Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

RevKrule posted:

The best new comic of the fall is on Marvel unlimited and it’s “It’s Jeff”

And, holy loving poo poo, Marvel is both discussing and fixing bugs in Unlimited

https://twitter.com/MarvelSupport/status/1439940071134842881?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Random Stranger posted:

I feel like I should do some reading project for the new thread, but I don't have any idea what. Maybe the output of some short-lived third tier superhero line..

Malibu?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

I actually thought about that, but I don't want to bring up a pedophile constantly.

I think I have a fun, short option, though. I was tempted to do the New Universe, but I've... er... read all of those before...

Do an old Vertigo title that isn't Swamp Thing, Sandman, Lucifer or Hellblazer.

Edit: it'd fit with October coming up

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

:justpost:

But seriously, yes I would be interested in reading that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

New cool Dauterman cover. If you click through it's a thread showing the original source of each costume.

https://twitter.com/616wandacomfort/status/1438929616236863498?t=Vj6qJhuqKOE6xhRSdr3NNQ&s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Cat Wanda?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Wanda as a cat

But when was that in the comics? I tried googling both "cat wanda maximoff" and "Cat Avengers" and I just get fan art.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

JordanKai posted:

I can't see myself using the Amazon storefront to browse comics since it's so awful, so it might be time for me to open a pull list at the comic shop again.

Marvel at least lets you buy their comics from their own website, though it's kinda poo poo to browse from a computer too, maybe better with an app. Trying to read comics in Unlimited is way easier with the unlimited app than through their website.

Not sure about Image or DC.

If Comixology being gone and using the Amazon store is enough of a pain that a lot of people stop buying comics online I could see some combination of Image, Darkhorse, Boom, and possibly one or both of the big two throwing some venture capital at someone to make a better online store. If they laid off people who were working on the Comixology storefront/app when they folded it in to Amazon there's some people with the experience necessary to create one that need a new job.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

I know not everyone goes beyond their bookmarks (I usually don't), so just posting a link here to a thread I only found the other day which may interest some people.

Mac9k5 has posted the first couple issues of their black and white comic (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3960770), and they recently also posted images from several of the pages. It's a black and white sci-fi adventure story that reminds me a lot of those 80s/90s indie b&w boom comics. Heavy on the duo-shade, monsters, flying machines, blood. No weird T&A. Pretty cool and deserving of more eyes on it.

Thanks for this, looks cool.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Huh, I thought the Dead Girl miniseries established that the members of X-Statix were 100% trapped in hell forever

Krakoa ressurections somehow bypass the afterlife. That's been established as canon.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Someone with a Deadpool Avatar on twitter is trying to give Gail Simone poo poo for liking SJW movie The Eternals.

https://twitter.com/StrivingAlly/status/1457505027187109890?t=HKPKVyOWcyjeBguLIFmCVA&s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Wait, when did she get namedropped in the film?

Looking at an Easter Egg guide, in 2 he introduces himself as Gail to some bad guys, and there's a scene where he's riding a Vespa after his car gets wrecked, which occurred in Her run (though I wouldn't be surprised if there's scenes of Deadpool on a Vespa in several runs. In the first movie there's a waitress named Gail.

Given there's similar stuff for a bunch of other Deadpool writers and artists and Ryan Reynolds has met Gail Simone several times, I'm inclined to believe these are intentional, not coincidences.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

How dos it not cost $666 exactly?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Well this loving sucks.

https://twitter.com/BittrScrptReadr/status/1468262976838778880?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Naomi trailer

https://twitter.com/ava/status/1474055589697187840?s=20