Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I’ve been reading some DC golden age stuff lately and I have to say that Starman has been a pleasant surprise. Golden Age stuff in general is hokey and has exposition-heavy dialogue but the Starman stuff I’ve read is better written than its contemporaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

drrockso20 posted:

When you're finished with Razorline if you want more to cover perhaps THUNDER Agents could be a good choice, or maybe Project Superpowers if you want something a bit more modern

Golden Age stuff is usually pretty fun to dig into even if the comics themselves are often kind of bad in many respects

Also just found out a few days ago that someone went and started using Public Domain Superhero Power Nelson, The Future Man as their V-Tuber avatar which is a bit of a neat thing

Yeah, im working through everything I have (all trades/reprints) in a chronological reading order and I’m just getting into the post-WW2 stuff now and it’s getting a lot better. The stories are more coherent, the panel structures are getting more creative, the characters are better defined and some of the more recognizable villains are finally debuting. The Green Lantern 80th anniversary hardcover has the debuts of Vandal Savage and Solomon Grundy and both stories are pretty decent.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

I recently learned that Captain Marvel had an African American sidekick named Steamboat, and the depiction was considered racist even by the standards of the early 40s. Comics with steamboat have not been collected, as far as I’m aware.