what anything is worth, so you have people selling items for 100 gold, and the material needed to make those items for...100 gold.

The biggest money sinks are going to be housing and market purchases of crafting mats, but it'd hard to buy and sell, so who knows?

This is theoretically correct economics (assuming you meant the sum of costs of all the materials equals the cost of final product) in a game where crafting is really fast, and not limited by daily cooldowns or similar.

In MMOs where you have to skillup crafting, it's actually very common for the relationship to get inverted so that the components for a Purple Sword cost much more than the Purple Sword is worth to players. This is because there are 200 crafters out there who need to each make 15 Purple Swords, and they don't want to vendor their Purple Swords because it means an even bigger loss, so they tend to undercut each other.

I think one of the bigger consumption sinks down the road is actually going to be the job board delivery quests, "Deliver 15 Common Health Potions". It's essentially spending gold directly on XP if you buy the stuff off the market.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
The flip side of Quest Boss with 8-minute respawn: the bosses inside churches that respawn after 3 seconds, which creates giant piles of people standing there farming them for experience, still denying quest progress.