Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Soonmot posted:

I'm not sure about where they decided to mount those guns

It was a real thing, early fighter plane guns were synced with the propeller so they’d not hit the blades somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Going into 2020, I knew nothing about that poo poo, I naively figured it was no worse than any other type of the disease. Then that July, my mom was diagnosed with it and so ensued five soul destroying months finding out all about it, helplessly watching her waste away, going in and out of hospital (that they let me visit her at all with Covid going on was a blessing but also spoke volumes about how bad they thought her condition was), trying as best we could to make the most of what time we had left. Speaking to oncology staff, some felt it was pretty much was the worst of the lot and from what I did see during those last months, I can well believe it. And the survival rate seemingly hasn’t changed in my lifetime.

My heart goes out to George and his family. No one deserves that. No one. It’s the cruelest poo poo.