Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I haven’t played a FPS in so long, near the end of beta I tried musket and bow and was having way too much fun putting those rusty skills to use. It’s cool that it offers a different way to play MMO combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Have they been adding more servers throughout the day?

There are also several great MMO options on the market if you want those things. In fact MMOs have been doing cookie cutter WoW copycats for like 15 years. I’m also in the camp of enjoying some of the warts of this game.

Dr. Carwash posted:

So I've been looking at streams of this game. Is there no hotbar?? Do you really only have those 3 skills or whatever to use on the side? Is that it? Do you unlock more cool abilities and poo poo when you lvl up?

You can swap weapons but it’s mostly focused on action/tactical combat instead of skill spamming. So 6 skills max.

If they had an intended flat cap to players per server it boggles my mind that they didn’t just keep spinning up more with increasing preorders/orders as their entire plan. Like it surprised them or something.

Yeah it all seems pretty standard for an MMO launch. Honestly probably better than the Diablo 2 release just last week because at least people could play New World once they got through the queue.

What exactly makes people say this is trying to be a “theme park mmo”? That they added 6 dungeons? Even though the shift in the last year has been more toward pve, I’m not sure I’d use the theme park descriptor for it. Like it in no way feels like Everquest or WoW to me.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

. Warhammer's animations are dogshit

Whaaaat. Those were the first animations that made me go “oh heck yeah” smashing fools.

CuddleCryptid posted:

Also I hate to tell you guys but your choice of the yellow company kind of sucks, weird zealot freaks creep me out

These factions all seem written loosely enough that you can take some liberties in your own head of what they embody. I was not huge on covenant and then I got thinking about how I could just treat it like a nature worshipping psycho slaying all who destroy nature on the island and it got me chuckling.

That guy’s laugh is going to haunt my nightmares for the rest of my life.

Hakarne posted:

Maybe I'm weird but I actually like the story/world. The fact that they have a lore reason for why you and other creatures die and respawn makes it a lot more immersive for me. The world is beautiful and I dig the armor aesthetics, the time period is very unique for a MMO. I feel like the setting and lore is a big part of the hook, at least for me. I mean it's not going to win any awards for writing but the vibe is good.

This is where I’m at, too. What you said combined with the sound design and the realistic movement/combat make me really enjoy just playing the game. I don’t like MMOs that shove bad story down your throat, just give me a cool immersive world to explore and just enough setting/lore to let my brain make its own jumps and I’m happy.

There are like 3 companies on that USEast server, no reason to have them all under the same “leadership”. SFD was always a chill friendly place in GW2 but if USEast is where you want to be, just do something about it. Probably plenty of people who would follow suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shortest Path posted:

So who among the people running poo poo on Royllo is willing to sever from TT and remake the discord and guilds if needbe?

When this happens I think it would be rad to change factions for extra delineation. And for goon wars.