Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That’s hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The issue with that particular recolour isn’t just that it’s different from the original. It’s that it’s ugly as sin.

The ones Zub posted aren’t as interesting to me (I like the vibrancy of the Marvel originals), but they’re pretty well done colours going for a particular more realistic style.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I know not everyone goes beyond their bookmarks (I usually don't), so just posting a link here to a thread I only found the other day which may interest some people.

Mac9k5 has posted the first couple issues of their black and white comic (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3960770), and they recently also posted images from several of the pages. It's a black and white sci-fi adventure story that reminds me a lot of those 80s/90s indie b&w boom comics. Heavy on the duo-shade, monsters, flying machines, blood. No weird T&A. Pretty cool and deserving of more eyes on it.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I’m going though my unread stack (multiple shelves) of graphic novels. Read Good Talk by Mira Jacobs today. It was really good, made me sad, laugh, be hopeful for some things and mad about others. Would recommend.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Jim Rugg is doing Hulk Grand Design.

He shows off some pages here and they look pretty amazing. I'm excited for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEli8pH7VmY

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It’s been a lot quieter :) (that’s not a good thing)

You’ve been missed for sure, I hope you are able to get well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

I forgot to link this here, if anyone is curious about the raw goings on in my life over the last few months

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3986522&pagenumber=7&perpage=40#post519975243

Having read that, I just want to echo what a lot of people from the other thread said and say I’m really happy that you made it through what seems to be the darkest part and are still here with us. If your recovery includes being able to post here, that’s awesome. If it doesn’t, I’m happy to know you’re in a better place mentally. Good luck.